Star Trek: Discovery Season 5

Ep 5 - Mirrors
*sigh*

I just can't fathom what was going on with these writers. This was a dumb plot because of yet more prior tie ins to the very super tiny universe of Star Trek, as well as some backstory flashbacks that I can only assume is an attempt to create sympathy for the murderous antagonists.

More, super Burnham fight scenes that transcends anything normal in Star Trek. I have no doubt She could kick the collective asses of Sisko, Worf, Kirk, Tasha, Tuvok, and Data in a battle royale fight. These writers have Marvel universe envy.

Tilly... **** me in the ass, why is she there? Critical moments are needed, and she's rushing into
sickbay to work on some power distribution systems that have nothing to do with their solution to the problem at hand. Yet she sees the Doctor and "feels" the need to stop and ask him how he's doing, and that she's there for him if he wants to talk... For **** sake, is there not one scene of importance that can go by without some discussion on their feelings?

The mirror universe Enterprise is here! Yay? Of course it is. Because that was 100% needed for the them of "connections".

The dialogue between how l'ok and mall met was beyond cringe. It was horrifically bad, so boring, and 100% not needed. This was to show their motivation and is nothing but more attempts at very badly trying to make us feel something for these two poor lost souls. I can't get over how they make these people talk to each other. Just dumb line after dumb line.

Burnham and Book can't access the computers on a 1000 year old Starship because of a "firewall" on an "antique"?!?!?!? NOR can they do it with their tricorders (or whatever they call them)??? Archer could open a remote car door on 20th century Earth with his ancient tricorder. They've shown SO many eps in TNG with tricorders being used to access info on everything. But 32nd century tech can't access a 1000 year old Starship? Come-on.

And all so they can have more team building moments of Rayner learning to work with his new family on a solution that involves, and get this, putting anti-matter into a PHOTORP... Yup. Their big solution wasn't just to fire photon torpedoes at the entry to the anomaly, but to take out whatever they use in them and add anti-matter to them. I guess they don't use anti-matter in their PHOTORPS in the 32nd century?

And finally, the baddies escape in a 1000 year old warp "pod" that all the super fast 32nd ships can't immediately catch up to, nor can the flippity flop drive of Discovery instantly catch, even though they can clearly follow it's warp trail (Because they don't have long range sensors in new Star Trek, they can only follow warp trails now, like trackers of old.

And in the ISS universe, not only does that 1000 year old Enterprise have super advanced holo-emitters, but they have them in sick bay, because I have to assume, they also have EMHs as well.

This was a horrible episode. And I 100% would have no idea this was Star Trek if the ships were just some generic sci fi ship of the week. I would feel like I was watching the afternoon teen drama from the 90's.

And it drives me insane how every STARFLEET officer acts like a nervous employee on their first day on the job when Rayner asks them to do something! There's an emergency. He needs answers, but they want him to pause, breath, close his eyes, and very politely and gently ask them to come up with a solution? It's really making them uncomfortable for him to just give an order. I mean, ho-ly ****. They may be used to Mother Burnham's gentle requests for her crew to help out in some cases, but they're STILL supposed to be Starfleet officers. How can they just not understand that orders need to be given quickly and responded to quickly, without thinking that they're being belittled?

This character development to make him a more gentle father figure like Pike speaks volumes to be blunt, what big babies people are in Discovery.

Last edited:
Just a pet peeve of mine, but the Kirk and Uhura kiss is NOT the first interracial kiss shown on television. It's not even the first one in Star Trek, let alone all of television.
Was there an early case of a white person kissing a black person on TV? Do tell.

And that is nothing, compared to what some players get away with.

To that point…tune-in to Game 4 of Round 1, later today…to see he who is The King of Travelling in action:

Oh Yeah Basketball GIF by Uninterrupted

Last edited:
Ep 5 - Mirrors
*sigh*

I just can't fathom what was going on with these writers. This was a dumb plot because of yet more prior tie ins to the very super tiny universe of Star Trek, as well as some backstory flashbacks that I can only assume is an attempt to create sympathy for the murderous antagonists.

More, super Burnham fight scenes that transcends anything normal in Star Trek. I have no doubt She could kick the collective asses of Sisko, Worf, Kirk, Tasha, Tuvok, and Data in a battle royale fight. These writers have Marvel universe envy.

Tilly... **** me in the ass, why is she there? Critical moments are needed, and she's rushing into
sickbay to work on some power distribution systems that have nothing to do with their solution to the problem at hand. Yet she sees the Doctor and "feels" the need to stop and ask him how he's doing, and that she's there for him if he wants to talk... For **** sake, is there not one scene of importance that can go by without some discussion on their feelings?

The mirror universe Enterprise is here! Yay? Of course it is. Because that was 100% needed for the them of "connections".

The dialogue between how l'ok and mall met was beyond cringe. It was horrifically bad, so boring, and 100% not needed. This was to show their motivation and is nothing but more attempts at very badly trying to make us feel something for these two poor lost souls. I can't get over how they make these people talk to each other. Just dumb line after dumb line.

Burnham and Book can't access the computers on a 1000 year old Starship because of a "firewall" on an "antique"?!?!?!? NOR can they do it with their tricorders (or whatever they call them)??? Archer could open a remote car door on 20th century Earth with his ancient tricorder. They've shown SO many eps in TNG with tricorders being used to access info on everything. But 32nd century tech can't access a 1000 year old Starship? Come-on.

And all so they can have more team building moments of Rayner learning to work with his new family on a solution that involves, and get this, putting anti-matter into a PHOTORP... Yup. Their big solution wasn't just to fire photon torpedoes at the entry to the anomaly, but to take out whatever they use in them and add anti-matter to them. I guess they don't use anti-matter in their PHOTORPS in the 32nd century?

And finally, the baddies escape in a 1000 year old warp "pod" that all the super fast 32nd ships can't immediately catch up to, nor can the flippity flop drive of Discovery instantly catch, even though they can clearly follow it's warp trail (Because they don't have long range sensors in new Star Trek, they can only follow warp trails now, like trackers of old.

And in the ISS universe, not only does that 1000 year old Enterprise have super advanced holo-emitters, but they have them in sick bay, because I have to assume, they also have EMHs as well.

This was a horrible episode. And I 100% would have no idea this was Star Trek if the ships were just some generic sci fi ship of the week. I would feel like I was watching the afternoon teen drama from the 90's.

And it drives me insane how every STARFLEET officer acts like a nervous employee on their first day on the job when Rayner asks them to do something! There's an emergency. He needs answers, but they want him to pause, breath, close his eyes, and very politely and gently ask them to come up with a solution? It's really making them uncomfortable for him to just give an order. I mean, ho-ly ****. They may be used to Mother Burnham's gentle requests for her crew to help out in some cases, but they're STILL supposed to be Starfleet officers. How can they just not understand that orders need to be given quickly and responded to quickly, without thinking that they're being belittled?

This character development to make him a more gentle father figure like Pike speaks volumes to be blunt, what big babies people are in Discovery.
Dramatic moment in the next episode:

Pike beams in behind the crew and yells "BOO!"
This results in several cases of soiled uniform pants....

So, you are being too cute by half, or intellectually dishonest.

You are comparing a light skinned Cuban kissing a white woman (his real wife), with a black woman kissing a white man, in the 1960s.

Hiding behind semantics to tell an untruth.

Had you bothered to read the article in full, you'd have read that there are far more examples than just Luci and Desi. I fail to see how going by the definition of interracial would make me intellectually dishonest, let alone the other examples provided of a white person kissing a black person. But I understand that doesn't fit the narrative people have tried to cultivate for so long.

At the risk of also joining the ignore list, there's
So, you are being too cute by half, or intellectually dishonest.

You are comparing a light skinned Cuban kissing a white woman (his real wife), with a black woman kissing a white man, in the 1960s.

Hiding behind semantics to tell an untruth.

At the risk of also joining your ignore list -- the article has footage of a 1967 TV kiss between Nancy Sinatra (white) and Sammy David Jr. (black.) That was about a year before "Plato's Stepchildren" aired.

This article makes a good case that the "first interracial kiss" claim for "Plato" first appeared many years after the episode aired. Trek history is rife with that sort of revisionism, so is it that surprising it might also be the case here?

At the risk of also joining the ignore list, there's

At the risk of also joining your ignore list -- the article has footage of a 1967 TV kiss between Nancy Sinatra (white) and Sammy David Jr. (black.) That was about a year before "Plato's Stepchildren" aired.

This article makes a good case that the "first interracial kiss" claim for "Plato" first appeared many years after the episode aired. Trek history is rife with that sort of revisionism, so is it that surprising it might also be the case here?
Perhaps, but that was a kiss on the cheek.

When Bill Shatner kissed women on Trek, it was on the mouth, and reportedly, rather rough.

Their big solution wasn't just to fire photon torpedoes at the entry to the anomaly, but to take out whatever they use in them and add anti-matter to them. I guess they don't use anti-matter in their PHOTORPS in the 32nd century?

Photon torpedos have both matter and antimatter. for a short range shot like this you can remove most of the matter, since it's not needed for propulsion, and max out your antimatter load.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back