Star Trek Discovery Uniform

captaincfox

Hi everyone, been long time since I've posted here!

I'm wondering if anyone else is working on or has finished a Disco Uniform? I've searched high and low across the internet and it doesn't seem a common occurrence. I'm also super interested to see if anyone actually has the uniform from Anovos? I'm yet to see anyone actually reviewing one, let alone wearing one. Considering they aren't available anymore it's a bit...odd?

I recently took order of a uniform from aliexpress (bit of a gamble I know) it's not great, but it's not terrible either, but now I'm looking for the next step to get a better uniform. I'd love to buy from Anovos but I'm assuming once they're gone, they're gone?

I ordered an Anovos uniform, as well as phaser.
They won’t reveal what exactly, but when I asked about tricorder or communicator, the rep smiled and said they would be doing a few more props but couldn’t discuss it further.

I’m going to take a shot at recreating the boots. Sully Wong made them but didn’t opt to sell to public. But they issued a sock shoe called Orbitur, that has the correct sole, and can have additional prices added to make it into boot. I may buy a set of of cosplay reproduction and see if I can combine the 2 for accurate look. Going to be a labor of love, that’s for sure. :)
Also note that the orbitur didn’t sell well , so it’s best to jump on buying a pair before remaining stock is purged.

Quantum FX has a very nice Magnetic insignia in all 3 colors from first season. Haven’t heard anything about 2nd season version (they added rank pips to it), but they will be coming out with Terran empire insignia. They are the ones supplying Anovos, so may as well buy direct. :)

Forgot to mention- usually Anovos does wind up with some extras when they finally finish run, but stock is limited, so it’s best to watch for when they go on sale and move quickly. Then again, Discovery had mixed appeal so competition might not be as bad. I know they still haven’t purged stock on JJ Abrams uniforms.

I found one on wish.com for 30 bucks. Planned to use it as a pattern for a more quality build but it ended up being pretty cool so i ordered a second one.

Attachments

• 1555639726089[1].jpg
    1555639726089[1].jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 391
  • 20190417_175449[1].jpg
    20190417_175449[1].jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 779
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back