Limited Run Star Trek (Stapleton) Mark VII Medical Tricorder Electronics Upgrade - New Photos!

Re: Star Trek (Stapleton) Mark VII Medical Tricorder Electronics Upgrade - New Run!

Thanks! I just painted my scanner krylon Dull Aluminum like the season 1 scanners.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Re: Star Trek (Stapleton) Mark VII Medical Tricorder Electronics Upgrade - New Run!

Thanks! I just painted my scanner krylon Dull Aluminum like the season 1 scanners.

That makes sense. The lighting in the photo made it look like it was unpainted.

Not really, the only things I can think of were since I already had the red and green side fake leds installed, it was a bit difficult to put in that very top board. I actually had to shave a little of the fiberglass off of the circuit board so it would push in around the back of the resin leds. The other thing wasn't as much an electronics issue but the magnet that goes inside the scanner, the. Only place I could put it that fit, without actually cutting into the resin of the scanner was near the button, so it kinda made the scanner go in flipped so it would magnetize properly.

Not really, the only things I can think of were since I already had the red and green side fake leds installed, it was a bit difficult to put in that very top board. I actually had to shave a little of the fiberglass off of the circuit board so it would push in around the back of the resin leds. The other thing wasn't as much an electronics issue but the magnet that goes inside the scanner, the. Only place I could put it that fit, without actually cutting into the resin of the scanner was near the button, so it kinda made the scanner go in flipped so it would magnetize properly.

Thanks for the feedback. I will shave the edges of the array board so it fits better with the fake LEDs. For the magnet I use a thinner one and embed it into the side of the housing. I am now sending the thinner magnet with all of my electronics. It is actually two 4x4x2mm magnets connected together along one side. The magnet was originally intended to be used for the closing ratchet reed setup, but you can use the scanner magnet here that Myron provides instead. Just a simple swap. Of course you have to putty over the magnet pair afterwards but if you do it right you will not even notice it.

I also found gluing a small piece of styrene onto one area of the scanner electronics makes the module fit into the housing better. I noticed that when you install the module and have the resin button in its spot, pushing on the button causes the entire module to move slightly. So I place the styrene piece on the opposite side from the button which fills in the gap and won't allow the scanner board to move.

So I have not received much feedback from those that already have their new electronics. Any comments?

There are still about a dozen more sets of electronics being shipped over the next week, so if you have not received yours yet, be patient. They are coming.

Here are a few more photos of my second build.

View attachment 681435View attachment 681436View attachment 681437

Currently working on my third build (having some issues with the scanner on this one). And have two more kits coming in from Stapleton in the next week. These will be the last two builds I will be doing for a while. One of these builds will be going up on eBay with a price tag of $1200. The other one will be available here to RPF members for $900 shipped.

Just got my set. They look awesome. I have not started my build, but I am eager to do so. I just hope I don't mess anything up.

Just got my set. They look awesome. I have not started my build, but I am eager to do so. I just hope I don't mess anything up.

I have built a few already. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you run into any problems.

Re: Star Trek (Stapleton) Mark VII Medical Tricorder Electronics Upgrade - New Photos

Gerry...I sent you a pm but haven't heard back from you in sometime.

Larry

Re: Star Trek (Stapleton) Mark VII Medical Tricorder Electronics Upgrade - New Photos

My kit arrived the other day, thanks for that! Will be attempting to install it today. I wish the graphics I'm having made were done so I could complete it today - but very much looking foward to fitting the lights in.

Where does the magnet go in the hand scanner after putting in the electronics?
I read Ian's reply up a few posts but I'm still not quiet understanding where to actually put it.

Last edited:

Update....

Sorry if I have not been very responsive to any emails or PM's people may have had over the last few weeks. I have been going through some serious medical issues for about 4 weeks now and I am not quite out of the woods yet. But I am picking up the pace and working on filling a few outstanding electronics orders. If you have not yet received your Mark VII Medical tricorder electronics, I apologize for the delays. Your orders are top priority right now. I had a bit of a parts shortage but I have managed to get everything I need and am able to finish the orders this week.

Because of a few medical expenses I have decided to offer the Mark VII Medical electronics again for the original price of $165US shipped for RPF Members only.

If you are interested in getting in on this second run just send your PayPal payment by clicking HERE.

Thanks! And Happy Holidays to all.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back