Star Wars Ahsoka (tv series)

So much could've been cut from this series. I think it would've worked better as a 2hr movie (and with someone else writing it). More effort needs to be put into showing characters relationships instead of telling us about them. Episode 5 remains the most interesting because of, you guessed it, Anakin.

Baylan ended up being far more intriguing than Thrawn (in this series.) I was a bit surprised he and shin didn't get much screen time in this last episode.

Speaking of...
I'm genuinely not sure if Shin igniting her lightsaber at the end was a threat or a salute. Either way dumb.

Not really on the edge of my seat for what will happen next.

Yeah it wasn't terrible but I wasn't crazy about the ending. The Star Wars social media accounts have said this is the "series finale", which would imply no season 2. That just can't be right given how they left things.

I can't imagine how Ezra could've escaped the Chimaera and frankly would think he'd be more useful at stopping Thrawn by staying undercover onboard. It seemed like Thrawn had no idea he had hitched a ride.

I guess the "undead" aspect to the night troopers has at least some merit, at least those two grey guards, whatever they were.

We still don't know what Baylan is up to which was incredibly frustrating to me. I was more interested in his plotline in many respects. Doubly frustrating knowing Ray Stevenson has passed and now they're either gonna have to deepfake or recast. Neither case is ideal.

Also, shocked there was no end credits scene at the least.

Overall, it just wasn't terribly satisfying to me.

So much could've been cut from this series. I think it would've worked better as a 2hr movie (and with someone else writing it). More effort needs to be put into showing characters relationships instead of telling us about them. Episode 5 remains the most interesting because of, you guessed it, Anakin.

Baylan ended up being far more intriguing than Thrawn (in this series.) I was a bit surprised he and shin didn't get much screen time in this last episode.

Speaking of...
I'm genuinely not sure if Shin igniting her lightsaber at the end was a threat or a salute. Either way dumb.

Not really on the edge of my seat for what will happen next.
I took that ignition to mean that she was telling the bandits that she would be leading the fight, not Baylan, since he's off on his own mission.

Yeesh.. going off your initial reactions Im guessing come two weeks from now this finale, and show, will have aged like milk…

Sounds like this was an entire 8 episodes worth of “characters” slowly waking around while monotonously explaining whats going on.
Each episode gets 5 minute’s worth of “story” stretched into a 35-50min jingly keys session that has no meaning or substance or deeper soul beyond that which *insert random audience member here* imagines to give it themselves since Filoni’s writing simply isn’t doing the core work necessary to tell a succinct and complete story.

Aka, more of what we’ve been getting with The Mandalorian, and BoBF, just with lightsabers this time… hell we even got our regular beskar ‘Everyone aim directly for the plot armor’ scenes

Making me all the more glad I just cancelled D+ :lol:
IMG_2697.jpeg

Last edited:
Was really surprised there wasn’t at least a title saying “Ahsoka will return” or something to give the general audience a heads up that there is more coming. Not everyone is up on what’s coming next.

Didn’t love it. Similar issues to the first couple episodes. Just odd pacing and many things that didn’t click for me. The shows feels both rushed and drawn out. I feel like it had so much potential and judt turned out okay after these last two episode. I think its gonna leave people with a “meh” feeling. Hoping they get a season 2 and they can tighten it up. When its good, its really good. The highs of this series were really impressive. Just need to see more consistency.

What? We're still stuck on this planet in another galaxy? One I don't care about?

Why were there gold parts on the hyperspace ring clamps? It was not made there.

I'm still having trouble "forgiving" the mere existence of Space Witches. And spells and incantations. Whatever SW is, that isn't it.

Zombies? Give me a friggin' break.

What? We're still stuck on this planet in another galaxy? One I don't care about?

Why were there gold parts on the hyperspace ring clamps? It was not made there.

I'm still having trouble "forgiving" the mere existence of Space Witches. And spells and incantations. Whatever SW is, that isn't it.

Zombies? Give me a friggin' break.
To be fair. That's been a part of Star Wars since the Ewok films.

Back