Star Wars Ahsoka (tv series)

Man at Arms.
7BB89C74-95AA-4367-8D44-E5A06C84B573.jpeg

Ram Man
8C722C9D-E263-4584-8C35-92E23222EBD0.jpeg

kind of both?

Hello everyone_ there is something of interest about the nomads in Peridea? They have strong samurai reminiscences... It's a shame there's nothing about them... apparently nowhere. Here some picts
I’ve heard some talk that the one helmet has a similar shape to the heads of the Zeffo, and the Zeffo language was visible on the temple on Peridia Like the Zeffo temple from the Jedi Survivor/Fallen Order video game. If there is a connection, who knows…?

IMG_0939.jpeg

I’ve heard some talk that the one helmet has a similar shape to the heads of the Zeffo, and the Zeffo language was visible on the temple on Peridia Like the Zeffo temple from the Jedi Survivor/Fallen Order video game. If there is a connection, who knows…?

View attachment 1747979
iirc JFO establishes a strong(ish) connection between the Dathomiri and the Zeffo. My theory is that the Zeffo were the Nightsister's "master" race (like a mix of the Kwa and Rakata in Legends) and brought them to the GFFA. Perhaps the Father, Son & Daughter were powerful force-wielding Zeffo who estranged themselves from the rest of the Zeffo and left to settle on Mortis.

Going back to the Bendu & it's prophecy against Thrawn, I think it had a double meaning & will reveal how he dies.

In the originals Thrawn trilogy, he was assassinated by his personal bodyguard. In REBELS, the Bendu said he saw Thrawn's ultimate defeat with "many arms wrapped around him in a cold embrace", & it seemed to be fulfilled when the purgill wrapped him up & jumped away. I'm thinking it'll eventually be fulfilled when some reanimated Night Troopers turn against him.
Serious question: Does it really matter in the "grand" scheme of things how it happens if they can just bring him back alive again whenever they want to? Since ROTJ death has no real significance anymore in this current Star Wars universe. Imagine if all the tragedies written by Shakespeare ended up ...well, not being tragedies at all? No one would even know who He is today if that were the case. When you start( not you personally) minimizing the finality of things within a set of stories, how do you expect people to want to continue to actually see what happens? No one cares because deep down we all know they will just re-write it at some point that he never actually died.

If you have to mentally compartmentalize this (or any of these new shows/ movies) from the other installments, then this franchise is pretty much a series of anthologies. Not really related to each other- just existing in the same universe. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but I find it laughable when they try to brand this as a cohesive saga when they're constantly breaking their own continuity.
So true...all i picture is one of those TV commercials for the "New" pizza that they've come up with...yes, it's round and has a crust but 1/4 of it has red sauce cheese and pepperoni, another 1/4 has white sauce, ham and pineapple and the rest of it has bavarian cream and crumbled Oreo cookie..."Here's something for everyone!" But i'm sorry, you can't really call the whole thing a pizza and it certainly is not cohesive if you tried to roll the whole thing up like a burrito and eat it that way...lol

I'm gonna say it, this was my favorite Star Wars series yet. It had an intriguing, almost Indiana Jones-feeling story, and it featured some of my favorite characters in the SW universe. I've seen a lot of the complaints about the show in this thread, and I got to say it...

I don't care.

I had fun with this show. Nothing felt too forced (pun extremely intended), I didn't notice any major flaws in continuity or tone, and it actually made me rethink how I feel about a lot of the SW projects we've gotten in the last 20 years. Originally, I hated Hayden's portrayal of Anakin in AOTC and ROTS, and I admit I still dislike it, but seeing his growth as an actor in episode 5 was really nice to see.

Star Wars has a both fortunate and unfortunate side effect of it's longevity. We've been given a massive library of movies, shows, books, games, comics, etc. to enjoy, but it is now impossible to please any large majority of the fanbase, simply because of how diverse and unique the stories have become. Anytime one of these new shows comes out, it seems like whatever people had a problem with in the previous show is now what they want to see in the new show and vice versa. Everyone loves to say how "Disney ruined Star Wars" cause it's easy to blame a single boogeyman for everyone's problems, but the truth is that Star Wars is in a better place than it has been for a while. If anything, the fandom ruined Star Wars. Death threats against actors, toxic behavior towards other fans, etc., and I'm not saying this is a new problem, but it definitely feels more prevalent now.

Serious question: Does it really matter in the "grand" scheme of things how it happens if they can just bring him back alive again whenever they want to? Since ROTJ death has no real significance anymore in this current Star Wars universe. Imagine if all the tragedies written by Shakespeare ended up ...well, not being tragedies at all? No one would even know who He is today if that were the case. When you start( not you personally) minimizing the finality of things within a set of stories, how do you expect people to want to continue to actually see what happens? No one cares because deep down we all know they will just re-write it at some point that he never actually died.
Well, I care & I want to continue. Several others do as well, & we're all part of the audience.

I think it also has to do with which Generation the fans are in.

I was eight years old when Star Wars hit the drive-in theater. I’ve been a fan my entire life. But I’m also of a generation that sticks with things, through the good times, and especially through the bad times, hoping that they will return to good times. I am personally in a job that I can’t stand, but I have a narrow specialty, there are a few actual positions as to what I do in the city, and I am paid very well, so I go to work every day and give it 120%.

The younger generation doesn’t have that same principle. They get hired on to a job the first week of October, they put in a three week request for time off the second week of October, and when they told they can’t have it, they quit and move on.

It’s like my generation being involved in a shipwreck. I am on the life boat refusing to go to shore just in case there are still a few people treading water.

The younger generation climbs in the boat, and complains about having to row themselves to the shoreline, and not worrying about if anybody else is in the boat.

so yes, I am a bit more loyal to the brand of Star Wars, than the younger, disposable generation, who only cares about the next five minutes of adventure and excitement in their life, and has no interest in looking to the actual quality of the product, because they’ll be done with it as soon as the end credits roll anyway.

I was eight years old when Star Wars hit the drive-in theater. I’ve been a fan my entire life. But I’m also of a generation that sticks with things, through the good times, and especially through the bad times, hoping that they will return to good times. I am personally in a job that I can’t stand, but I have a narrow specialty, there are a few actual positions as to what I do in the city, and I am paid very well, so I go to work every day and give it 120%.

The younger generation doesn’t have that same principle. They get hired on to a job the first week of October, they put in a three week request for time off the second week of October, and when they told they can’t have it, they quit and move on.

It’s like my generation being involved in a shipwreck. I am on the life boat refusing to go to shore just in case there are still a few people treading water.

The younger generation climbs in the boat, and complains about having to row themselves to the shoreline, and not worrying about if anybody else is in the boat.

so yes, I am a bit more loyal to the brand of Star Wars, than the younger, disposable generation, who only cares about the next five minutes of adventure and excitement in their life, and has no interest in looking to the actual quality of the product, because they’ll be done with it as soon as the end credits roll anyway.
Just remember this old classic quote...

"Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times"

Well, I care & I want to continue. Several others do as well, & we're all part of the audience.
I said , " not you personally "..perhaps I should have stated my question in a different way. Maybe I should have stated, " As a writer and a producer, how can you expect your audience as a whole(all fandom) to invest into a show/movie/book when you've already provided a forgone conclusion that a tragedy that happens really isn't a tragedy...that the death never really happened, or the sacrifice made was literally for nothing?" The question is serious even though it may sound rhetorical. There is absolutely no need to take anything I say personally. We are all the audience and we all care about the content of Star Wars or we wouldn't be talking about it, thus the question.

because they’ll be done with it as soon as the end credits roll anyway.
One of the things that bother me these days. Once one show is done, boom, we're on to the next show. With rumors, ads, and online talk. The last show is kind of history. New shows come out at an exhausting and dizzying pace.

I remember when Episode III came out. The build-up to that movie, the hype, was insane. And even after the film came out. It lasted. Books, toys, and games continued to ride the Episode III wave for several years afterward.

One of the things that bother me these days. Once one show is done, boom, we're on to the next show. With rumors, ads, and online talk. The last show is kind of history. New shows come out at an exhausting and dizzying pace.

I remember when Episode III came out. The build-up to that movie, the hype, was insane. And even after the film came out. It lasted. Books, toys, and games continued to ride the Episode III wave for several years afterward.
I'd say it's because you're looking at different forms of storytelling, whereas you can expect a movie to tell a pretty complete story, I personally feel that these shows are more chapters in a overall story.

That's why I put very, VERY little stock in the critical opinion of someone that didn't care to see any of the animated stuff, but then wants to declare from on high what makes sense & what doesn't.

It's the same moronic idea of picking up a ten chapter book, opening it to chapter six, reading that & being as lost as a ******* on Father's Day, & then stating for all us that are engaged that the ENTIRE book is nonsensical & the author's a hack.

EDIT: Huh... didn't know that word was on the no-no list.

Oh well, starts with a 'B' & ends with a 'D', with 'tasra' all mixed up there in the middle.

Last edited:

Not necessarily. I was born in 1974, grew up in love with the OT (especially ESB), didn't love the PT, despised the ST (which destroyed my heroes). I also read and loved a couple dozen of the EU books. Empire Strikes Back is my #2 movie of all time.

But I also LOVED Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian (except Season 3), Solo, Rogue One, Andor. Boba Fett sucked (except for the Mando/Luke episode) and Obi-Wan was terrible. Resistance is not worth mentioning.

But I loved the Ewoks TV movies (and still do). And I really enjoyed Ahsoka, including the slow pacing. It made me feel more in-universe.

So, rather than generations per se, I'd say it has more to do with precisely how Star Wars hits us as children, and therefore what we bring to Star Wars in the form of our expectations. In my case, the solidity of the story is less important than the escapism of going to that Galaxy. So I think you can get any reaction in any generation. Which means that we who are parents have more control of influencing those kinds of things!

Hello everyone_ there is something of interest about the nomads in Peridea? They have strong samurai reminiscences... It's a shame there's nothing about them... apparently nowhere. Here some picts
I'm not sure about samurai, but if you stamp some white hands on these guys they will pass as decent uruk hai warg riders :)
1696560142581.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back