Star Wars Credits and Coinage - References and Recreation

nice find on the Luthen credits! Now we KNOW those are worth 10k each.

Does anyone have any idea what the denominations of Imperial bronze, silver, golds are? I figure Cass took 200k from Aldhani, paid the doctor 30k for his ship, 12k to Bix to cover his Ferrix debts than say another 10k to get to Niamos. Looks like he had about 30 gold, 10 silver, and 20 bronze left over.

Of course I realize prop masters and what not just wanted to make the shot look good and fill the case and weren’t keep tracking of his spending, but still. :lol:

Attachments

• 8C1B5F4B-17FC-49DC-BB4A-FB1C8498F565.jpeg
    8C1B5F4B-17FC-49DC-BB4A-FB1C8498F565.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 108
Those look a LOT like the metal Imp credit sold at the Disney park ($60?)...wonder if they just snagged a couple of those or made something custom for the show?
I assume they’re the more detailed ones they made for Luthen in episode 3 but since it’s dark I can’t tell if the credits are see through like Luthens.

It would be annoying if they were the Galaxy’s Edge credits since you can’t seem to get those for love nor money anymore!

Here is my collection. First picture is all the credits in their bags that I made the next are the collection. I did the math this morning. With all of the metal coins, decks of cards, hyper fuel canister, Damascus Beskar, camtono and everything else, I’m in to it for $2000.00. Not a typo. 2k! I’m officially done. I hope so anyway.
39EF7CEE-FD96-4C9C-AF8B-383F4C5CFF4C.jpeg

C29B0D43-BA56-443D-A338-4CC81AF410D5.jpeg
2FF98F21-E0D4-41F3-B2AE-207A035C9A0A.jpeg
1D083236-CCEE-4D26-BEE3-B6A2E6F5B634.jpeg
B39AF710-8788-454E-BC51-45E34459AD86.jpeg
DC4D3948-C642-4F02-852F-9B41058D1EA6.jpeg

The problem I've seen with the credits available from Disney and the copies online at Etsy and Ebay, is that the markings on them are invariably nonsense: for example, there's a New Republic coin that is supposedly a 500 credit coin, but the aurebesh tech numbers on them actually say 51 (a 5, then a dot, then another dot. Because they miss out the space that's supposed to be between the zeros, it turns the 00 into 1. This error is on the Disney originals, and it's made its way into all of the 3rd party copies.

There's the same problem with the 100 credit coin, which shows a value of 11 (again because they're missing the gaps between the zeros. Then there are the old Republic credit chips that just say "rowe" in aurebesh (presumably "Republic Owe': but they don't say how much they're worth. Again, the error is on the Disney originals and on all the copies.

The Disney New Republic 50 and 250 credit coins are (accidentally) correct because they don't have two zeros next to each other.

Then there are the long ingots, which make absolutely no sense. They have pseudo aurebesh tech symbols, but if you can read aurebesh tech, the numbers are gobbledegook. Again, the error is on the Disney originals and on all the copies.

The only really useful ones are the wupiupi coins available from hyperspace props on Etsy, which come in values of 4, 16 and 64 (equivalent to 2.5, 10, and 40 galactic credits), but we only know that because of the names of the coins and the values posted online. The only one of these that actually states its value on the coin is the copper 4 wupiupi coin (weirdly it's the only text written in aurebesh - it should be in Outer Rim Basic), and "wupiupi" is misspelled! And on the silver coin there's some text in Huttese Outer Rim Basic which misspells the huttese word "Lorda" (lord). Respect to Hyperspace Props for giving us these coins - admittedly they are nicer than the Disney props, but I hope they fix the spelling errors if they do another 3D print run. And it would be nice to have the values printed on all the coins.

No one - not even Disney - seems to get all their coin props 100% right, presumably because no one reads aurebesh, so they can't check to see check to see if the aurebesh or outer rim basic text makes sense. I wish I knew where these companies are getting their metal credits made - I'd do it myself (since I read aurebesh and Outer Rim Basic, I could get the text right). But I don't have a clue where to go to get them made.

By the way, if anyone is ever interested in making props that have the correct values on them, I'd be happy to help them get it right. I can read aurebesh, aurebesh tech, Outer Rim Basic, and Mandalorian.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back