Star wars finse norway 30th aniversary

Wow; how surreal that must have been! Would love to see those sights in person myself. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup

So I take it no one is a fan of the rebel troopers.
That's too bad.
The Hoth Rebel Troopers and Hoth Solo are some of my absolute favorite costumes of the original trilogy.

It's unfortunate that they're not more popular, it would be really cool to see them reproduced accurately, I've seen some reproductions, but they were very poor.
You could tell they put alot of work into them, but it just didn't work at all.
Shame. :unsure

You may have seen the Costumebase Hoth Rebel trooper, which is really bad.
The quality of the fan-made Hoth Rebel costumes in the Rebel Legion is quite good these days, though. There is a Yahoo group with some good tutorials that have helped a lot, I think.

We hiked around Finse visiting many (but not all) filming locations. Now, walking 10 miles on flat land is nothing. Walking 10 miles with snowshoes, sometimes uphill at 45 degrees, and sometimes sinking two feet (even with snowshoes!) if you stepped in the wrong place -- that is strenous!

I was the only RL member in a canon Rebel costume at the event, unfortunately ...
The day after the hike, we filmed me running away from Snowtroopers a few times. My legs were already sore from all that hiking the day before.
Then Norwegian television wanted us to do it a couple times for them to film also...
My legs are still store from all that hiking and running.

Last edited:
You may have seen the Costumebase Hoth Rebel trooper, which is really bad.
How dare you even associate the name Costumebase with Solo or the Hoth Rebels!
I'm deeply offended. :angry :lol

But seriously...The costumes I have seen were fan-made, perhaps I'm just not finding the right fans? :confused

Now that's just AWESOME!!!

Thanks for posting links to the Pics, this one is amazing!
4598995736_dd232a430b_b.jpg

I wish I was fortunate to have been there to celebrate with others!

no problemo. I have a few more still to upload that were not panoramic. It might be a few days before we get them online. This trip was incredible.

This shot just needs some photoshop to be greatness - an x-wing or something...

4598997338_e8607124b3_b.jpg

here's Kim and I in the snow :)

4598988948_b887d5702a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Those Snow Troopers look awesome. I didn't realize fan made suits were so accurate. The boots look spot on. Where do you get those?

The Norwegian Snowtroopers started as joint project and sweeden and denmark joined. All from same armor maker Dan Laws, and most fabric made in a run. The boots are original boots, Idea was to be Uniform and look like spot on, The ressult was great!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back