Star Wars First Order stormtrooper gloves— or something else?

sector9

I recently purchased a pair of “production used” gloves from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. They were sold as “First Order Stormtrooper” gloves but as I’m looking at their costume in the movie, they don’t seem to match to me. The First Order stormtrooper gloves that I can see have a single plate across the back of the hand. Does anyone recognize these gloves from any costume?

Attachments

• IMG_1037.jpeg
    IMG_1037.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1043.jpeg
    IMG_1043.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1044.jpeg
    IMG_1044.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1045.jpeg
    IMG_1045.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 134
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but those gloves are not associated with the film or production at all unfortunately, the tag is a dead giveaway on it... leading back to one seller that has been trying to pass off pieces like that as production when everything is just off the shelf things they found or made. That seller tried scamming me a few years with a bunch of pieces all bearing that tag and all very poor quality, and also some reprinted storyboards that you could literally find in HD on google.

Several of these pieces have sold on ebay. I never trusted any of them as there is no proof they were even tied to the production. You can see several on worthpoint.com, including COA's of a specific seller. Just search on "trixie" combined with "Star Wars"

Several of these pieces have sold on ebay. I never trusted any of them as there is no proof they were even tied to the production. You can see several on worthpoint.com, including COA's of a specific seller. Just search on "trixie" combined with "Star Wars"
Oh very interesting, I didn’t try searching Worthpoint before but now I see the listings. It looks like a series of gloves with a wardrobe tag very similar to this came out of Florida from a dubious seller Jack Sell/One of a Kind (one of his eBay store is jackmsell). If you research Jack, he relies heavily on Todd Mueller Autographs for a lot of his items, which is known to provide COA’s for autographed items later proven to be fake. There are also sites claiming Jack was listing fake Tiffany glassware.

The interesting thing with my gloves is that they aren’t from Jack Sell in Florida. I got mine from a dealer in Canada who states he purchased them directly from a crew member. I have the crew member’s name and he has worked on numerous Star Wars movies. I have not seen any negative reviews for this seller, although I do think he is lower volume and does this more as a side hobby.

So we have multiple dealers in different countries selling very similar gloves with similar wardrobe tags from the same movie, which makes me more inclined to think that they are legit. Although we can all agree they aren’t screen used because they don’t look like the screen used First Order Stormtrooper gloves that you can see in closeups. (Mine weren’t sold as screen used, but rather production used. The story from other listings on these gloves is that they are more flexible and would be an example of stunt used stormtrooper gloves)

Oh very interesting, I didn’t try searching Worthpoint before but now I see the listings. It looks like a series of gloves with a wardrobe tag very similar to this came out of Florida from a dubious seller Jack Sell/One of a Kind (one of his eBay store is jackmsell). If you research Jack, he relies heavily on Todd Mueller Autographs for a lot of his items, which is known to provide COA’s for autographed items later proven to be fake. There are also sites claiming Jack was listing fake Tiffany glassware.

The interesting thing with my gloves is that they aren’t from Jack Sell in Florida. I got mine from a dealer in Canada who states he purchased them directly from a crew member. I have the crew member’s name and he has worked on numerous Star Wars movies. I have not seen any negative reviews for this seller, although I do think he is lower volume and does this more as a side hobby.

So we have multiple dealers in different countries selling very similar gloves with similar wardrobe tags from the same movie, which makes me more inclined to think that they are legit. Although we can all agree they aren’t screen used because they don’t look like the screen used First Order Stormtrooper gloves that you can see in closeups. (Mine weren’t sold as screen used, but rather production used. The story from other listings on these gloves is that they are more flexible and would be an example of stunt used stormtrooper gloves)
I believe I saw them first from the UK seller. A I once saw a UK TV-show about Pound-shops (similar to the Dollar-store) and I saw a pair of these gloves hanging in one of those stores.

I believe I saw them first from the UK seller. A I once saw a UK TV-show about Pound-shops (similar to the Dollar-store) and I saw a pair of these gloves hanging in one of those stores.
I found the gloves, they’re sold as paintball or airsoft gloves.

Attachments

• IMG_1243.png
    IMG_1243.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 74

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back