Starforged crysknife

BungleMcChungle

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the quality and make of these crysknives? Or just thoughts about how they look in the pictures? They look much more bone-like than the United Cutlery crysknives, and the starforged one also has serrated teeth as well. It comes in an alloy as well as a white copper version (I’m assuming its for the little metallic part on the handle)

Interesting...

Hadn't heard anything about these. The weird, butchered grammar from translation always gives me pause, but the website seems legit (but still obviously might not be). It's also allegedly licensed by Legendary Pictures, but of course they could be lying about that as well.

As for the knife itself, they've replicated Jamis' knife, which does have fine serrations near the tip:

20210923_225758.jpg

0E4B97B3-7EE4-4CFE-81B4-239EE01BC165.jpeg

They're supposed to start shipping in a couple weeks - I might just take a chance and see what I end up with. :p

Looks like the same one being sold by Merchoid. I think it looks good. Interesting to offer the different choices of metal on the hilt. I agree it seems to be based on the Jamis knife. UC's is Stilgar even though it is advertised and sold as Paul.

Looks like the same one being sold by Merchoid. I think it looks good. Interesting to offer the different choices of metal on the hilt. I agree it seems to be based on the Jamis knife. UC's is Stilgar even though it is advertised and sold as Paul.

So same product but 2.5x more expensive? Is Merchoid a reseller of Star Forged?

Interesting...

Hadn't heard anything about these. The weird, butchered grammar from translation always gives me pause, but the website seems legit (but still obviously might not be). It's also allegedly licensed by Legendary Pictures, but of course they could be lying about that as well.

As for the knife itself, they've replicated Jamis' knife, which does have fine serrations near the tip:

View attachment 1805404

View attachment 1805406

They're supposed to start shipping in a couple weeks - I might just take a chance and see what I end up with. :p
Interestingly enough, when I went through and watched Feyd and Paul's duel, it looked like Paul had kept Jamis's Crysknife as his own. There isn't great footage yet but from what I can tell Paul's knife has the same singular-circle pattern and curved blade as Jamis'. I looked through Starforged's reviews on Amazon and they seem decent enough. For the price, I think I'll take the chance. Paypal on their website also gives some extra confidence as their claim system has not failed me yet. Cheers!

For the price, I think I'll take the chance. Paypal on their website also gives some extra confidence as their claim system has not failed me yet.
Yeah, it was reassuring to see PayPal as a payment option - I went ahead and ordered one. I went with the "alloy" version, since it was only 73 bucks. Fingers crossed...

I’m actually quite curious about the one on amazon, as they sell both a $75 version and a $160 version as well, but both are listen as white copper. I do really like the bone-y look of the actual blade compared to the UC translucent version, as that one seems much cheaper in quality with the whole knife being made of the same material. Maybe we’ve found a way to get a better version of the copper one on amazon for less than 50% the price :p
Interestingly enough, when I went through and watched Feyd and Paul's duel, it looked like Paul had kept Jamis's Crysknife as his own. There isn't great footage yet but from what I can tell Paul's knife has the same singular-circle pattern and curved blade as Jamis'. I looked through Starforged's reviews on Amazon and they seem decent enough. For the price, I think I'll take the chance. Paypal on their website also gives some extra confidence as their claim system has not failed me yet. Cheers!

They reached out to their customer support with some questions and responded quickly. I figured I'd share with this thread. Gonna pick mine up this week!
Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 11.50.07 PM.png

Yup Paul was still using Jamis' knife at the end. It matches the Starforged knife. Which makes this a must buy for me, the UC one was not Paul's.

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 11.31.51 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 11.33.40 AM.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back