Interest Steve Rogers Civil War Brown leather jacket

The pics are up and the run is starting! The jacket came out a little clearer in the pics, probably because of the white light, but it's slightly darker in person so please keep that in mind.

Danny

How much darker is it in person? Would it be difficult to distress it to look like the screen used jacket? Also, I think the collar could be a little looser because from the pics of Chris Evans it doesn't look like the collar sits very tightly on the neck, sort of like this jacket:

04-Cafe-Racer.jpg

Could just be the angle of the prototype's photo though, the jacket in the photo I linked is laid flat.

Last edited:
Hey man! Can't see the pic from here, can you send it to me via PM? the jacket would be just a tad lighter than my Han Solo jacket, it's already aged but the leather is high quality so it can definitely stand some distressing if needed.

Danny

How much darker is it in person? Would it be difficult to distress it to look like the screen used jacket? Also, I think the collar could be a little looser because from the pics of Chris Evans it doesn't look like the collar sits very tightly on the neck, sort of like this jacket:

https://effortlessgent.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/04-Cafe-Racer.jpg

Could just be the angle of the prototype's photo though, the jacket in the photo I linked is laid flat.

I've edited my post to properly show the image, the collar looks to be a little shorter and hangs lower in the front, but again it could just be because it's laying flat.

Also, how big are the arm holes? I'm a smaller guy so I'll want them to be high enough so the jacket doesn't pull/look boxy on me.

Hey man! Can't see the pic from here, can you send it to me via PM? the jacket would be just a tad lighter than my Han Solo jacket, it's already aged but the leather is high quality so it can definitely stand some distressing if needed.

Danny

I am very interested in this jacket, but the back doesn't look quite right to me on the prototype. This is a good shot of the back of Chris' jacket:
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/48...0dKZr55xfFs1uC2CCWbV1GRh6EPf/JI3b+fqi77agWQ==
(hopefully my link works..)
I don't see the seam that goes from the armpit to the buckles, making a "V" kinda in the back on the prototype like I do on the film jacket. Also, the horizontal seam above the buckles looks off to me. I think it's too high, the "belt" of the jacket looks much thinner to me in the movie jacket than the prototype. Lastly, I don't think the film jacket has those elbow details that the prototype has? Can't quite find a great shot of the film jacket in this area to conclusively say, but I don't think it has them? Now that the film is out for rental, should be some more/better views of the elbows.

Sorry to be so late to the thread, I've been interested in this jacket for a while now, but didn't find this thread until just now..

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!!

Interested. Need to see prototype =) Or, is that it on the first post?
Also, is "Back" from base of collar to bottom of jacket?

Has anyone heard from danny lately? A couple weeks ago he said my jacket would be shipping out via UPS in a week, but I haven't gotten a tracking yet and he hasn't responded to my messages this week. I'm not too worried, just seeing if anyone else has touched base with him recently since usually he's pretty quick about getting back to me!

I am very interested in this jacket, but the back doesn't look quite right to me on the prototype. This is a good shot of the back of Chris' jacket:
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/48...0dKZr55xfFs1uC2CCWbV1GRh6EPf/JI3b+fqi77agWQ==
(hopefully my link works..)
I don't see the seam that goes from the armpit to the buckles, making a "V" kinda in the back on the prototype like I do on the film jacket. Also, the horizontal seam above the buckles looks off to me. I think it's too high, the "belt" of the jacket looks much thinner to me in the movie jacket than the prototype. Lastly, I don't think the film jacket has those elbow details that the prototype has? Can't quite find a great shot of the film jacket in this area to conclusively say, but I don't think it has them? Now that the film is out for rental, should be some more/better views of the elbows.

Sorry to be so late to the thread, I've been interested in this jacket for a while now, but didn't find this thread until just now..

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!!

Let me see what I can do with the back

Interested. Need to see prototype =) Or, is that it on the first post?
Also, is "Back" from base of collar to bottom of jacket?

Yes that's correct for both!

Has anyone heard from danny lately? A couple weeks ago he said my jacket would be shipping out via UPS in a week, but I haven't gotten a tracking yet and he hasn't responded to my messages this week. I'm not too worried, just seeing if anyone else has touched base with him recently since usually he's pretty quick about getting back to me!

Hey man! Sorry the jacket got delayed, there was an issue with the leather. I'm getting married next week which is why I haven't been able to reply as fast as usual but don't worry soon we'll get back on track with my pending emails. If anyone needs their jacket for a specific date please drop me a message and I'll make sure to ship them on time for your event.

Danny

Hey man! Sorry the jacket got delayed, there was an issue with the leather. I'm getting married next week which is why I haven't been able to reply as fast as usual but don't worry soon we'll get back on track with my pending emails. If anyone needs their jacket for a specific date please drop me a message and I'll make sure to ship them on time for your event.

Danny

Hey man! No sweat, would you mind filling us in on what the leather issue was? I was hoping to wear it for NYCC at the start of October, so it'd be great if I could mine before the month is up just so there's some wiggle room for potential shipping transit delays (murphy's law and all that haha). Also, congratulations!

Hey man! No sweat, would you mind filling us in on what the leather issue was? I was hoping to wear it for NYCC at the start of October, so it'd be great if I could mine before the month is up just so there's some wiggle room for potential shipping transit delays (murphy's law and all that haha). Also, congratulations!
Thanks! The leather kept delaying since it's not a leather you can just buy, it's a custom made aged leather we'll be using for every jacket.

Danny

Thanks! The leather kept delaying since it's not a leather you can just buy, it's a custom made aged leather we'll be using for every jacket.

Danny

Gotcha, alrighty fair enough! Do you think end of September or slightly before end of September will be doable for mine then?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back