Stormtrooper pepakura - TERRA RETURNS! WITH PICS!

Just a question about weight? How much does it weigh and is it noticeably heavier than you expected? I read on a different thread that someone else's build was coming up to 800 grams which is about 1.75 lbs for you Americans out there.

Thinking of starting a Boba Fett soon and wondered at the weight of yours as it would probably be similar. Thanks

Re: Stormtrooper pepakura

Your bucket is coming along very nice. The key to a good pep build is to start with a good base and you have done well with space cowboys's model. Its refreshing to see more excellent star wars pep builds. I have plans to start a new stormtrooper helmet that's more accurate than my first. So, I have been working on a helmet that is a cross between dung0beetles version 2 helmet and space cowboys model. Hope no one minds my modifications to the model.
5999768406_60537b0d2d_z.jpg
Hello! Long ago I see your post to find references regarding helmets creating Pepakura download several of your models but I can not resize them, you help me? Greetings!

Re: Stormtrooper pepakura

Hello! Long ago I see your post to find references regarding helmets creating Pepakura download several of your models but I can not resize them, you help me? Greetings!

Hi, you need to download the free Pepakura Designer (different from the Pepakura Viewer) and open the *.PDO file with that program.
Click on the top menu:
2D Menu >> Change Scale >> Scale Factor
then you can adjust the % of the scale, or the measurement of the height/width/depth of the model (in mm)

Please note that when resize the model you may need to rearrange the pieces to fit correctly on the print-out pages (use the Select & Move" tool).

You can't "save" the revised file in Pepakura Designer unless you have the paid registered version, but you can still print it out.

Good luck!

Hi, first of all, congrats for the amazing and stunning job! It looks amazing!
Well I would like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind, since I'm starting to work on it too ^^

So, I already download the Model for Pepakura Viewer and already printed it from SpaceCowboy (btw thank you so much for uploading this, it looks great!) and I printed it in paper... I read in a thread which I don't remember its name, that said that using paper instead of cardboard was okay, that worked fine as well...
And if it's not asking to much I would like to ask you, if you could make kind of a list with the materials you used for the helmet... That's what I'm most worried about... If you could tell I would appreciate it very much :)

Totally blown away by this...

I'd like to start a Stormtrooper helmet build but I'm a complete and utter noob when it comes to the material craft involved. Are their any tutorials available that you know of which lay the construction side of things out step-by-step? Or is it simply down to pure trial and error in terms of getting the project completed properly?

Cheers.

Hi, first of all, congrats for the amazing and stunning job! It looks amazing!
Well I would like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind, since I'm starting to work on it too ^^

So, I already download the Model for Pepakura Viewer and already printed it from SpaceCowboy (btw thank you so much for uploading this, it looks great!) and I printed it in paper... I read in a thread which I don't remember its name, that said that using paper instead of cardboard was okay, that worked fine as well...
And if it's not asking to much I would like to ask you, if you could make kind of a list with the materials you used for the helmet... That's what I'm most worried about... If you could tell I would appreciate it very much :)

I would like to see that too :D

Wow!! I can't get over how detailed this is. Well done, Well Done. I have just taken this build on myself and can't wait to see the finished product. It will be my first, and hopefully will turn out close to what yours has. GREAT JOB ONCE AGAIN!!!

Re: Stormtrooper pepakura - MOLD FINISHED, CASTING 2NIGHT + PHOTO UPDATE

Awesome finished product, you may have given me a new way to break into something I can do and have room for, LOVE the watermark on the eye.. should have done a tiny version on either the inside or the bottom lip. that way you`d be able to see it long after it`s finished and its in an area that doesn`t get removed.. Awesome work.

Hello. Awesome build. Im new around here, just started to do my own bucket after seeing this and its been harder than i imagined. Been strugling a bit but i keep thinking if i get trough the paper phase i can fix the warping in the bondo stage. For now im trying to cut all the molds as best as possible and glue them with super glue. Anyone knows the diference between mountain fold and valley fold hehe?

PS: English is not my native language, thank you ;)

IMG_20131122_145921.jpgIMG_20131123_205107.jpg

Is this thred dead? I completly botched my build. Nothing fits and i dont know how to conect all the pieces with everything. going to print again. I stil dont understand the diference between valley and mountain fold and im really frustated.

Printed surface
/\ mountain. \/ valley
Backside

There are some more actual build threads than this .... (Hint: try the link below)

But don't forget to start your own thread instead of hijacking someone's.... ;)

Okay, I am a little late for this one, but wow! I have read every thread on every page, and I feel (slightly) optimistic for doing mine. Heaps of advice and now my browser is rammed with links to all the other threads, and I will read each and every one of them.
Great to see this can be done here in the UK. I find we are limited with suppliers of materials, but I am able to walk into shops here and purchase the materials straight away.
Great thread, great comments, excellent result.
:D

Hi terra1!
Congratulations for your project! A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!
Could you tell me how many quantity of Rebound 25 is needed to made the mold?
And how many Smoothcast did you use for each copy??

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back