Stranger Things - D&D Miniatures & Other Props

Not sure if anyone cares, but IWM did inherit most of RP things.

But it's useful to know of Ral Partha Europe and Ral Partha Legacy as entities, as not all items are carried by all.

Older sculpts in one or another? NO clue.

Ral Partha Europe is most likely the alternate name of RPI (I for international) which was formerly Citadel Models. Apparently, Citadel gave up on manufacturing their own miniatures.

The main fantasy miniature brands of the day, in case anyone cares, were: Ral Partha, Grenadier, Citadel, Prince August and Minifigs.

There were many manufacturers then but these were the most prevalent.

Sharing my newest prop replica. Nancy Wheeler's Trapper Keeper, complete with all the retro stickers. It's featured several times throughout Seasons 1 and 2, and of course makes a subtle cameo in Season 4, Episode 7.

240523 UW Stranger Things Props_05795_Edit_RPF.jpg

240523 UW Stranger Things Props_05796_Edit_RPF.jpg
240523 UW Stranger Things Props_05798_Edit_RPF.jpg

240523 UW Stranger Things Props_05800_Edit_RPF.jpg
240523 UW Stranger Things Props_05801_Edit_RPF.jpg

240523 UW Stranger Things Props_05803_Edit_RPF.jpg

It turns out, all of the stickers are actually scanned and reprinted. I assume that prop master Lynda Reiss did this to more easily accommodate multiples and allow the stickers to be used by many of the extras in the background (you can see the heart on an extra’s lunch box in one scene, for example). This is confirmed by a few things. For example, the prismatic rainbow heart and rainbow cloud stickers don’t actually shine and change with the lighting throughout the scenes, instead they remain static with scanning artifacts of the prism effect. The kitten sticker too, has a frame around it on Nancy’s binder, but in reality the sticker peels out from within that frame and wouldn’t have a frame if it was the actual vintage sticker. In this case, all the stickers were reprinted at their original sizes.

The Trapper Keeper itself is around on eBay, Mercari, Poshmark, etc for a range of prices. The stickers, however… are typically pretty rare to come by. It took me a long time, lots of research, and lots of patience to track down all of the original stickers so I could scan them in at high resolutions and do the reprints for maximum screen-accuracy.

As a bonus, I also did up the inside with Trapper Keeper Portfolios and Pee-Chee Folder (with more stickers!):
240523 UW Stranger Things Props_05806_Edit_RPF.jpg
240523 UW Stranger Things Props_05808_Edit_RPF.jpg

240523 UW Stranger Things Props_05802_Edit_RPF.jpg
240523 UW Stranger Things Props_05805_Edit_RPF.jpg

Some reference screenshots:
ST101-1.jpg
ST101-2.jpg

ST101-3.jpg
ST102.jpg

ST103-1.jpg
ST103-2.jpg

Time to share one of my favorite replicas that I've been looking forward to finishing.
The D&D Game Board from Season 1!

image0.jpg

image1.jpg
image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg
image5.jpg

Some reference shots:
ST105-board3.jpg

ST102_board2.jpg

board1.jpg

I ID'd the printed pieces from the Dungeon Design Kit included in some issues of Dragon Magazine:
DungeonDesignKit-03.jpg
DungeonDesignKit-04.jpg

And after searching and searching for the accurate game board, I realized that someone had mentioned here in this very thread!
You are right! It's the board from the game "Dungeon!" the kids have.
If I add some contrast to one of our reference shots you can even make out the original board artwork underneath:
ST102_lvld.jpg
blogdungeonboard.jpg

This has been a very fun project to finally assemble!

Last edited:
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back