Studio Scale AT AT With Full Animation Armature

Now for future automation…don’t some medicine bottle caps lift and lower the lid a bit?

If so…applying that to any further gears might capture the jerky stop motion artifacts…you don’t want it to be smooth…

Heh! Yeah maybe so. I'm actually "only" trying to capture the design intent of the original builders so this model will be purely a stop motion armature with detailed body.

Automation would sure be fun though!

There's only a few YouTube videos featuring a small scale AT-AT fully automated. I think it's from a South American country :unsure:
Would be really really awesome if done well.
I once did a servo driven AT-ST that could walk under its own power. Wish I could show vids of it motating. Was for a client. Sorry for the tease!
I'd love to do this project again but with out any production or marketing constraints.

Got almost all the aluminum in. Every block of aluminum has an AT-AT part inside it and it is the task of the builder to discover it! ;) I just need to remove a little to discover the legs. Hope to machine the first leg part(s) this weekend.

fr_3094_size1024.jpg

Thanks flimzy! I've been following your Orca build. That is some seriously inspiring work you're doing. I wish I had even a tenth of your modeling skills.

"I'm not a machinist" he said:lol:o_Oo_O You could've fooled me Big C!! I 'ain't falling for that one:p:p
Heh! I've done a LOT of CNCing and manual machining with plastic (ABS, Delrin, Polycarb) doing toy prototype work. Almost nothing in metal. With plastic, I can hit the start button on the CNC mill and walk away and do other stuff. With aluminum, I have my hand hovering over the emergency stop button a lot lol. I'm hoping I'll get to the point where I can relax and just listen to the mill in the background like I do with plastic. Maybe when all the AT AT leg parts are done I'll know enough to deserve the title of machinist :)

Now fixed!
Awesome. Looking really good so far.
And now that I think about it, even though this was made entirely for stop-motion, I suppose when everything is all put together correctly, you could move a leg in real time amd all the parts should move, but guessing only one leg at a time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back