Suggestion Sub-forum for film-makers

DaddyfromNaboo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

in the aftermath of an interesting thread on how to really generate interest for a crowd funded fan movie project a not so unknown member who´s name abbreviates to "MM" suggested that I take my own suggestion for a fan film forum and make it an official suggestion.

This here http://www.therpf.com/f11/blade-runner-sushi-bar-slice-life-making-206196/ is such a damn fine example on how to create a movie, it´s mindblowing how good the fx tests already look, with quite some "simple" (try this at home kids, but you´ll still need some talent) setups.

THere are time and time again questions on the making of fan films, and its usually the same crowd of people who chime in and post good advice. To collect this advice we should either have a subforum dedicated to film making, or at least tags for film making.
I plead for the sub forum because we are the RPF, which would not be around without Art. The Art of the moving imagery, that is. So, I think that a subforum dedicated to the making of this Art would very nicely compliment all the other forums.
A subforum to compliment Art may be in order since the "Russian Attack", but another day, another sub-forum.

No. Lol. Seriously, I like this idea for a film making section. Props are a big part of filming and it's an area several people have shown an interest in. Pus I like the idea of a section where I can nerd out fully. ;)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Hey,
DaddyfromNaboo, thank you for using my project as an example! :D

Yes, I also think it would be useful to have a sub forum for film projects. Do you guys know how many are there?
I must admit I don't know of any ongoing projects of this type..

I have on ongoing project (a Star Trek webseries) but I also do non-fan-film films as well so the number of projects at any time is likely going to vary quite a bit. It sounds like a great place to tie together several aspects that are currently scattered, from filmmaking in general to SPFX makeup for film to making your props camera ready and all things in between. I wonder if MattMunson is going to chime in.

You have no idea. Lol. The least nerdy thing about me is that my derby # is D20.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

I know that I'm a new guy with minimal weight in the ring, but I would love a filmmakers area; as stated previously, props are a large part of certain films. I do independent films during the weekends; and they're usually decent but talking about props specifically for movies could really open up our level of creativity vs. replica props..

I don't know if the site needs yet another sub-forum, but if there is enough interest it would be cool. Fan films threads currently get posted in the entertainment section, and it doesn't seem to be overflowing with them. ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back