Suggestion Suggestion for New Section - Prop Fan Fic.. Whaaaa?

apvandergriff

Hey all,

While my experience with Fan Fiction has been pretty much knowing its my 26-year-old sister's secret passion, I was curious if this could be separate section to the site the way "Replica" or "Paper" props are. I'm considering writing out full versions of Prop replica books we only see several pages of at a time on screen, if at all.

For example, I would like to write a full version of "The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore", and would rather not post this in a Fan Fic forum, but here on the RPF. As such, I honestly think adding a section of Fan Fiction exclusively based either around actualizing a prop, or speculatively about props could be a great addition to the site and really broaden the fandom/interest/community.... Of course, that might not be a notion some members are comfortable with... Please share your thoughts.... I'm really just putting this out in the void to see what people think.

We are a prop forum. There's a section for anything and everything prop related; too many already in my opinion, but that's the way it is.

I really don't see the difference between writing fan fiction and having yet another forum dedicated to something like landscaping. I mean, what's it got to do with props I've seen on film or television? Sooner or later, a line has to be drawn as to what we are about. The forum can't possibly be all things to all people. One could argue comics have inspired all the new films, yet we have no comic sub forum. Nor should we... there are forums for that.

Again. We are a prop forum. We make things here. We discuss how things are made here...other than that, there's already a good bit of noise.

Should you decide to draw up some plans for pr0ps, etc. I'm certain they'd be greatly appreciated on the main forum. I'd like to see them, too and encourage you to share.

I see no reason at all to carve a new forum for every individual who sprouts up with a sub-interest, where we have to close one eye and squint with the other to make it seem even slightly related to our general interest, here.

Good luck just the same!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back