Interest Supernatural Demon Killing Dagger / Ruby's Dagger - updated design

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been tinkering with this for a bit with a friend, and since I have a 3d printer now, I've reworked the design for the guard to be a lot closer to the show's version.

It's not a massive upgrade or anything, but it's something that's been pestering me since I started making these and we have almost got it looking dead on.

I was just wondering if anyone wanted one. I plan on doing a small run of em, but I'm looking to just gauge interest at the moment. No money needs to chance hands for at least a couple weeks, maybe a month or two. If need be, I might be able to take deposits if I don't end up having to pay in full up front.

Anyway, with what we've done so far and how it seems to be going labor wise, the knives are probably going to be in the 130-150$ area. I may not include the sheathes on this, because honestly I've gotten emails from people that never read the details of DON'T STORE IT IN THE SHEATH and then they need help cleaning the blade off (which, spoiler alert, you can't. The steel is chemically etched.) but if that's a big thing for you where you GOTTA HAVE IT then I can include em. It won't affect the pricing either way. That's the usual rpf pricing, and outside of the rpf it'll be more since I'd like to actually make a little money on the project :lol

SO... as anyone with a TV or internet knows, I am in the middle of a crapzone flooded area where God has decided to do a practice run of Flood 2.0. This won't affect anything since a: the knives are not made here in La, and b: by the time they are ready to be delivered to me, hopefully the majority of the flood mess will be over with. The only thing it might affect is my reply speed since basically the internet is a bit flaky since well, we got 22" of rain in a day.

So, details of the project :
Stainless steel blade (carbon steel might be an option but considering the rusting possibility I'm a little more comfortable with stainless)
Stag antler horn handle (PLEASE note, this is real stag horn. That means each piece is different because that's how it grows. I don't want to offer plastic hilts. This means it's literally impossible to have 2 knives look identical. Nature doesn't do exact copies.)
Stainless steel guard (new design)
Possibly a sheath
Sharp/Not Sharp - Haven't decided yet. Part of me wants to go uber sharp, the other part of me wants to have the best possible safety for my friends. Dunno yet.

POSSIBLE OPTIONS THAT MIGHT BE OFFERED -
Titanium vapor (i.e. mall ninja rainbow blade)
Gold plating
Silver plating
Chrome plating
No idea on price, but it's options his plater offers him, so it's options he offers me. I kinda wanna get a rainbow blade one just for tackiness.

So, to repeat myself a bit, no money is needed at the moment. No money will be needed for at least a week minimum, month or two on the outset. This is probably going to be my last design change on this piece, because the knife maker is not really looking to make this piece much more. He's moving on to other stuff in his artwork.

I'll be updating the thread with pics when we get the guard finished up and a prototype done. Everything is sort of in the middle of getting worked on in the moment but I had internet for a bit, so I thought I'd go ahead and post this :)

So, who's up for some demon poking goodness?
Chris

I'd be interested in one if it was sharp and in carbon steel. I've never had a problem with rust on carbon steel, maybe just my location, just keep a light coat of oil on it. If it's an ancient Kurdish weapon it wouldn't be stainless, and a knife should be sharp even if it's just going to sit mostly in a display case, at least that's my thinking. With other big project run payments coming due it would be one month before I could make payment though (mid-September).

I'd be interested :) been looking to add a demon blade to my collection, would prefer non-sharp since I'm accident prone but I'm fine if it's sharp too; I'll just be really really careful...

I can request that one not be made sharp, just "faux sharp" so it has a fake edge look but is actually dull.

Also, damascus is an option! I'd have to check and see what sort of price it'd be though. Might be a bit more expensive but I can't imagine by much.

Chris

Cool - think this knife would look great with a rough carbon or damascus steel blade. Would love to see some samples of the metals available. Since it's already getting etched, an over etche damascus would give a great texture to the blade.

landscapedamascus1.jpg

This is from way back in the first version :

XCspD.jpg

It looks pretty cool. I remember the guard had some etching in it as well. Came out looking pretty awesome :)

Chris

I am interested as well. I did hear you in that video when you were talking about sheath rust and nobody had ever said anything about that to me before. It explains a few things. ;) Needless to say I am making some changes on my end. Honestly, since I won't be using the knife and it is just a display piece then it does't really matter to me if it is stainless or carbon steel. Although, stainless steel would probably be better since it would make for easier upkeep even if I am not keeping it in a sheath. I would love to have the sheath as well though. Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing the details on this getting hammered out and please do add me to the list. Thank you.

I've ok'd the new guard and gotten the order placed. Just about to lob up some on ebay or etsy to see about making some cash, but I'll have some for here as well. Opted for stainless, and sharp.

If someone DOES want a damascus or a high carbon steel/tool steel blade, lemme know asap. It's about a 15$ difference in material (apparently the stainless is cheaper, and easier to work with?).

Shouldn't be hard to add one or two to the order if we get it done right at the beginning.

Price should be about 145$ for the regular stainless version. Shipping is due when they come in, and these ~should~ be in and ready to go before Christmas.

Thanks!
Chris

Hey

Just bumping the thread. Got the knives in, and they are looking great. I'll snap a pic or two later tonight or tomorrow. If someone wants one, I've got some to spare.

Thanks!
Chris

Still interested. Let us know how you want to proceed with pictures and payment. Will we get to see a group picture of the ones you are selling so we can pick which one we want? I know you said that the handles are slightly different on all of them. Looking forward to it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back