T1 and T2 Endoskeleton Research Thread

Ah, so it was a violent disassemble. Got it.

I was never a fan of how sanded down this licensed piece was. Though... it could be the source... as I see the same weird sanding choices on other licensed castings. They simply try to sand the eye sockets more open on one side, so they seem more symmetrical. And I do not like that.

I borrowed it from a friend who had already disassembled it.
I do not know how it was disassembled.
But the cross section is broken.
These damages are even visible in the photo. One of the hinge supports is broken off and remains in the jaw.

What are you planning to do with it? Do you want to scan it to use for your project, to make it even more accurate and better?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-25 192736.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-25 192736.png
    832.3 KB · Views: 17
Meanwhile, alongside my job and other projects, I continue to test various methods of coating models. This time, I made homemade conductive varnish (simply added copper powder to the varnish) and tried to deposit copper onto it using electroplating. However, since all the chemicals I ordered are still in transit, I tried the simplest electrolyte (copper sulfate, water, and sulfuric acid). Because the varnish turned out not very conductive, and its resistance (multimeter probes placed on the painted surface 10mm apart from each other) is in the hundreds of megaohms instead of the required 1-5 kilohms, the surface reluctantly grew copper. Also, due to the overly simple electrolyte, the surface quality turned out to be terrible (in the photo, the copper has already been sanded and polished, but initially, it was very dull because the electrolyte lacks brighteners). Nevertheless, the experiment is still interesting; it's amusing to observe copper depositing on plastic.

Attachments

• photo_2024-04-25_17-42-53.jpg
    photo_2024-04-25_17-42-53.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 27
  • photo_2024-04-25_17-43-22.jpg
    photo_2024-04-25_17-43-22.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 27
  • photo_2024-04-25_16-53-21.jpg
    photo_2024-04-25_16-53-21.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 26
I just want to be able to remove the paint, re-paint it and re-mount it. It's quite hard getting into some areas while it is mounted. Though... being what it is... I guess it won't really matter if some areas aren't cleaned before painting.

Though, I'll probably snap off the jaw pistons and print out my own modeled ones after measurements from gizmo's casting. The ones that are on there now are LFS style with the thin rod going down to the jaw being bent, which looks weird.

Cool experiment. There is a youtuber who has loads of DIY chrome and gold plating plastic piece videos up. I can link him here if I find him again.

Comparison photo of M1 and HCG (Hollywood Collectors Gallery).
You can see how the M1 has shrunk and become smaller.
I am going to sputter paint the dots for photogrammetry after this.View attachment 1814055View attachment 1814056View attachment 1814057View attachment 1814058View attachment 1814059View attachment 1814060View attachment 1814061View attachment 1814062View attachment 1814063View attachment 1814064
It would be good if the lower jaw and upper jaw matched, but they do not, because different individuals were sent to me.
So we will match them later on the 3D data.
IMG_6840.JPG
IMG_6841.JPG
IMG_6842.JPG
IMG_6843.JPG
IMG_6844.JPG
IMG_6845.JPG
IMG_6846.JPG
IMG_6847.JPG
IMG_6848.JPG
IMG_6851.JPG

Last edited:
Damn those upper teeth on the HCG looks horrible. I never understood why the licensed skulls kept using the LFS teeth and not got new castings to work with. BeagleBill and myself are trying to rework my scan of the LFS upper teeth to make them look more accurate and more like actual teeth and not have those wide gaps between each tooth. Could be an idea to swap out the upper teeth on that HCG while it's still taken apart if we get this done quickly.

Or, if you could get the teeth from the M1 and put them in the HCG photogrammetry after slimmer the rear side of the front teeth, then you would have more accurate looking teeth.

The lower teeth doesn't seem to need a fix - except on the Sideshow pieces, but all they really need on that is to be sat lower in the jaw. But then the teeth won't line up due to how they've angled the jaw to the face. They thankfully fixed the teeth on the T-700 offering.

Very nice photogrammetry going on there.

I reduced the number of photos in photogrammetry and tested it in medium mode.
Since there seems to be no problem, I'm going to increase the number of photos and do the calculation in high quality mode.
It will probably take more than half a day.View attachment 1814301
Try scanning with RealityCapture after Metashape. It would be interesting to compare the surface quality. RC is also faster!

Last edited:
Since these were fixed on the scans of the insert teeth, they should fit right into the LFS skull. There may be some sanding required on the thin insert strip and the tops of the teeth to get them to fit perfectly into the skull... but other than that they should be good to go. They may also require a slight heat treatment to fit properly... as this may only fit perfectly with some LFS skulls, but that should be easy to do.

3D-Scan-LFS-TMG-Fix-Teeth-001.jpg

Did an attempt to fix the LFS teeth, using the DeltaDesignRus M1 photogrammetry scan teeth as reference. Unsure whether I did a good job.

View attachment 1814327
It's gotten better. But still, the large incisors seem a bit off to me. They really messed up the incisors on the left skull. It seems they were looking at screenshots from T1, or other photos, and mistook the dark paint on the teeth for shadows, so they shaved off the teeth in those areas, making the teeth triangular, which is incorrect. I remember back in '17 or '18, I started detailing the teeth based on photos of real teeth, but back then I lacked sculpting experience, so I gave up.

Attachments

• Teeth.jpg
    Teeth.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • EHZ-b9WU4AECmyh.jpg
    EHZ-b9WU4AECmyh.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 20

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back