T1000 - Gathering Info - Cop Walkie Talkie/Radio

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Yeah... in a bit of a Terminator craze... well... who isn't these days... working on a few 1:6 kits, but could use some additional reference and info on some parts, especially concerning the T1000.

Anybody got any pictures of the stuff he wears on the belt from the beginning of the movie up until he switches to the motorbike outfit?

I'm pretty certain it stays consistent during that time, with the gun & holster, handcuff pouch on the back and clip pouch to the right and then a radio, but am not completely sure. I'm missing good reference on especially the radio he has and it doesn't match the BBI LAPD set available and what comes with the Sideshow T1000 figure - also heard the number on the badge is wrong on that one.

Also, if anyone got any good reference on the front and back of the pants and shirt that would be lovely.

Hey, great minds think alike!

I am working on a similar project, which requires the same information :)

Sweet. Would love to hear more about your project.

NDVD_112.jpg
NDVD_114.jpg
NDVD_115.jpg
NDVD_116.jpg
NDVD_118.jpg

Last edited:
Just a question of where to get a sixth scale LAPD badge with the custom number of 572 on it as well as the nametag with Austin - as my writing/scribing in that small scale is just too wobbly to look good.

Anyone got good ref of his shoes?

Bummer. Checking out LAPD uniforms I've found that I'm off on a few details, though they should be easily corrected. One detail on the front chest pockets doesn't appear to be on the T1000 uniform, so I don't think I'll include that. I'll have to check the movie more thoroughly. However, the pants pockets should be moved from the somewhat horizontal frontal position to the vertical side position at the seam line.

Interesting.

So absolutely no one has this movie on Blue-Ray who could snap a few captures. I kinda find that hard to believe.

Hell, someone could snap a cap of the brooch on the cravat of Gary Oldman's London suit outfit, for crying out loud.

I still haven't found a match for the radio he's carrying. All I've been able to find are modern day police radios and they don't look anything like this squared "brick" design, but look much more curved and modern - slick. What's come closest is a military radio, but it doesn't look exactly right.

I can't identify, but I wanted to let you know I have hand written notes from a binder that belonged to the costume department. It lists items, and how many items they needed, and which box they were stored in. The notes for the T-1000 costume does not state sets of cuffs used, or radios used, etc. It only states they had 4 belts in the costume department. It does not mention anywhere about accessories. however I imagine they must have had 4x identical belts with 4 radios. Not what you are looking for, but I at least wanted to give some info that I have checked a genuine costume dept binder.

... it does look quite like its something from the Motorola MX320-360 series, although in your screen grabs in the first post appear to show 4 stripes across the speaker grill, and the MX300 only has 3. Perhaps it wasn't a real radio, and a production made similarity?

The antenna is on the opposite side, which is something to look out for in researching these radios.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back