Take a look: Hoth Rebel Trooper Pistol analysis.

The whole top piece and barrel look photoshopped to me. Even the barrel nut doesn't look right and the color/sharpness doesn't match. IMO
icon_smoking.gif

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
E.D.C. Studios wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
I have partial molds off of my AR-7, I can easily finish them up and offer castings if anyone wants them. I was going to finish them up anyway for the Ponda gun.
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>
I'd be interested in casts of the relevant section. It would be great to have a clean replica of this.
icon_smile.gif

Is there any chance that the greeblies were on the original Ponda boba gun.

The side shot pic is a pre-production photo and the scope was turned around before shooting.

Wasn't most of the V8 bashing done in ESB?

Does anyone have a cleaner screen shot with less shadow than the one on POSW?
http://www.partsofsw.com/pondagun.htm

I could swear that I've seen a a set picture wear he's hold ing that gun with his suction cup hand.

Of course I could be wrong.

Nick

The greeblies weren't on the Ponda Baba gun.
The likely V8 kit they used was the 1977 reissue by Revell and it was the ESB Property Department head that decided to use the kit. Besides all that every detail on it is an ESB piece.

That's the best LFL movie photo I can think of. It's the same shot I used for the first Set Piece article in the Insider. There were only two shots to pick from of the confrontation. The other photo has Evazan blocking Baba's arm (back view of both of them). There could be some other odd B&W photo out there.

On the Fett gun piece: I want to revise my drawings of the part now that I have these shots to check my scaling. Once I do that I'll post my drawings/measurements and assorted photos of the piece. It shouldn't be hard to find, I spotted a fairly close match already. It's smaller and more detailed than previously thought. I'll post a therad within a couple days.

BAlinger15 wrote:
Well, this pic is worse than I remembered it being. Though it does show the holster setup:

EDIT Huge-ass pic rem'd

Hey, gigantor, how about downsizing that pic?

Hi guys,

Boba Debt asked me to post this...I will work on finding the name of the mortar...so far all I have is British 2" mortar shell

ViewImage.dll

ViewImage.dll

ViewImage.dll

I have located one and will be purchasing it shortly...it may very well fall into some silicon

Those are useful pics. Casts would be great...but so would dimensions, as that looks like quite a good piece to scratchbuild and/or work up some templates from.
icon_smile.gif

I have several photos and diagrams I've saved of these things overs the years, but I don't think I've ever run across a name. They'd have been produced under a British military contract so there's probably a few makers.
They had mortars for all types of purposes and several used the same fin assembly.

I've got all sorts of stuff on identifying markings, but I don't think that helps.

The reason I don't believe it was the pistol version is mainly because why glue a Sterling grip on it if it already had a wood pistol grip. Regardless though, pistol or rifle, they look identical.
icon_smoking.gif

i had both the pistol and rifle. the rifle had a removable grip like the m16.... the pistol had a loop grip frame like a luger cast into the receiver and side grips attached.
john
icon_smoking.gif

TK818 wrote:
Image courtesy of Mike Moore.
Well done!
icon_smile.gif

Here is an additional interesting photo (a production shot, rather than movie still) that nicely shows (most of) the holstered blaster.

[attachmentid=1584]

Can we get some of these pictures up again? I have a resin AR-7 on my workbench now and can't figure out how to affix the sterling grip without just gluing the shoulders to the gun, there's no material behind the trigger guard!

Can we get some of these pictures up again? I have a resin AR-7 on my workbench now and can't figure out how to affix the sterling grip without just gluing the shoulders to the gun, there's no material behind the trigger guard!
Get some aves and mold a plug at the end of the AR7, this gives the L2A3 grip something to attach to. Then use a long screw to fix the grip to the gun

Get some aves and mold a plug at the end of the AR7, this gives the L2A3 grip something to attach to. Then use a long screw to fix the grip to the gun

Thanks Markus, that idea occurred to me this morning too. atm I'm out of putty, so if another solution doesn't present itself I may do this!
Also, nice casting! This resin feels like dense plastic, I've had other things that were more chalky

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back