TDK Joker props (merged)

@ pappy1182 : I think they can, just drop'em a line and see how much they will charge you.

@ Brigandia36 : The bottom of the blade is serrated, which is not accurate. Kudos to them for mentionning it in the item description.
It's pretty close though, and for 10 bucks you can't go wrong.
But you can still find great deals on the real knife, so if I were in your shoes i'd pass on this one and try to find the correct model. Which I did, and i'm glad I didn't settle for less :thumbsup

Alright so I managed to get my TDK dvd out of the broken dvd player, and I put it in my comp to get reference shots of the magic trick pencil :

The pencil is raw wood/tan. It doesn't appear particularly damaged, but it is dirty in some places.

The eraser holder is standard and the eraser tip is white, not pink. It looks quite round and must have been used several times.

So I guess we're after a used wood pencil with white eraser and chrome eraser holder.

That's a start ! :thumbsup

Last edited:
I always thought that part with the pencil was hilarious. By the way, I have the movie in Hi-def on my computer, if you need some specific screenshots since it's easy for me to get them.

I always thought that part with the pencil was hilarious. By the way, I have the movie in Hi-def on my computer, if you need some specific screenshots since it's easy for me to get them.
Let's get a Hi-Def look at the pencil, you don't need to post entire screen grabs, just full sized shots of the pencil.

Back to the Cupid switchblade. At several sites I've seen it mentioned that the mechanism is very weak and the blade will only lock when deployed pointing down. Has this been other people's experience? If so, anyone out there know how to switch out the spring? I've disassembled a number of switchblades over the years, but only for cleaning/curiosity, never to mod.

I'd rather buy the inaccurate serrated one (the Arrow?), say "it's similar to the Joker's knife," and have a quality knife I can carry!

The one I have works fine and the blade actually springs out very fast and powerfully, no matter the way it's pointing.
I use it as a display piece though, so i've only opened it a couple of times. But it doesn't feel particularly cheap.

Last edited:
Talking about Joker handcuffs...

Anyone knows what brand/model was actually used in the movie ?

High def screen cap maybe?

Looks a lot like modern S&W cuffs...

Last edited:
Back to the Cupid switchblade. At several sites I've seen it mentioned that the mechanism is very weak and the blade will only lock when deployed pointing down. Has this been other people's experience? If so, anyone out there know how to switch out the spring? I've disassembled a number of switchblades over the years, but only for cleaning/curiosity, never to mod.

I'd rather buy the inaccurate serrated one (the Arrow?), say "it's similar to the Joker's knife," and have a quality knife I can carry!

Old post I know but, I do have an answer. Both of my accurate ones are rather energetic, sometimes they don't lock all the way when you open them pointing straight up. They lock just fine from just about any other angle though. They are very easy to modify, you just unscrew the plug in the bottom and the spring will fall right out. You could put a more powerful one in in no time. The blade is pretty sharp for a stainless knife. The only downfall to it, is the button/locking mechanism. It's made out of brass and I've already torn up part of one. As long as you don't go stabbing crap a whole lot like I did (no people... yet:lol) then it should be fine. It's decent for cutting, about as sharp as most cheapo small folding pocket knives. Not anywhere near a Smith and Wesson or a Ka-Bar or Microtech though but, what can you expect from something so cheap?

Just a little observation I noticed while watching the other day. In the scene where Joker crashes the fundraising party for Dent, it seems the belt clip has been removed from his knife. I started to wonder if it was like this in the whole film, but in the other scenes of this knife it looks like the clip was on.

Got a few Joker prop questions.

1. On the Smith & Wesson 19 Joker picks up and then holds to Rachel, what color are the grips? Black or brown? Also is it a 2.5 or 3 inch barrel?

2. I recently received a HFC Glock. Where can I get a silencer and extended magazine for it?

3. This question is about the potato peeler taken out of Joker's pocket and laid next to his knives. I think it's a brown wooden handle with a chrome/silver blade. Correct?

4. Who makes the most accurate/complete set of Joker TDK cards? What are they printed on?

5. Joker related, but the 89 Joker. I'm making my "lucky deck" and need repros of the Joker card, preferably printed on real playing card stock. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3. Here's a picture of the potato peeler :

4. The best Joker cards (TDK) aside from the ones from the viral campaign are included in the Deluxe Joker Poker Set released by DC direct. You have two decks : A regular one defaced by the joker, and a full deck of more than 50 replicas of the screen used cards. It doesn't get any better than that. Printed front and back on real cardstock paper.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back