The American Dream

izabel

Sr Member
Hi Guys. I know this is a bit too "easy" but I would like to share my costume version of Captain America. :rolleyes: What do you think?

Loyal to Nothing but The Dream
I_fight_for_Freedom_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Loyal_to_Nothing_but_the_Dream_by_izabelcortez.jpg

The_American_Dream_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Ms__Captain_America_by_izabelcortez.jpg

The_Salute_by_izabelcortez.jpg

It's not suppose to be mine. LOL. The only one I made for that was the tank top from the extra fabric that was included in the bag when it was given to my partner. It actually has it's own muscle suit.

The owner made it for himself then decided that it doesn't suit him after trying it once after it was finished. Then he gave it to my partner because among the other people who wanted it, it fitted him well. lol. The shield was made from rubber, the mask - rubber covered in foam and fabric then air-brushed.

When I saw it, i tried the mask and the leggings just for fun. Then my partner suggested that I wear it for the upcoming Ozine fest last April 11. It's a good thing there was left over fabric even though it was too small (it was okay because we only just need small cloth anyway.lol.) Painted the star the night before; modified Snake Eyes' belt by putting the American flag belt buckle from a belt he bought. Under the tank was supposedly a black sports bra but I think the red bra is better to go with the colors. There. A brand new costume. :lol

It was warmly welcomed in the con, people staring at me. Well, it's the first time they've seen something like it and apparently a lot of people are C.A fans. So it really went well. And after all, there will be a C.A movie coming up so I'm glad I was first. :rolleyes

I wore this costume before and after I wore the War Machine cos which I registered for the competition. :angel

Last edited:
Am I the only one that clicked on this subject line expecting a Dusty Rhodes costume?!

To tell you the truth, it's probably best if I am the only one... And I won't even dare tell you which costume I would have rather seen. jk.

Anyway, to the costume at hand. Very cool female Captain America costume. Congrats. And a great concept. I'm surprised we don't see more of those. (what with all of the other female versions of heroes that are more common out there).

A more feminine head piece could really take it to the next level.

Am I the only one that clicked on this subject line expecting a Dusty Rhodes costume?!

To tell you the truth, it's probably best if I am the only one... And I won't even dare tell you which costume I would have rather seen. jk.

Anyway, to the costume at hand. Very cool female Captain America costume. Congrats. And a great concept. I'm surprised we don't see more of those. (what with all of the other female versions of heroes that are more common out there).

A more feminine head piece could really take it to the next level.

ahahaha! gotcha? well as i've said this isn't mine except for the tank top so the headpiece and everything are all from the original suit. but it worked out well. the headpiece is a very important part fo the costume and is a trademark of the capt. It probably needs a bit of thin metal reinforcement for the sideburns so it will hug my cheeks.

thansk for the comment. :)

That costume looks nice, I look forward to see other costumes characters you will post next...

I'm also a big Captain America Fan & I'm really looking froward to seeing the New Movie! I hope they do it justice!!!

That costume looks nice, I look forward to see other costumes characters you will post next...

I'm also a big Captain America Fan & I'm really looking froward to seeing the New Movie! I hope they do it justice!!!

thanks. i think i posted G.I joe here already & my predator. :D

Looks cool! I would say that your hair is just awesome, really like the whole look! Very cool! :thumbsup

thanks. :D i just curled my hair. although i'm suppose to wear a blonde wig buit i still ahven't bought :(

anwyay i think it looked natural with my natural hair.

If I may offer some feedback.
As mentioned above, the mask is too masculine, bulky. And the airbrushing...you may want to tone that down. Way down. It looks dirty.
An upgrade to the shield would help the overall look by miles.
The belt could use some pouches. It doesn't look like it serves any pourpose whatsoever.
With that being said it really captures the spirit of CA. It's very easy to see the look you're going for. :thumbsup

Could you tell us how the mask was made?
I think you look great as American Dream.

rubber covered with spandex fabric.

looks great , both yourself and the costume :)

thanks.

thanks.

If I may offer some feedback.
As mentioned above, the mask is too masculine, bulky. And the airbrushing...you may want to tone that down. Way down. It looks dirty.
An upgrade to the shield would help the overall look by miles.
The belt could use some pouches. It doesn't look like it serves any pourpose whatsoever.
With that being said it really captures the spirit of CA. It's very easy to see the look you're going for. :thumbsup

hehe. thanks for the feedback. as i have mentioned it wasn't mine. it was an impromtu - impulsive "trip". lol. it looks musculine because it suppose to be worn by a guy. lol. :lol

the belt, well it doesn't really serve any purpose really. it's a belt from another costume - snake eyes. just modified it with a belt buckle.

thansk for teh feedback though. really appreciate it. :)

Back