The Artic Predator ! New Pics 4-15-13 Soundboard

here is yet another update with the the feet with all the texturing. And a little something more on the blades . this will be a single blade concept i got it off of the NARIN series i have not seen it done here so i am giving it a go any ideas would be great to hear

artic pred feet with lifts 012.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 008.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 009.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 010.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 011.jpg

Wow... That height is going to be insane!  7'2" Arctic Predator is going to be intimidating! Love how you painted the bio helmet! I've never seen anything like it! :)

This looks awesome, my only complaint is the files attached instead of pictures every other post.

That's what i get for using my phone and then a regular camera the camera takes ****** pics but the phone sends  BMP files guess i nees a better camera for  X MAS . the foot is almost complete and on to the casting . there goes a weekend  ! send pics when i am done as usual.

I really like the detail on the foot. Very nice! Are you going to make the mold for this one before starting to sculpt the other or is it ready to mold as well?

Steve

Well steve i think i will mold the other to be safe to keep them looking close to the exact same
and as for jason X i would have no problem going hunting with a fellow clan member ( love the suit that is what i was going for) feel free to shoot me any pics i would love to see more !!!

Well steve i think i will mold the other to be safe to keep them looking close to the exact sameand as for jason X i would have no problem going hunting with a fellow clan member ( love the suit that is what i was going for) feel free to shoot me any pics i would love to see more !!!
will do try to send some tonight

Ok here is what i have been working on for this week so far .
i have made a few custom dread beads i am going to try my luck at some small silicone molds but for now here is the pics of the timer gauntlet i am putting a face plate with lights and countdown inside and here is the blade gauntlet ready to sculpt.

artic pred feet with lifts 013.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 014.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 018.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 016.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 017.jpg

Fantastic work!  That blade looks mean as hell.  Are you gonna do resin gauntlets or latex?  Keep the updates coming!

Brian

ok here is what i have ready now . the gauntlet for the blade is now ready to go and my buddy made the string of lights for me . It has about 15 different modes and the lights can be turned up or down it came out way better than i thought now i have to get them mounted.

artic pred feet with lifts 023.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 019.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 020.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 022.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 026.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 024.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 025.jpg

he works at a place that installs high end stereo and speaker systems and makes circuit board systems and hell yeah my sylicone just arrived i guess i will have to post some pics of the projects this weekend keep an eye out my hunters !!!

Here is a major update !!
I started on the other foot it is coming along very fast since i have a foot to look off of.
And my smooth-on silicone came in.
So i tried my luck at making some dread beads here is the process
I took a small cup and figured out how much i needed to fill it with the dread bead in the cup.
And i just mixed it up let it dry and pulled it out of the cup and cut it in the middle , not exact i left a low spot so i would know where to put it back together and filled it with resin making sure i had a fill hole and an air hole and there you have it my own personal dread beads now just 50more to make.
Now on to the gauntlet i installed the lights and painted it to match the bio helmet. And i installed the magnets to hold it together i also custom cut out the new gliphs and cut small pieces of pexiglass to fit on top of the lights.
Well that was my weekend i have more silicone coming along with 100 pds of ultra cal to finish this beast.I will post more when i get it done . Let me know what you think of the color scheme.
I will be working on the hands this week.

artic pred feet with lifts 027.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 028.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 040.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 038.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 039.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 037.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 029.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 030.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 031.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 032.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 033.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 034.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 035.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 036.jpg

Looking really good! I like the color...I prefer color myself. Nothing says pred suits have to always be bland looking. :D  How about a video of the lights working in the gauntlet? That would be cool...I love to see progress updates like this. Keep it up.

Steve

Ok so here we go with the build i made a few props trying to learn the silicone process. So i made a small skull and would you believe it! It worked like a charm not bad if i don't say so myself. my hairs came in along with the lazers and the dread beads , so i shot some paint on them and getting them ready for some color i am not sure what color to paint them so feel free to throw up some ideas. Here is a few pics of the hairs installed so far. And i made the gauntlet that will hold the bad ass blade set up. It is ready for the blade to be installed and painted. that's all for now i will add some more pics tomorrow. 

artic pred feet with lifts 010.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 004.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 005.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 007.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 009.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 002.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 001.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 011.jpg

artic pred feet with lifts 012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tony, I always forget about "W.I.P." Man this build is really coming along. That second foot isn't nearly as much fun as the first one is it? I would like to see some pics of the lift that is hiding in there. Everything is looking fantastic. 

Back