Predatorium The Future of the Lair - New management and update on the update! :)

Art it's all good,
I don't think anyone got the wrong impression. Bring on the awesomeness I want to see a gathering of predators in every country..The way you have run the RPF, I have nothing but respect for you.

Bustin ya chops a bit....welcome to the MOD SQUAD!

The lair started with like 5 people almost 10 years ago...No one back then had any clue the journey would take us here.

Yep. I remember. I was there back on Ezboard. ;) So Art's site upgrade will be Lair version #3 now?

As far as bustin' chops, it does happen quite a lot on this board compared to many others I frequent, but that's because many of us have a brotherly respect for each other and never meant in a truly hurtful manner. We're just here to have fun, and help each other make Pred cotumes. That's how it's been since day 1.

I had to bring this up because I figure Art is already working on configuring the Mr Fett insta-ban button as he's been trying so hard to do in other costume boards.....and Facebook. But I continue to make his wife crack up by my remarks, so I think I'm safe for now. :p

Good. I wont look like a post whore anymore. Well, 4 suit builds does account for a few of those. Who are we kidding, I am a whore. Bring it on!

Well since you have joined Art, i have been noticing your comments more over at the RPF. (I don't frequent that one as much as here.)
you seem a like a pretty stand up guy,
and while i am a little weary of change, I am glad to hear you say you want to keep this place how it is as much as possible.
Looking forward to see what the new Lair has to offer.

Brad's joke actually made me wonder though,
how are we going to address sale threads if everyone's count goes to 0?

I don't post up much on this board, I am more of a lurker, but I am VERY active over on The Dented Helmet and spend some time on RPF as well. I think that Art Andrews knows how to run an excellent website and forum. I have had no worries about the dealings on TDH and would think this site would be the same.

I have full faith and confidence in Art.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall aboard , next stop ............................PREDACON !!!!. ( i was actually alittle surprised and saddend how LITTLE attention that thread got )

Arts aim to get our profile EVEN higher, then increases the chances of re-kindling that PREDACON fire.

change can make people worry due to them being stuck in their ways, but everything evolves over time, and there are always new goals for us to aim for.

so how about Predacon and 500 suits ;)

We can move on to our own Pred film and theme park at a later date ..................... ok yes im dreaming but so what :p

As captain kirk said"some people are frieghtened of change",things will always change in life,i think it will be a gud thing if it increases the profile of the site, as it's all of us that make this site what it is today ONE BIG WORLD WIDE FAMILY OF FRIENDS..... :p ;)

My first thought that was by getting the involvement from Art will only help raise the profile of the lair further. So long as the lair sticks to the principles of being a friendly place and generally rocking im all for it :p

Congratulations and kudos to everyone involved in taking the lair this far. The only way is up for here!!!

Just wanted to chime in real quick about the full potential comment, does everyone realize how far we have come? The lair started with like 5 people almost 10 years ago...No one back then had any clue the journey would take us here.

The hopes I had for this place have exceeded all my expectations.

Rock on art. We got your back

Art, I have dealt with you for several years at the RPF-- Looking forward to seeing you at the helm. You have my support!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall aboard , next stop ............................PREDACON !!!!. ( i was actually alittle surprised and saddend how LITTLE attention that thread got )

Arts aim to get our profile EVEN higher, then increases the chances of re-kindling that PREDACON fire.

change can make people worry due to them being stuck in their ways, but everything evolves over time, and there are always new goals for us to aim for.

so how about Predacon and 500 suits ;)

We can move on to our own Pred film and theme park at a later date ..................... ok yes im dreaming but so what :p

Yeah, tell me about it. I’m actually embarrassed that I missed that post! With the grand scope of something as awesome as Predacon, along all the work Andrew and the others put in to bring it about - and they got pretty far, You’d feel a lot more people would have chimed in.
Andrew’s work was in no way a fail or waste of time, he laid some serious Predacon foundation.
Since I plan to attend D*Con every year I’m able, I seriously wouldn’t mind volunteering as Lair spokes /PR persons, I think we need to take advantage of the all the major Cons, use them for our benefit. I’d be willing to take on such a position ( with The Lair’s permission and Blessing of course) even If it means trading in a Pred suit and the typical con attire ( geek-tee shirt and jeans) for the ‘suit and tie’ if you get what I’m saying.
It would take me some time, several months – to become comfortable with such a position, As I have a lot to learn about the Lair..I want be spot on when representing the Lair.
And Yes, I’ll admit that I’m also a bit uneasy with the change, but at the same time I welcome it with open arms..I say bring on the change and lets move to the next level!!!!!
~Estelle

Since I plan to attend D*Con every year I’m able, I seriously wouldn’t mind volunteering as Lair spokes /PR persons, I think we need to take advantage of the all the major Cons, use them for our benefit. I’d be willing to take on such a position ( with The Lair’s permission and Blessing of course) even If it means trading in a Pred suit and the typical con attire ( geek-tee shirt and jeans) for the ‘suit and tie’ if you get what I’m saying.
It would take me some time, several months – to become comfortable with such a position, As I have a lot to learn about the Lair..I want be spot on when representing the Lair.

Estelle,

This is the kind of attitude that makes this community great! I would never turn down someone wanting to promote the site at a con, but I will mention this. In my experience, using cons to promote a site that is essentially an information resource (which the Hunter's Lair is) is not a cost effective approach. I am by no means saying it isn't worth while or that it can't result in good things, but in the long run, our members who want to help promote the site and want to see it grow (and want to eventually see a Predacon) can be better utilized promoting the site online (I will post more about this in the coming months). You guys are probably going to hear me talk about TDH and the RPF until you are sick of it, but that is where my site management experience has been, so that is what I draw from. With TDH, we used to spend a lot of money and man hours to have a table at Comic Con and Dragon Con. It did get us new members but not a lot and it was a pain to organize and setup shifts and on and on. The small increase in members was not worth the effort we put out.

Lets look at the numbers.

Comic Con attendance - 100k+
Dragon Con attendance - 40k+

Realistically speaking, take those numbers and try to guess a percentage of how many would 1)be interested in what we do, then 2) take that very small number and try to guess a percentage of them who will actually find us at the convention. The number ends up being in the low hundreds at best.

Alternatively, over 27,000 people search for the term "predator costume" on Google every month. Those people aren't random con-attendees. They are specifically searching for EXACTLY what this site has to offer! While I won't dismiss the importance of conventions, it is my opinion that in order to truly grow this site, it is those 27,000 people doing Google searches that we need to try to funnel to this site instead of hoping to attract the random predator fan at a convention. It we got even 10% of those people, we would increase our membership by almost 25%...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back