The latest addition to my Star Trek collection ... only 12 feet long

Hi folks. Many thanks for those very kind thoughts!

WNMHGB: That first button set with the unique ratios of green and yellow resin on one button; and red and yellow resin in the other button (which also has a hole drilled in it) does really look the same to me as the one seen on Spock's station. I can only hope all the buttons were gathered from the same area of the Bridge, LOL.

sapper36: Those metal boxes are actually housings for 25 watt light bulbs which would be mounted in rows beneath the control panel consoles (and also behind the various monitor display screens/graphics) to provide panel illumination. Here's an old auction photo showing a different TOS console from the front and back; with all its housings visible and intact. I guess it helped prevent overheating, which was still a big problem on the Desilu soundstage. They would often only illuminate just pie shaped sections of the Bridge at a time (the ones they were filming at with the actors) to prevent overheating / electrical fires.

P38_3_SpockStationConsole.jpg

Methuselah2011: Thanks for that great compliment but I am really just a fellow fan; perhaps a bit more passionate about Star Trek than some others, LOL. I do truly think it's Gene Roddenberry's brilliant concept that has made the world more awesome.

Many kind regards,
Gerald

Last edited:
Amazing stuff on your sight.

Do you know who ended up with that huge Enterprise A model from the Star Trek Experience and by chance what it went for?

Thanks

Do you know who ended up with that huge Enterprise A model from the Star Trek Experience and by chance what it went for?

None of the Experience models survived the dismantling of the attraction intact. I think the only thing remaining of the A was the saucer. I don't know if it sold or for how much. There's a thread around here somewhere with pics of Experience leftovers just before the auction...

your house is get out of town crazy... cudos' to you man - why who doesnt have the bridge to the enterprise in their house,, ha,,. --
-- as a previous comment I think I too had a trek-gasm,.. that's just off the hook, amazing--

Oh good gravy! You have an amazing collection. I'm more of a Star Wars nut but what you've got here is truly astounding.

NacelleInGarage.jpg

A pity about the Tribble infestation. :)

Thanks for the very kind words, everyone! It does seem like just about every room in the house has some large Trek style furniture in it, lol. And that large white tribble wanders everywhere. :lol

Very Best,
Gerald

Wow Gerald. The Ent D pieces are amazing. I would be burning to build the rest......way too tempting! I would mount the saucer under the floor under Plexiglass or something similar.

Congrats.

Many thanks, harpo568!

Here's some more of my favorite possessions from TOS ... some original U.S.S. Enterprise Bridge buttons, obtained from a recent Profiles In History auction. While it's not possible to be entirely certain; several of them possess a remarkable likeness to some buttons seen at Mr. Spocks Science Station consoles ...
P292_20.jpg

Nice collection you have. Here's a higher resolution picture of the science console. You can read the text pretty easily on the buttons.
Science.jpg

Hi, everyone! Many thanks again for the kind words and interesting insights! And thanks to Mola Rob for that great hi-res photo of the science console.

Very Best,
Gerald

Here are some more recent photos of the replica TOS Bridge room ... there are now a few screen used TOS costumes on display in the room, including a science officer tunic from the 1st TOS pilot "The Cage" ...

bridge1.jpg

bridge2.jpg

The tunic was retrofitted by Desilu with a 1st season black collar for use in the regular season episodes. The patch is just an early '70s Lincoln 3rd season.

Very Best,
Gerald

Last edited:
I saw the saucer (unless there were more than one made!) at the Star Trek traveling exhibit when it was in Long Beach, CA afew years back.

Most impressive!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back