The Marvels (2023)

I am guessing it's supposed to look a bit campy.

I feel bad for Brie who was shoved off to the side. As much as I criticized the Captain Marvel movie, it was more about the writing and directing and less about Brie herself. I had no problem with her portrayal because, in the comics, even the male version was written as a stoic and bland archetype. I can understand why an audience might be put off because the character is pretty unrelatable as written. But that's not her fault. This should be her movie. I do feel like Disney threw her under the bus with that poster.

Admittedly, that won't stop me from posting memes, if it's a trainwreck.

The new trailer.
I'm really looking forward to this, I love the cosmic side of the MCU. It will be great to have Monica, Kamala and Carol all together.

I'm hugely looking forward to it too. Captain Marvel is a great movie, Ms Marvel is a really fun series and Monica's appearances in WandaVision were terrific. The three leads look to have great chemistry together and it will be nice to see more of the Carol Danvers/Nick Fury dynamic. Plus Goose is back! It all looks very promising. Interesting glimpses of the primary antagonist too...
Is she a Kree Accuser like Ronin was perhaps? She seems to have a similar staff to his.

I'm hugely looking forward to it too. Captain Marvel is a great movie, Ms Marvel is a really fun series and Monica's appearances in WandaVision were terrific. The three leads look to have great chemistry together and it will be nice to see more of the Carol Danvers/Nick Fury dynamic. Plus Goose is back! It all looks very promising. Interesting glimpses of the primary antagonist too...
Is she a Kree Accuser like Ronin was perhaps? She seems to have a similar staff to his.
In the comics, I think the character is a general, so I'm interested to find out what her deal is.

but more importantly.... FLERKEN KITTENS!!!!
1689997451754.png

Somebo6y seriously needs to make a Flerken plushy that look like a normal cat but when you squeezed it,. a bunch of tentacles to pop out of its mouth, which go back in when you stop squeezing it. If Disney were to release something like that, I bet they'd sell like hotcakes.

Your version made a lot more sense than what Disney gave us.

swing and a miss.gif

Last edited:
I smell another greasy flop being cooked up on the Disney grill…

View attachment 1752310

Critical Drinker doesn't like anything.
I would have bet $100 he would have a video out saying this will be the worst film in the history or something equally hyperbolic even though the film hasn't been released yet.
All these hate channels on YouTube love to peddle this nonsense. It's ridiculous and tiresome.

Last edited:
Critical Drinker doesn't like.
I would have bet $100 he would have a video out saying this will be the worst film in the history or something equally hyperbolic even though the film hasn't been released yet.
All these hate channels on YouTube love to peddle this nonsense. It's ridiculous and tiresome.
Yet they're almost always right.

Yet they're almost always right.
Likely in no small part due to these kinds of videos and people making up their minds about the movies based solely on these videos without ever seeing the movie themselves. That's part of the reason why these movies are failing, people listen to their favorite YouTubers or other influencers trash these movies, because that's what they do, and so they make up their minds to not see them just because their favorite influencers say not to in order to get views and clicks on their videos and posts.

Likely in no small part due to these kinds of videos and people making up their minds about the movies based solely on these videos without ever seeing the movie themselves. That's part of the reason why these movies are failing, people listen to their favorite YouTubers or other influencers trash these movies, because that's what they do, and so they make up their minds to not see them just because their favorite influencers say not to in order to get views and clicks on their videos and posts.
Doubtful. Hollywood has to make movies for a bigger audience than any YouTuber gets. I had no interest in The Marvels far longer than any YouTuber had a video on it. I haven't seen a single Marvel property since Endgame and have no interest in it, probably ever again. They'd have to return to the old days to get my money and I don't see that happening. The problem isn't YouTube, the problem is Marvel.

Doubtful. Hollywood has to make movies for a bigger audience than any YouTuber gets. I had no interest in The Marvels far longer than any YouTuber had a video on it. I haven't seen a single Marvel property since Endgame and have no interest in it, probably ever again. They'd have to return to the old days to get my money and I don't see that happening. The problem isn't YouTube, the problem is Marvel.
So you want them to keep making the same things, not trying anything different. If they did that we wouldn't have had the MCU.
To each their own.

I don't know how you can say Marvel need to return to that "formula" if you've never actually watched anything post-Endgame.

You've missed out on some great stories, since for some reason, you decided to stop after Endgame.

Don't let angry YouTubers who are making their living off peddling anger and hatred limit your ability to make your own decisions on what is good and bad.
You may not want to see The Marvel's based on the trailer, that's fair enough.

That’s basically me, in a nutshell. Having no independent and subjective sense of taste or quality, I really do go to YouTube to let me know what I like or don’t like or what is “good” or “bad”.

True story: I actually didn’t know that I shouldn’t enjoy eating broccoli until Mike Zeroh presented a 3-part video series on the topic.

;)

But, in all seriousness, you are correct; Youtube channels trashing Hollywood has basically become a cottage industry.

Last edited:
That's the thing, just because you personally aren't influenced by social media influencers doesn't mean that a lot of other people aren't. These days, I'd argue that people who aren't/don't allow themselves to be influenced by social media (to include YouTube and Facebook) are in the minority. I honestly believe that the majority of people out there who subscribe to one one form of social media or another allow themselves to be influenced unduly influenced by it. If their favorite YouTuber or the majority of what they see posted on Facebook says that X movie is bad or Y person is bad for Z reasons these people will then not see X movie and will try to cancel Y person either because they're too lazy to think for themselves and/or want to belong to what they perceive to be the "in crowd" or believe that what might just be a vocal minority to represent the majority and don't want to make waves or risk being perceived as going against "popular opinion", or a combination of both.

Last edited:
So you want them to keep making the same things, not trying anything different. If they did that we wouldn't have had the MCU.
To each their own.

I don't know how you can say Marvel need to return to that "formula" if you've never actually watched anything post-Endgame.

You've missed out on some great stories, since for some reason, you decided to stop after Endgame.

Don't let angry YouTubers who are making their living off peddling anger and hatred limit your ability to make your own decisions on what is good and bad.
You may not want to see The Marvel's based on the trailer, that's fair enough.
Not the same things, the same quality. They haven't done quality in years. It's been "all of our movies will make a billion dollars, so why try?" Yet every single one of their movies now lose money and they can't figure out the reason. That's pretty much been Disney's problem for years now. "They've always liked our stuff so let's stop caring and just crank it out!"

If you think any of it has been good, I have serious doubts about your taste.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back