The MOST accurate ANH stormtrooper hand guards

Sonnenschein

Fresh out of the mold....

p1010125s.jpg

stormtrooperluke.jpg

I redesigned my previous version and can proudly say these are the most accurate re-creation of the hand plates regarding Size, shape and material.

The front is alittle thicker, and the back (wrist) a littler thinner.
compilaton.jpg

I have also the "hero" version:

p1010051j.jpg

herohandplate.jpg

What do you think?

Karin

I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing the similarity to warrant a "most accurate" label. Is this a work in progress or still being refined?

I'm no expert, but I can see several differences between yours and the movie versions. On the standard ones, you have built in some tapering of the height towards the front that isn't visible in the screen captures. There the shapes are pretty even from front to back. And the level change you've made towards the thumb area - where have you seen reference to support that? All I've ever seen is basically a straight surface for most of the handguard and then an angle change, like you seen when holding out your hand and letting the thumb hang down. No level change at all to be spotted there. And the circle at the bottom of the hand guard seems a bit too pointy, where it should be more oval.

I agree...they definitely look fantastic!! But I don't know if I'd make the claim that they are the "MOST accurate"...still damn fine work though!

The workmanship is excellent. The accuracy is not "Most Accurate" by a stretch. They are not even "most accurate" to the screen caps you've posted. You definitely have the skills to make these the most accurate though, so keep at it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back