The most AMAZING build EVAR!! And I saw her IN PERSON!!

Spidey7

FuzzNoggin009.jpg

Alright, alright. I have been UNFORGIVABLY remiss in the lateness of this posting! I apologise wholeheartedly to Mr. FuzzNoggin.

As it turned out, I discovered that "FuzzNoggin" acutally LIVES just a few minutes down the road. I shot him an e-mail and he was KIND enough to actually let me come spend a few HOURS with this beauty of his. I actually got to stand inches away from this FANTASTIC build, and I can honestly tell you that unless you are STANDING right IN FRONT of it, you will NEVER be able to really appreciate just how beautiful she is.

The amount of FuzzNoggin's blood, sweat and tears that went into this build (gallons as far as I could tell) is plainly evident from the moment that one first sets eyes on her. It really is like being with the actual filming model except that I'd be willing to bet that this one is WAYYYY nicer.

He has her mounted on an absolutely exquisite base made of jet-black glossy acrylic. The base actually has inset, underlit, acrylic laser etchings of schematics of the Big E, and even COOLER, it actually has the working "Shields Up" graphic from "The Wrath of Khan". When he presses a button, the l.e.d.s actually sequence all the way around the outside of the schematic in single-file order, exactly like they did in the movie. You can raise and lower the shields to your hearts content. It has MULTIPLE hidden mini-spotlights so that even though the Enterprise is very brightly lit, you honestly can't tell where the light is coming from. It's almost like she's glowing from the inside!

I spent over TWO HOURS with my nose pressed up against the glass of the display case, and yet even in the final minutes, I was STILL noticing little details that I hadn't seen before. I wish that I had some way to convey just how amazing this build is and how much work Ol' Fuzzy has put into it, but words seem hollow when trying to describe this build. I will mention a few of the coolest details.

The shuttle bay has a double row of inset, sequencing landing lights in the floor! But even COOLER then THAT, in the rear of the bay, there's a shuttle with the nacelles removed and stacked to the side, and behind it he's installed a brighly flickering l.e.d. so that it REALLY looks like there's someone back there WELDING! I totally looks as if a repair crew has removed the damaged nacelles and is rewelding something back into place behind the shuttle. To top off that coolness, our own Chief Engineer, Mr. Mongomery Scott, can easily be seen inside a flying bridge, spanning the ceiling. He's actually up in the bay control room looking down on the repairs!

In the Arboretum, he's actually installed rock "climbing walls" and flowing streams! There's a waterfall, and the doors that lead out to the hallway are easily seen, plus there's even one where there's a crewmember already half inside the opened door, in mid-stride. It's like he caught the ship and froze it in a moment in time. Crew can be seen paused in mid-step, or conversation all over the ship. It's the most amazing thing I've ever seen!

The Rec Deck actually has big viewing screens that you can actually SEE what's playing on them (static image obviously). There are lots of crew playing games or lounging and watching the "TV".

The observation lounge has a beautiful stairway that has crew walking up and down, again paused in mid-step. You can see conversations taking place, and crew looking out of the windows at the stars.

The details are staggering! How about THIS!?!?! He actually has ALL of the "thrusters" individually rigged to power on and off at random so that you can put her in "Station-Keeping Mode" where she is just "hovering" in one spot. As you watch the model, different thruster lights all over the ship wink on and off to complete the illusion that the ships computer is making constant, slight thruster adjustments in order to keep her stationary! I mean, it is UN-FRIGGEN' BELIEVABLE!!!!

The Aztec is gorgeous, the paint and decals are beyond description. I'm sorry to ramble on, but there is just SO MUCH to see on this build that I can't even write it all down (plus I've been holding it all inside for the past month since I couldn't post before due to crazy school obligations).

I TRIED to take some pictures, but they do NOT in ANY way show the beauty of this girl. I'm a HORRIBLE photographer, and the room was darkened to show the lighting. I did the best that I could.

Anyway, be CAREFULL and only check out the photo-album if you're prepared to weep like a baby at the beauty! I offered Ol' Fuzzy my 2007 Mustang GT Convertable on the spot in trade for this build, but he just laughed! :( Also, my wife wouldn't let me take out a second mortgage on our house, otherwise I would have ALREADY bought it from him! Enjoy the pics (and I KNOW that later I'm going to remember many more details that I forgot to post, but honestly, there's just TOO MUCH to remember!)

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww144/Sp1dey7/FuzzNoggin/

He's a great guy, and I hope he shows up here on of these days! I don't get over to the other sites as much, but it was always great to see one of Jack's bilds up close. That baby looks sweet!

WOW! :eek :love :eek :love :eek

That's pretty darn close to perfection if not perfect! Looks just like the actual filming model.

I think I just jizzed in my pants! :lol

Last edited:
Yeah this thread is very late. Ive been waiting forever. Awesome build.

Thanks for posting it Dennis.

Al

Oh, THANKS Al, for trying to call me out! What a bunch of BS. You've never ONCE mentioned anything to me about wanting to see pics of this build. All that you've EVER asked me about is getting a set of pictures of ME wearing a pair of skimpy, cut-off "Daisy Dukes" and a wet, white T-shirt! (And btw, I re-read your explanation several times, but I STILL don't understand how pics of me half-naked will help you to better accurize your model of a Bell AH-1 "Super Cobra". But then again, maybe I just don't know enough about helicopters.)

And I've already TOLD you, my name is NOT "Dennis"! You have to call me "Mr. Sweet Lips"!

Last edited:
Oh, THANKS Al, for trying to call me out! What a bunch of BS. You've never ONCE mentioned anything to me about wanting to see pics of this build. All that you've EVER asked me about is getting a set of pictures of ME wearing a pair of skimpy, cut-off "Daisy Dukes" and a wet, white T-shirt! (And btw, I re-read your explanation several times, but I STILL don't understand how pics of me half-naked will help you to better accurize your model of a Bell AH-1 "Super Cobra". But then again, maybe I just don't know enough about helicopters.)

And I've already TOLD you, my name is NOT "Dennis"! You have to call me "Mr. Sweet Lips"!

I feel so dirty after reading this. its ok to dream about stuff just keep that filth to your self, you dirty heathen.

Looks fantastic...thanks for the pics.
with the banter going on here it reminded me off a convo I had with a buddy about whether Trek related geeky condoms would sell. The reason its not OT is because my idea was to have them be pearlescent with aztec markings and the starfellet pennant (I even joking suggested running lights). I was also joking about a Galaxy Quest version because I thought it would be funny to the name PROTECTOR along the sides.

None of the detail you mention shows up in the pictures??

If you're talking about the interior details, I couldn't get my camera to focus very well through the plexiglass. Here's the builders website that is just CHOCK FULL of awesome close-up pics and videos for you to feast your tiny little eyes on!

Here's a little taste of the goodness

fuzzy.jpg

OK, my tricorder's packed, I'm ready to move in- Mr. Fuzznoggin, prepare to repel boarders!
The color scheme and detail accuracy are simply phenomenal- I was under the impression from the Mr Scott's Guide...., that the entire exterior had been left unpainted, but for filming, that would have had horrendous results. Any chance of pix showing the incredible interior scenes you described?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back