The Probe Droid Resin Kit Instructions Tread

Thanks! Will update tomorrow-ish - finished the part assemblies, mulled over the way to bolt it all together... it's all base-painted, too! SUCH a good kit!!

Here's the servos in the head. I neded up using Zip Tie material, cut down, in place of thread - now they are much "heartier" and have the same range of motion:
L1120787.jpg

Add the last body parts to the body lid:
L1120793.jpg

L1120794.jpg

(accoracy alert! I have added kit parts from the 1/35th Tamiya Sheridan here)
L1120795.jpg

L1120796.jpg

L1120797.jpg

A few picks ups on the legs:
L1120799.jpg

L1120800.jpg

L1120801.jpg

L1120802.jpg

L1120803.jpg

L1120804.jpg

And legs get bolted on in this sequence:
L1120805.jpg

L1120806.jpg

L1120807.jpg

L1120808.jpg

L1120809.jpg

Thanks, guys! The snow base is pretty much done, so I can cover the base to protect from paint, mount the body, wire the main parts together, and finish paint work!! This has truly been a fun one, with really cool results.

Very well done with the build!!!! Innovative ideas with the lighting, motion and sound effects that have worked out extremely positively when seen in the video. I have to admit I wondered just what they would add to the model but they significantly enhance it. The red lazer in the gun is a very nice touch and the sound system working in sinc with it is much better than I thought it would be. The Droids head and antenna motion looks very fluid and realistic as well. Great work!!!!
The detailing on the model looks very crisp as well. Nearly all of the parts Mike did are pretty indistinguishable from their donor kit counterparts ( I know because I've got most of them now) and the redesign and casting is some light years ahead of the original kit Guy and Lee had to work on but converted and replaced so successfully.
Keep that cat away from that stand though!!! Or that PD may end up in as many pieces as when Han blasted it!!!

Last edited:
Just pointer on this part guys, half of it is missing on both sides,thought id chime in if anybody did want this area to be accurate, the prop today shows the part broken, but its not intended to be that way.
You'll need a Tamiya 1/35 M3A2, both parts needed are supplied in just one kit.

lee
missing.jpg

Holy smokes, that is epic! I love the articulating legs. Glad to hear the electronics worked out. I really like the antenna motion also, very smooth. Well done on the linkage sir!

It's at the moment all airbrush, and all Tamiya. For the resin build, I'm trying to keep this "simple/clean" for people. German grey TS4 spray Tamiya base. Then build up layers of Grey XF20 & XF22 (cut the darkest grey with a little XF10 brown), Smoke X19, some XF10 as a near glaze by cutting it with rubbing alcohol... the orange was straight X6 with a dash of X7 (red)... that gets you to the pic above.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back