The real Nick Fury - Agent of SSR

duality

This is my first 'share' despite being on the forum for years. I am usually recreating something unoriginal so don’t feel the need to litter the forum.
So, without going down the ‘why’ rabbit hole too far, I’m a diehard comics fan. I love Golden and Silver Age books. I love the new Nick Fury but there’s always been a place in my heart for old-school, silver aged Fury.
NickST135-1.jpg
I was playing around with the idea of a badge circa early 40s (beginning of WWII). I fell across some Prohibition badges from a few years before and though it would be cool to create one for Fury from then. While I know SSR is a modern convention, was giving it a place to exist while giving the new Fury a home in the Marvel universe. I came up with the following... Hope someone out there might get some joy out of it.
NickFury_Finalsmall.jpg
Full size: http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk128/duoality/NickFury_Final.jpg
The write up was taken from a Prohibition ID and rewritten based on the timeframe and Marvel dynamics.
NickFury_Final_2small.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk128/duoality/NickFury_Final_2.jpg
Nick is a little Newman, Redford, Cruise’s eye. I got the pin from a screen grab from Cap America. I forgot who the suit, the hair, eyepatch, etc. came from…
I aged the walled which is a seal-skin like paper bought at the local hobby shop. Here is what it looked like put together:
nicF1.jpgNicF2.jpg

Fan-bloody-tastic!! Love the vintage look.

I have to agree, the "new" Fury is fine but lets remember the "real" Fury comes from the '40s and I think you've really captured that look here.

Great work, thanks for the share.

bfd

Hey thanks for the kudos. I'm pleased with the way it came out. It actually looks great in hand with the modern badge beside it.

I have not yet done printing, I just straighten the photo of Nick Fury
I'll see this weekend how to make your work

Bests

C.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back