The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

I wonder, after the 3rd part of the FF7 remake trilogy is out....probably by 2028 or so.....do you think they will ever make some way to have it as one HUGE game, where there are no credits like when you leave Midgar, and it just actually continues on with the story?
How would they do that, and also include the DLC Intragrade....not sure. Maybe not possible....would be interesting if they could pull it off.
It would be like a minimum 600gb.
Maybe that will end up being a PlayStation 6 game with a full terabyte needed.....yikes.
Doubtful. Cant say for sure its going to fit into 3 games anyway. Depends on where Rebirth ends but FF7 has a ton of content if they want to remake everything. Very possible they cut out stuff like Condor Tower's RTS simulator (it was pretty bad anyway) or the snowboarding game but there is still a ton of story content and the weapons to go through.

Given PS5 is also apparently entering its later stage, the final entry of FF7 remake could be PS6 and that might require new hardware which would made a full integration difficult. There will probably be a special edition release where you can buy all 3 games in one package but will probably remain a separate trilogy of games like Mass Effect.

Doubtful. Cant say for sure its going to fit into 3 games anyway. Depends on where Rebirth ends but FF7 has a ton of content if they want to remake everything. Very possible they cut out stuff like Condor Tower's RTS simulator (it was pretty bad anyway) or the snowboarding game but there is still a ton of story content and the weapons to go through.

Given PS5 is also apparently entering its later stage, the final entry of FF7 remake could be PS6 and that might require new hardware which would made a full integration difficult. There will probably be a special edition release where you can buy all 3 games in one package but will probably remain a separate trilogy of games like Mass Effect.
Square said they already plan to do it all in 3 parts, and that Rebirth will be ending where disc one ended. Will they kill off Aeris or not, who knows. How will they finish everything in part 3...also who knows.
Since the Intergrade dlc made fort condor a little mini game like past FF games card game, probably how they planed do that.
For the actual location close to Junon, guess we'll see.
I still think part 1 needed to go past Midgar.

I never finished the original game. Got sidetracked with all the sidequests and such. Now there's this rebirth intergrade flipty doop whatever game and I'm just sitting here like "Yeah, yeah, let me know when it's a complete game, ok? Then I'll buy it."

I've never seen Advent Children. Fathom Events is showing it next week. Is it worth a watch? Sub or Dub?

I originally saw it in theaters in 2005, before it actually came to America, but it was a bad bootleg copy in Japanese and no subs.
Story is alright, nothing to crazy.
It had a bit of a rough development, as it was originally a short type film, like 30 mins. But the story goes that Square liked how tit was shaping up, so they expanded it to like an hour....and then again to 90 mins. And then after it was finished and out, they added even more, now called the Complete version at over 2 hours. That does have the most story of course, but I felt it was nothing to crazy....now the fighting...thats where the movie shines. In fact, all the crazy action packed fighting for this whole Remake is totally based on how the fighting it from Advent Children.
Its fast and crazy, which is really all that needs to be focused on the most.
And the music is really good. I have the soundtrack and love listening to it.

I originally saw it in theaters in 2005, before it actually came to America, but it was a bad bootleg copy in Japanese and no subs.
Story is alright, nothing to crazy.
It had a bit of a rough development, as it was originally a short type film, like 30 mins. But the story goes that Square liked how tit was shaping up, so they expanded it to like an hour....and then again to 90 mins. And then after it was finished and out, they added even more, now called the Complete version at over 2 hours. That does have the most story of course, but I felt it was nothing to crazy....now the fighting...thats where the movie shines. In fact, all the crazy action packed fighting for this whole Remake is totally based on how the fighting it from Advent Children.
Its fast and crazy, which is really all that needs to be focused on the most.
And the music is really good. I have the soundtrack and love listening to it.
What do you think about sub vs dub?

I had forgotten I bought Final Fantasy Type-0 HD a while back, for less than $10.
Decided to try it out.
I'm like 6 hours in, but, finding it a little boring, characters aren't that interesting.
Its trying to be like FF8 with all the school stuff, and other FFs as well thrown in. The battle is a bit odd with overly complex stuff and not even close to as good as FF7remake. I'll keep going with it, but, not sure if its going to get better or not.

Heres a trailer with a tiny little bit of the action from the film.
I also wasn't sure if they were showing it around here, but found out they are....need to see if I can find anyone to go with me. A film like that is fun to watch with someone.

Helldivers 2 breaking records already with 372,000 peak players on steam as of today beating out all the Halo games and Starfield with 65% of players on PS5 and 35% of players on PC. Of course that means it's been almost impossible to get on all weekend with frequent "Servers at Capacity" messages. Yeah, Arrowhead definitely wasn't expecting the game to hit this hard at launch. The CEO of Arrowhead said on X that the whole team has had to completely revamp the roadmap for the content expansions.
The Terminids have been pushed back a sector, but the Automatons are currently invading a Super Earth sector and the Helldivers aren't having much success in pushing them back. Mostly since many of the drops are Evac missions that get swarmed by Automaton dropships and overrun.

Last edited:
Helldivers is the most fun I've had in a long time. When they get their servers up to snuff, it's gonna be my go-to for quite a while.
Helldivers broke the 400,000 player peak last night now beating GTAV and climbing into Steam’s top 25 most popular online games.

Hmm. Wonder if this is gonna end up going like Darktide: strong launch, crap follow-up. Hope not.
As long as they roll out new new content in a timely fashion I think it will. People were still playing the first game 8 years after it was released. I also played through numerous campaigns on the first game as well. If you win the war the whole galactic map resets and starts over and if you lose the war, same thing.

We know one new faction is coming for sure and judging by the galactic map, there is also a spot for a fourth faction. The first game had the Illimunate, so I am assuming it might be them again or some version of them, like how the Cyborgs from the first game evolved into the Automatons.

The Arrowhead CEO (I just keep calling him that because they're in Sweden and I can't pronounce or type his name properly) said new units, biomes, mission types, weapons and accessories are all coming. Since all the the stuff from the first game is there, I'm assuming the vehicles from the first game are coming as well. We already have confirmation the mechs from the first game are coming and in some levels you can actually see burning wrecks of them. An armored APC with a driver and three gunner turrets from the first game will probably also come, along with a light tank. Very slow to drive and reload, but powerful turret.

The full servers have actually let me take a break from the game for the first time since launch. I've been working through Final Fantasy Crisis Core as I prepare to go through all the FFVII content for the upcoming rebirth.

Also wanted to throw this in, look at the 7 minute mark in the video. Automatons shoot down a Helldiver ship in orbit.

Last edited:
Finally getting the hang of FF Type-0. Its got quite a sleep learnung curve with everything. Still haven't got it all figured out.
During main missions, you can have help from other classes, which are randomly generated, and come and go after a min or two. A bit of an odd way to do it, but, these random characters each have a name, which I haven't paid much attention to...until this one. I thinking maybe they are all the crew that worked on the game...maybe.
1000013755.jpg

Got a quick pic off the tv before he was gone.

Finally getting the hang of FF Type-0. Its got quite a sleep learnung curve with everything. Still haven't got it all figured out.
During main missions, you can have help from other classes, which are randomly generated, and come and go after a min or two. A bit of an odd way to do it, but, these random characters each have a name, which I haven't paid much attention to...until this one. I thinking maybe they are all the crew that worked on the game...maybe.
View attachment 1791737
Got a quick pic off the tv before he was gone.
I see this pop up on sale periodically, how does it compare to mainline FF games?

I see this pop up on sale periodically, how does it compare to mainline FF games?
Storywise, not near as strong, although I'm maybe only halfway through, or not even yet, as I'm doing a lot of side mission stuff as well.
It takes elements from a lot of the other games.
Major counties having their own crystal of power.
The big evil empire has magitek armor.
The whole game is a big giant school with different ranks, although your characters are the top 0 rank....which feels a lot like FF8. Theres plenty other little nods to the other main games.
Combat is action based and not turn based.
Its suppose to be part of the world of FF13, or at least part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis, but other than that name, it doesn't have much connection to 13 at all. It actually feels more like FF12s world.
The learning curve was pretty steep, and I did have a hard time getting into it, and even read a lot of people have said the same thing, but once you get going, then you want to keep going.
I could also see it not being for everyone.

The Helldivers servers have been jammed for the last three days. 400,000+ players online. Used the opportunity to break out Final Fantasy Crisis Core for the first time to get ready for Rebirth. Wish I had played sooner. Really filling in the backstory to FFVII. Never knew much about Zack before but he was pretty important to the story of FFVII. The story about how he gets the Buster Sword passed down to him from Angeal, knowing it will eventually get passed on again and become the iconic symbol of FFVII. Meeting Aerith and a young Shinra soldier named Cloud.

Combat is excellent, story is excellent, graphics are good for a PSP upgrade, but what I do hate is all those damn filler missions from the save icon. I guess I can't complain because they are optional and are mostly there to just help you build you character and materia. I've done just over 35% of them now and am like, enough already. But I'm only in Chapter 4 of 11 so I will probably just keep doing them to ensure I'm strong enough to finish the game.

Not a big fan of the Limit Break system in this one either as it basically happens at random. You have that literal lottery system rolling through every battle and depending on what it lands on you get random character buffs and literally have to rely on that lottery to get access to your Limit Breaks, which are also random. Ugh. Can see why they scrapped that in the future games.

Also getting to know a Sephiroth who is still currently a good guy and not insane is very interesting.

Nomura said on X that they've started development on the final part of the FFVII Remake trilogy, but that it likely won't see the light of day until 2026 or later. The trilogy started on PS4 and could literally end on the PS6.

Info drop for Rebirth.

✅Main story is 40 hours
✅Full completion with side content will push it to 100 hours
✅Nomura won’t confirm or deny whether the story takes place in an alternate reality
✅Zack’s storyline is completely original
✅Story has many surprises and mysteries that unfold following the original
✅Gold Saucer date has same and opposite sex romance options
✅Gold Saucer has 7 areas
✅New characters will be introduced alongside longtime original ones
✅Vincent’s gameplay in Rebirth will be similar to Red XIII, and will be fully playable in the 3rd game
✅Vincent and Yuffie’s storylines will be fully incorporated into the main story giving further depth and connections to other characters
✅The game is 150GB in size, split into two discs on PS5
✅The story events culminates at the Forgotten Capital
✅All areas will be included, b hit the events leading to that ending won’t necessarily follow the same order
✅Wutai won’t be in the game, and is saved for the 3rd game
✅Players with Remake saves receive unknown summon materia when they start Rebirth
✅Mini-games have been expanded: In one of the. Cloud collects soldiers and arrange them in Rufus Shinra's inauguration parade for different results
✅Chocobos expand world exploration with different breeds unique to each region, each with their own ability like climbing or flying..etc
✅Playable Sephiroth flashbacks
✅Character-specific skill trees and lots of customizations
✅New Materia and synergy abilities
✅Many Summons including Alexander, Odin.etc) with side quests based on some summons

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back