The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

I have said this many times before that WAND should release the tricorder as a non-functional prop, and then, if and when, they can come back
and release the fully functional at twice the price! As it sits, it looks really fantastic, and I am working on an old MARCO tricorder, and working to make it more like the WAND tricorder, with no video, just sound effects and lights. Even going to try and make the discs as they appear on the WAND page, with different colored labels! VERY neat!
And it's been said many times before the costs to obtain straight up prop replica licenses are astronomical and get passed on the consumer if it even officially gets past that stage. Wand was able to keep costs down by saying they are functioning electronics accessories that happen to resemble props. Their products HAVE to have a useful function.

What are we waiting to pay for again?….Perhaps I’m missing something…..but is there a compiled itemized running list of TWC’s tricorder “functions”? so one doesn’t have to decipher and extract from TWC’s blog posts.

Real functions…not simulated functions that have bells and whistles and actually do nothing.

If so….kindly post…thanks

Peace

What are we waiting to pay for again?….Perhaps I’m missing something…..but is there a compiled itemized running list of TWC’s tricorder “functions”? so one doesn’t have to decipher and extract from TWC’s blog posts.

Real functions…not simulated functions that have bells and whistles and actually do nothing.

Peace
Tricorder update #7
Data discs
What they do and how they work

IMG_4646.jpeg

Peace
You have had plenty of time to go back through blog posts.

Information from The Wand Company regarding metric displays on the Tricorder:

Chris Barnardo April 10, 2024 at 3:29 pm
The development team here at Wand Company Towers all agreed quite early on that in the Star Trek future world the universal units were SI units (International System of Units)… so I am afriad there is no current way of switching between imperial and metric built into the system… so I guess it is time to put the slide rule back in its gently patinated box and crack open the 23rd century.

Responses on TWC’s FB page about the Tricorder status:

Hi Ronnie!

The team are working really hard to get it finished and as soon as we are ready to start taking pre-orders, a little later this year, we'll let you all know via our updates.

We are super excited now!

Kindest
Charlotte

Chris Barnardo
still being worked on and slowly moving towards production and full type testing

Chris Barnardo
It's moving into production now, but fiendishly complex (for us anyway) has meant that things I thought would only take a few months have ended up taking years... it's frustrating as hell especially as we continue to fund it and are drafting in additional help to finally get it over the line, but rest assured we continue to work very hard to push it over the line and into your hands.

(In response to “You’ve been saying that for at least a year”)
Chris Barnardo
yes... probably much longer actually... so, frustrating as hell, but snags are getting resolved and the product is now moving to what is called FEP, which is the step before full production... so still a few months from them actually rolling off the production line but tantalisingly close.

This is the issue with constantly being nagged for updates when there are so many unknowns as you roll up to production with a product like this and a small dev team... the updates are bound to sound like a scratched record saying ... "we're nearly there..." in reply to the reoccuring question, "Are we there yet?"

I believe the original price esitimate was $250 in 2020. The cummulative inflation up to tne end of 2023 has been 18.3% with an estimated additional 3.5% by the end of end fo 2024. So $300 is not far off of the original goal.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back