Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Well I wouldn't have a problem is a villain stole the power, they should just be gone for a while to practice and then come face the hero. It's the face that in a week you can face the main hero. It's doesn't make sense.

I thought Tarkin looked pretty darn good.
You must not have seen Rogue One on a big screen. On my TV, he looks okay, but on a IMAX screen when I first saw the movie, people in the audience were openly laughing at Tarkin each time he'd show up and making comments about how awful the CGI looked.
Same thing with the SW prequels, they look way better on TV than on a big screen.

Crazy hacker person who can break into anything by using an original gameboy and a pay phone. Only takes them about as long as me eating a Mickey D hashbrown.

When hero guy is in trouble and sends wife/family to stay with her sister/mother.
And then, one of the two things will always happen:
1. They'll turn around halfway and drive up just as the bad guys get there (after being told it would happen)
2. The bad guys have the "book of address for all good guy family members" and show up with them tied up soon afterward

Case in point, Daisy in the last season of Agents of Shield. The bad guy gains her same power and is instantly in full control of them and almost her equal to the point where she really has to fight to beat him.

That's not correct. He nearly kills himself the first time he uses them, and years later, before their final battle, he points out that, due to her time travel, and him taking the long way, he's had the Quake powers longer than she has.

That's not correct. He nearly kills himself the first time he uses them, and years later, before their final battle, he points out that, due to her time travel, and him taking the long way, he's had the Quake powers longer than she has.

You're right, I forgot about the time travel part.

Movies need to get better at doing archers and bows and arrows. I realize most of the time the arrows and even the drawstring are CG, but all of these bows seem to take no strength to draw. Legolas, Hawkeye, Arrow--it all looks bad. If it is a longbow--the bow never bends when they pull the string, its like the drawstring is just a rubber band. If it is a compound bow, they never "cock" it properly.

I'm not a bowhunter, but my Dad was pretty much all my life until he got too old. I'm no expert by any means but I've seen enough real bow action to know its pretty much never done right in the movies.

One particular instance is in the first Avengers movie during the "Budapest" scene. Clint and Nat are talking and he is just twanging away without using ANY effort. Yeah, I get that he is a master archer and all, but for a bow to actually shoot with any power there has to be resistance in the pull. The way he was shooting, those arrows wouldn't have gone twenty feet.

Also, speed shooters almost never reach back to a quiver for every shot, they hold the arrows in their hands. But, being that Legolas is an elf and magic and all, I guess I can forgive that.

....Just something I think Hollywood could improve on.

...Also, speed shooters almost never reach back to a quiver for every shot, they hold the arrows in their hands. But, being that Legolas is an elf and magic and all, I guess I can forgive that.

I think this is one of those things that really just plays into continuity more than anything else. It lets them not have to worry about splicing different takes together; but the character has 3 arrows left, rather than 1.

... or Hugh Jackman.

LOL! what movie have I missed?!?

Movies need to get better at doing archers and bows and arrows. I realize most of the time the arrows and even the drawstring are CG, but all of these bows seem to take no strength to draw. Legolas, Hawkeye, Arrow--it all looks bad. If it is a longbow--the bow never bends when they pull the string, its like the drawstring is just a rubber band. If it is a compound bow, they never "cock" it properly.

I'm not a bowhunter, but my Dad was pretty much all my life until he got too old. I'm no expert by any means but I've seen enough real bow action to know its pretty much never done right in the movies.

One particular instance is in the first Avengers movie during the "Budapest" scene. Clint and Nat are talking and he is just twanging away without using ANY effort. Yeah, I get that he is a master archer and all, but for a bow to actually shoot with any power there has to be resistance in the pull. The way he was shooting, those arrows wouldn't have gone twenty feet.

Also, speed shooters almost never reach back to a quiver for every shot, they hold the arrows in their hands. But, being that Legolas is an elf and magic and all, I guess I can forgive that.

I suspect that a lot of this comes from a misconception that the power of the bow comes from the string and not the limbs. I say this because if you look at most, if not all toy bows have elastic bow strings with the limbs doing pretty much nothing.

Also, from what I understand, "dry firing" bows is supposed to be a bad thing as in it can injure the archer. But I don't know enough about archery to know much about this.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back