Thunderbirds Mole scratchbuild

KevinD

Sr Member
Here are some pictures of my studio scale scratchbuild of the Mole from Thunderbirds. Where possible, I used the same kit parts as the originals.

M1.jpg

M2.jpg

Mole3.jpg

Mole4.jpg

TB1Mole.jpg

I realise this is an ancient thread and that you all may know this already kits parts used ( just my best guess so far)

Airfix

oo/ho Girderbridge main Trusses and smaller support for Mole body
possibly oo/ho Footbridge

Revell
Everything is Go! Atlas Rocket Atlas Rocket halves on Truss

1/72 X-15 decals

Aurora

1/76 Convair Hustler. Wing leading edge on Mole Body above retraction tracks
Engine Halves on Chassis fenders with undercarriage parts
External payload nose either end of retraction tracks on side of Mole body

1/48 F5 Freedom Fighter. Decals

Faller HO Cafe/Garage. Fence - detail on Mole Body
Inner roof rear of Mole body

The elephant in the corner of the room is the Victory Vickers Vigor tractor toy.

anyone attempted a parts map?

I'm still looking for sources for the silver coves, the round silver side ports on the mole body and the two 'nozzels' at the front of age chassis

Cheers

Yeoman

My fav of All vehicles to exit Thunderbird 2...
That Sir is the Perfect model!

Oh what we would have given to have one of those fall out our Dinky die casts as a kid instead of an oversized what looked like to me Robin Reliant with a snow plow :)

My fav of All vehicles to exit Thunderbird 2...
That Sir is the Perfect model!

Oh what we would have given to have one of those fall out our Dinky die casts as a kid instead of an oversized what looked like to me Robin Reliant with a snow plow :)
Yep, Dinky Toys was sometimes a miss in terms of accuracy or color:eek: Like the green UFO Interceptor with red landing gears:oops::oops::lol:

Yep, Dinky Toys was sometimes a miss in terms of accuracy or color:eek: Like the green UFO Interceptor with red landing gears:oops::oops::lol:
I love those red landing feet!
Yeah the story used to go they had excess paint and didn't want to waste it..
I keep meaning to paint my spare Shado2.. It was always my favourite UFO vehicle.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back