Unlimited Run TJack's Amazing Spiderman 2 Faceshell and Lenses Combo *Kits available* see post #529

Re: TJack's Amazing Spiderman 2 Faceshell and Lenses Combo

I'm assuming you've used the same size mask as your other universal? Just thought about that and realized this probably won't fit me if that's the case :(

It is smaller than my original universal shell but I can't promise it will fit everyone.

prob a bit in between. I never took an actual measurement of that smaller one I sold you since it was a one off test for someone else.

Alrighty. I'll wait and see how that one fits to see if I'll get one of these. Everything I've seen so far is truly beautiful. Great work, buddy :)

Hey Tjack I do not get paid until next friday and do you think that since i'm paying that later on that i won't receive the shell and lenses for months?? just wondering because mclean's shell and lenses won't get to people for months because he has so many orders and that is kind of stressing me out, just wondering thanks :)

Hey Tjack I do not get paid until next friday and do you think that since i'm paying that later on that i won't receive the shell and lenses for months?? just wondering because mclean's shell and lenses won't get to people for months because he has so many orders and that is kind of stressing me out, just wondering thanks :)

Im the JY he weote he wanna be done with run 1 and 2 till 20th Frbruary and then he is off for vacation.
I dont know on what run u r but i think ppl dont have to wait months for run 3 or 4 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to get in on a run I can put your name down, but there are a lot of people ahead of you right now. I can't promise how soon the 3rd and 4th runs will happen until I have the first 2 taken care of. I'll put your name on my list and contact you about payment info when your run will be ready to start :)

Hey, so I looked around a but and couldn't see anything. Are these going to be vacu-formed shells like your other ones? Or will these be cast resin/etc.?

Okay great thanks Tjack and Aron, and now im just kind of having second thoughts on the size i am worried it will be too big i have a 22 inch head circumference whats your thought on it Tjack? thanks if it wont fit my head then ill just probably by multiple pairs of your lenses in your other threads and multiple masks (other website) so that i have just multiple things to make up for this combo :) let me know sir thanks

Hey, so I looked around a but and couldn't see anything. Are these going to be vacu-formed shells like your other ones? Or will these be cast resin/etc.?
Did you try simply clicking the link in the very first post?
http://www.therpf.com/f78/tjacks-amazing-spiderman-2-faceshell-lenses-202496/

The shells will be vacu-formed plastic like his previous universal shells, but built with recesses and magnets to integrate specifically with the newest and most accurate version of the TASM2 eye frames and lenses he's made. There's been a lot of R&D on this shell, moreso than the previous budget lenses.
The eye frames were redesigned, modeled on the computer, 3-D printed, further adjusted and refined by hand, then cast in onyx and curved to the exact shape of the shell, with rare earth magnets installed to lock into the faceshell. The eyes will have a domed clear lens layer and a fine white mesh, and a rear backing layer to hide the user's eyes, just like the screen-used suits.

Initial sculpt
shell_comparison.jpgshell_comparison2.jpg
Computer model for 3-D printing
TASM2_Frames_2.jpg
Finer mesh (bottom)
new_mesh.jpg
Adjusted frame with lens assembly:
asm2_prototype.jpg
Prototype shell recess, prior to cutting and magnets
asm2_shell_prototype.jpg
Full prototype shell with comic style mask stand-in (click to enlarge)
16c47ba.jpg
Please keep in mind this was using the prototype faceshell so the recess around the eyes are a little bigger than the final one will have (hence the reason you can see a bit of an indent around the frame.

Last edited:

Well as I said in the build thread, totally wanna get in on a future run of these, pm sent or so I think, pretty new to this so I may have not sent it out properly lol.

Did you try simply clicking the link in the very first post?
http://www.therpf.com/f78/tjacks-amazing-spiderman-2-faceshell-lenses-202496/

The shells will be vacu-formed plastic like his previous universal shells, but built with recesses and magnets to integrate specifically with the newest and most accurate version of the TASM2 eye frames and lenses he's made. There's been a lot of R&D on this shell, moreso than the previous budget lenses.
The eye frames were redesigned, modeled on the computer, 3-D printed, further adjusted and refined by hand, then cast in onyx and curved to the exact shape of the shell, with rare earth magnets installed to lock into the faceshell. The eyes will have a domed clear lens layer and a fine white mesh, and a rear backing layer to hide the user's eyes, just like the screen-used suits.

Yeah I'm familiar with the original build thread. I've been following it since it started. I know how these are constructed and designed, I just missed the part where Tjack clarified how these would be cast/made. It doesn't say it in the first post of the build thread or here.

Thanks for the info though.

thescrapta and thundercats - Aaron is correct, I have a list going for runs past the first 2 listed in the first post. I have put your names down in the que and will contact you when I get closer to starting your run.

I should have some pics up in this thread later tonight as well :)

thescrapta and thundercats - Aaron is correct, I have a list going for runs past the first 2 listed in the first post. I have put your names down in the que and will contact you when I get closer to starting your run.

I should have some pics up in this thread later tonight as well :)

Can't wait for the final pictures. :popcorn

I just want to say something real quick:
"I am only doing these in runs of 5 at a time for right now since I am going on vacation for a few weeks starting Feb 20 and want to make sure that I can send out all that have paid before I leave. "
That sentence, when I first read it, relieved so much stress that I actually nearly fell asleep I was so satisfied. I have conventions at the beginning of March and I was so worried I would have to go mask-less or maybe buy an interim shell/lens combo in the mean time.

This thread is so full of win.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back