Interest Tobin's Spirit Guide by Magnoli Props!

Option 3. I would totally be willing to pay that price for a completed guide. But I would be cool with Option 2 as well.

Last edited:
I'd be in for any of the options, but Option 2 would be my go to. Option 3 would be awesome as well (Pending content).

Another option I'd be interested in is a finished book, with aged empty pages (Could be a fun scrapbooking option?)

Interested in Option 2. It is always very hard for me to find books that fit, because the books around here have always different sizes...

Last edited:
View attachment 1731375

We're looking into doing a limited run of Tobin's Spirit Guide based on the version seen in Afterlife. We've got a few ways of doing this, so I thought we could get your input as to how you'd like to see this offered. At the moment, we've got the following ideas:

1) A finished cover (embossed leather with gold accents on hardcover cardstock). This would be a DIY project where you would have to find a matching sized book and add the cover yourself. We could make a tutorial as to how to do this, but it would certainly be the most affordable option. At a rough guess price would be $50-$100.

2) A finished "fake" book... basically same as above, but we do the work for you to add it to an existing random second-hand book. We could age the exterior of the pages so it looks like a realistically finished old book. Price would be around $150-$200.

3) A full-on replica of the guide full of text, illustrations, etc. This would change this "simple" project to a HUGE undertaking. We could open this up to community contributions to lighten the work load, but the sheer amount of work to get this done would push this verison into the $600-$800 price range. Because of the thickness of the book, I think we'd still only do a limited number of unique pages, then repeat them several times (but perhaps have the page numbering continue correctly).

So... post your interest, your thoughts, your preference and we'll see what eventuates. If you're happy with version 1 or 2, we could actually start this immediately as the cover graphics are finished and ready to go to press.

Kind regards,
Indy
Magnoli Props
I want a full replica of the complete Tobin Spirit Guide. Sign me up!!!

View attachment 1731375

We're looking into doing a limited run of Tobin's Spirit Guide based on the version seen in Afterlife. We've got a few ways of doing this, so I thought we could get your input as to how you'd like to see this offered. At the moment, we've got the following ideas:

1) A finished cover (embossed leather with gold accents on hardcover cardstock). This would be a DIY project where you would have to find a matching sized book and add the cover yourself. We could make a tutorial as to how to do this, but it would certainly be the most affordable option. At a rough guess price would be $50-$100.

2) A finished "fake" book... basically same as above, but we do the work for you to add it to an existing random second-hand book. We could age the exterior of the pages so it looks like a realistically finished old book. Price would be around $150-$200.

3) A full-on replica of the guide full of text, illustrations, etc. This would change this "simple" project to a HUGE undertaking. We could open this up to community contributions to lighten the work load, but the sheer amount of work to get this done would push this verison into the $600-$800 price range. Because of the thickness of the book, I think we'd still only do a limited number of unique pages, then repeat them several times (but perhaps have the page numbering continue correctly).

So... post your interest, your thoughts, your preference and we'll see what eventuates. If you're happy with version 1 or 2, we could actually start this immediately as the cover graphics are finished and ready to go to press.

Kind regards,
Indy
Magnoli Props
I am in for a full replica!! Version 3 or even more detailed….

It would be awesome on the final book if you could include the ornate brass piece and the leather wrap from Spirits Unleashed

1692828939443.png

The 2009 Ghostbusters game also has a large amount of content listed as being from Tobin's Spirit Guide.
In-Game text-only content for TSG can be found here:

And here's a link to the TSG for the Ghostbusters RPG...so much good content out there!

All FWIW; hope someone finds it useful. I suspect there is enough content out there for us to work together to assemble something pretty authoritative! Maybe even enough pages!

Bill

Version 3 please! I’m sure it’d be worth every penny. Also I think you’d find enough material to fill an entire book of this size, there’s a ton of different ghosts, legends, gods, hauntings, etc that are related to the movies, cartoons, comics and video games. I mean depending on what you consider the right size of the book. But the fanbase is huge and we’re out there to help. There’s many of us who could provide checklists, info about ghosts, etc and I’m sure everyone would be willing to help.

Erik Burnham has sold a copy of Tobins Spirit Guide for quite some time and I know many people here have probably purchased it. Is there a way to collaborate by taking the existing book with all the wonderful illustrations and detailed descriptions and have Magnoli rebind the generic book cover with something as interesting as the proposed image in the original post?

Erik Burnham has sold a copy of Tobins Spirit Guide for quite some time and I know many people here have probably purchased it. Is there a way to collaborate by taking the existing book with all the wonderful illustrations and detailed descriptions and have Magnoli rebind the generic book cover with something as interesting as the proposed image in the original post?
The size of the cover is about right for rebinding, but the official book is too thin to fill the spine of the prop book. I'm going to see if we can possibly make a type of wrap-over for this book... waiting for my copy to arrive. More on this when it gets here. But, in the least, we WILL be offering at least v1 and v2 options.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back