Done / Completed Tomorrowland Pin

Re: Tomorrowland Pin ** new lower price :) **

"Mine disappeared between Detroit and here a week ago.

What has USPS said about the shipment? have they given a reason for any delay? that's so bizarre"

Yeah, you can run the tracking number: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9500111138735083617397
Keeps randomly updating that it left Allen Park every few days. :/
The USPS said "it seems to be lost but if it does not show up in 6 months, you can always file a claim." That would be you on your end.
Figures, one of the most enthusiastic about this and mine gets lost. Just picked up a pin off eBay, seems to be the way at this point to get one now.

How strange, mine says delayed as well. It hasn't been and transit long and is maybe 2.5 hours away from my house though. The weather here has been stormy and rainy so maybe that's the cause for your delay too?

Blame it on Plus Ultra I guess, don't think the weather has anything to do with it.

Same thing, not showing any progress. If I contact them again, I bet it show it leaving Allen Park for a fourth time. This last was the third time it was shown leaving.

Can I get a pm with an update on my pin order. I paid a while back now and haven't herd anything back about it.

I too am impressed with the pin (and I am an owner, see my collection at http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-tommorowland-movie-pin-prop-other-tomorrowland-pins-236452 ), but I also picked up a few similar ones off of eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Funko-Disne...-PIN-1-PIN-2-5757-5758-IN-STOCK-/161669996331
at about 1/4 the price (around $8.50 per pin w/shipping for vs $25 w/shipping for this particular custom made pin).

Since we are collectors we're not as concerned as the price, right? So... How do they compare?

Well, the "official Disney pins" (official because they have the (c) Disney on the back) are slightly larger and the top bar of the T is 90 degrees down, while the custom made pin offered here is slightly smaller. I can say without a doubt that the pin offered here has MUCH BRIGHTER COLORS (all 3 colors are "brighter"), but the top bar of this pin has the T more like a 135 degree angle down.

I rewatched the tomorrowland trailer 2 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sH0__SpV88 ), and at the 33 second mark you get a really good view of the pin prop used in the movie. To me, it appears that the custom made pin here definitely has the closer actual size and color match to the movie prop over the "official Disney pin", but the "official Disney pin" more accurately has the top shape of the T (notice the 90 degree angles at the end of the top bar versus the custom made pin here?).

Personally, the colors and the size match has me liking this custom one over the "official disney pin". But I was still a little disappointed that the shape of the Top of the T was more accurate on the "official Disney pin". But... I would have NEVER NOTICED if I didn't have both, so there's that... I solved my "problem" by just getting both! :)

Last edited:

The movie pin looks like it has the slant like Rocketeers:

attachment.php

A picture comparison:

IMG_1032.jpg

Last edited:

I took this at the sneak peek at Disneyland.

Seeing this and the clips from the movie that they previewed, there will be multiple versions of the pin used throughout the movie. I saw young Frank wear one with the atomic diagram like the poster, one like my pic, and one like the run here.

Pure speculation, but it seems like there are three significant years in the movie 1964, 1984, and 2014. Maybe each year has a different version???

Just saw the sneak peak today as well, and in the 60s it's really similar to the pin they sell in the park.

allflash.JPGallnoflash.JPG

With all possible respect to the artist, my full Tomorrowland pin collection, with and without flash. Clockwise, starting from the top, the pins are Disney Parks, Singapore Ebay Replica, Moonstone Gems, Funko 1984, Funko 1964, International Promotional, RPF/Etsy, New York Comic Con/Auto Show/Disney Passholder pin. Missing is The Optimist Alternate Reality Game finale pin, which I was not present to recieve even as a full participant, nor able to purchase.

Very pleased and appreciative to receive this beautiful pin, which is the highest quality among my pins collected. The colors are excellent, the weight and depth of the pin are solid and clean, and it just looks awesome! I will be wearing this to our local premier of the film, without question. Thank you!

Looking for an update on pin and SPECTRE ring orders, please. Both placed April 8th.

I have all the licensed one except for the Optimist D23 version. One sold recently on eBay for $ 115 after shipping. It is important to note for those looking that the Chevrolet Pin is the exact same as the Disney Passholders Pin, although the passholder sells for quite a bit more on eBay even though both are the exact same, just a different cardboard backing. If you are just looking for that version, get the Chevy one, much cheaper to do.

The USPS has closed a number of hubs and workers are [protesting causing huge delays. My pins took over three weeks to arrive, so just a heads up for those who are still waiting.

OK I'll send a PM when I can :)
I'm in for two!

Ok the rings take a long time to get molded..we have a jeweler to do that..and this is the wrong thread.. the pins are done but would ship with your ring. I will look into the status and get a PM sent out.
Looking for an update on pin and SPECTRE ring orders, please. Both placed April 8th.

Can you please not post that in my thread.. very uncool.. send a PM if you want to "scoop" my sales..
I have a couple extra Optimist pins. Message me

Yes theres not much we can do about the postal system..it is what it is. :)
I have all the licensed one except for the Optimist D23 version. One sold recently on eBay for $ 115 after shipping. It is important to note for those looking that the Chevrolet Pin is the exact same as the Disney Passholders Pin, although the passholder sells for quite a bit more on eBay even though both are the exact same, just a different cardboard backing. If you are just looking for that version, get the Chevy one, much cheaper to do.

The USPS has closed a number of hubs and workers are [protesting causing huge delays. My pins took over three weeks to arrive, so just a heads up for those who are still waiting.

Apologies. By no mean was I trying to scoop your sales. Your pins are far superior to the others out there and hope I'm able to get a couple as well. Just trying to help out others on the board.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back