Suggestion Too MUCH Iron Man!??

Royal Dump

Idk...it seems everytime I go to the replica costume section at least 1/4th of the threads on the first page are about IRON MAN. :behave

Even though I love Iron man Builds, It must be super annoying to those who are interested in other costume builds! :facepalm And no one wants to join any of those uninhabited iron man cosplay forum sites that kids make.

Perhaps the costume replica forum should be made into a category with sub sections? :love

Like:
-Star Wars
-Marvel
-DC
-Video Game
-Medieval
-Other

etc etc etc.. or whatever, idk, just eat some candy!

Last edited:
I've often wondered this about all the forums on RPF, whether there should be sub-catagories.

This has been talked about at length before. The work involved to move and sort each individual build to categorize them into their sub sections would be tediously long. Not to mention that once sorted, someone would have to moderate each individual post to ensure they are in the correct forum. Really not worth the hassle.

Yes there are a lot of iron man builds, but its just a faze or fad, after a while it will die down. A while back it was master chief, long before that the same with stormtroopers. Just try to pass over the iron man builds in the mean time if it bothers you.

Welsh

This conversation reminded me of the Chinpokomon episode of South Park.

KYLE
Owatta Beikoku!

KYLE'S MOTHER
Kyle, it's over!

KYLE
But I'm gonna be Royal Crown Chinpokomon
Master!

STAN
Dude, Chinpokomon isn't cool anymore.

KYLE
What?

CARTMAN
Yeah, dude, that's way over.

KYLE
Dude, you're just jealous because I'm
Chinpoko Master!

STAN
No, Kyle. You see, we learned something
today. This whole Chinpokomon thing
happened because we all followed the
group. We only liked Chinpokomon because
everyone else did. And look at the damage
it caused.

KYLE
So now I should stop liking Chinpokoman
because you all don't?

STAN
...Ye-eah.

KYLE
But if I stop now, I'll just be going
with the group again. So, to be an individual,
I have to bomb Pearl Harbor. See ya.

STAN
Oh. Wait. Actually, I was wrong. You
see, Kyle, I learned something, just
now. It is good to go with the group.
A group mentality is healthy, sometimes.

KYLE
Aw, screw it; I'm too confused.

RANDY
Well, I'm sure glad this is all over.

But really, fads happen every day. Some just bigger than others. Even looking through your first started thread Royal was about an Iron Man build. It is crazy, but as a new member myself, I enjoy looking at all the builds. I don't know if it will pass or not, but the work is amazing. I actually found this place because of an avengers cap't build from a friend on another site (Actually, an offtopic forum on a goaltending site I participate in).

It is a great question. But yeah, like Welsh said, it would be a big undertaking.
BTW, I do love the foam build Royal. Looks great. Did you ever fix the cracks in the face?

this is the exact reason I havent posted any pics or threads about my Mark VII build, I just feel the entire section is Ironman based right now and then when I post updates in my Bane thread it gets pushed back down because of the ironman stuff.

Being new myself I like the builds being all together, since then I'll click on builds I otherwise would just skip over.

But there is a lot of IM and I'm building a suit too along with a few other props (Uncharted, Skyrim, Infamous)

Being new myself I like the builds being all together, since then I'll click on builds I otherwise would just skip over.

But there is a lot of IM and I'm building a suit too along with a few other props (Uncharted, Skyrim, Infamous)

Infamous... that is something I haven't seen much of. I would love to see what your working on. A Cole costume? His jacket is pretty awesome.

Why would you want to push away something that is really popular? That's a good thing.. Give the people what they want.. Like someone else said, it will eventually die down and be replaced by the next hot thing. Plus if someone is interested in other things that aren't as popular you can always use the Search.. that's what I do anyway.

I would HATE everything to be seperated into subcategories. Maybe some people are very selective in what they're interested in, but I like a lot of different things (i.e. Star Wars, Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, Aliens, Predator, Universal Monsters, Twilight Zone, Hellboy, Ghostbusters, Highlander, Gremlins, and yes, Ironman right now, among many others).

I would HATE to have to go through all the different subcategories to find out what is going on propwise for all my favorite films just because someone couldn't skip over stuff they've seen enough of.

Personally, I don't care for all the paper props since for me they aren't much of a prop, but that's easily remmedied. I "skip over" those titles. Not really that hard.

I would alos hate things sub catergorised. I might miss some awesome builds because I wouldn't even to think to look in some catergories, or might just miss them from it taking to long going through every gatergory.
Yes there are lot of Ironman builds but so what. I would hate to think someone feels like they can not build or post their ironman builds here now because they don;t want to upset anyone.
No one is forcing anyone else to look at build threads they don;t want to.

There's a search function. If you're looking for something in particular (as I usually am), it can be found that way. No need to start categorizing everything. What a nightmare that would be for the mods.

im going to suggest a forum for newbies, where you need to start out with your first build, before you get access to the standard forum. its kind of like a closed registration process, and we would get a lot of those first time builds in a seperate forum :)

What is with the newbies and wanting to change the forums? Cripes guys, you haven't been here a hot minute. This is all part of the ebb and flow of this place. The interest in Iron Man will wane just in time for next year's big hero costume.

If it aint broke and all that. If you dont wanna view Iron Man threads (which i damn well dont lol) then dont look, move on, pass go, collect your 200, ignore.......not really a Mensa set exam is it?

lee

sub forum for all Iron Man threads?

*Edit* I seen this was covered a few pages in. Mods, please feel free to lock or delete.

I've been trolling here and there for awhile now. I came across this site while researching how to do my own IM suit, and must say the wealth of info here is great, and a little overwhelming, especially when it comes to Iron Man and all the different versions that are now out with only more to come with Iron Man 3 & The Avengers sequel.

I would like to suggest a sub forum for all the IM info out there, just because of the scale, complexity, & variations of these builds. I can't think of any other costume that has 7+ variations and as many parts, and not to mention the added complexity of the lighting and motorization that people are adding.

I think it would be helpful, and realize you can't do this for every segment out there for risk of fragmenting the site, but please consider it.

Last edited:
Nah, I mean, if we set up a whole new thing for every Star Wars build then whew! Who knows where we'd be!
It's best to keep everything all in one place, you're just going to have to look harder for things or bookmark the ones you like :)

Personally for me I'm tired of the movie armors and would love to see more comic armors that are old school but the problem with this there are no patterns. The movie costumes have pep files and patterns out the wazoo which makes it easier.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back