Transaction Gone Wrong - Batman Grapple Gun

@micdavis,

I sent you a PM as I like to know exactly what you mean with that Vader items your fiend waited over a year from me as all items I sold I shipped out directly. To say it here absolutly clear I´m NOT Guido Messika (Movie FX) as lot´s of people here thinking that I´m that guy but I´m not. My name is Guido Kohlen and I have nothing to do with this other guy.

IF this is true then I apologize. Seems pretty odd two guy from Germany in the prop biz, both named Guido. But stranger things have happened.

Thanks again for all the support guys. I still need some time to parse through Guido's responses, though it looks like he's still giving the same kind of runaround he gave me when the transaction took place.

So while it may take a miracle for me to actually get a refund, as that would mean Guido would need to admit he made a mistake, it's nice to see so many fellow collectors who are NOT going to stand idly by while a seller runs roughshod over fundamental ethics.

In typical RPF fashion, I will tackle Guido's claims one at a time. For those of you with popcorn, don't forget the butter!!! :)

Next thing I would say this 89 speargun was an original SDS speargun that I bought about 3 years ago myself for over $1000,- with exactly the informations that Matt or any other person got from me as this item was on sale.

The difference is that you marketed the piece, and confirmed to me numerous times, that the it was ALL metal. Not just a couple of metal parts, but ALL metal. Once the piece arrived, you continued to claim that it was all metal. It was not. This is a "case closed" issue.

But I have another question to you all if you would sale something and after that the üeerson who got it told you hey I unscrewed the hole thing and it´s not complete metal you realy like to take it back if someone else has it screwed into single items right??? I never have touched that thing or unscrewed anything it only was lying behind glas and I never played with it that it was in perfect conditions as I shiped it out.

Well, let's look at the facts again. Had I DESTROYED or DAMAGED the gun, then yes, you might have a defensable position here. But please try and remember the time line, and the context here. After numerous attempts via email to explain to you that the piece was not ALL METAL, I had to figure out some way to convince you. So I unscrewed four screws, removed a free-floating (ie, not glued down) metal plate, and took some photos of the screw holes, which clearly showed tan resin with grey primer.

Seeing as how my hobby for the past 15 or so years has been building props, and I've been building model kits and other such nonsense since I was about five, I'm 100% confident in my ability to remove some screws without damaging an item.

My read on the situation is that you claimed the disassembly was the final nail in the coffin, and was the FINAL proof/reason you needed not to provide a refund. You took it as justification for telling me "this deal is done for me", which is TOTALLY unacceptable, as the piece was not damaged in any way.

The thing about you Matt is your are calling me a bad apple and yourself take money for items you are selling and never shipped them out but that´s O.K. or what??? I also know some people that bought items from you but still over a xyear of wait and wromg promisses nothing arrived and that´s cool right???

AH YES! let the mud slinging begin. I have done my absolute best to complete every transaction I have EVER been involved with. Why don't you have theses people email me, PM me, or better yet, post here so I can clear this up. Because for the life of me, I don't know of ANY outstanding transcations I have right now. So please, put your money where your mouth is and deliver these "Some people" to me. I want to either fix an unknown situation, or set the record straight.

Yeah I know you might known much better here as my person and that´s fine but that counts nothing as if you like I also could give names here from persons who have had or still have problems with you and that´s a fact.

If it's a fact, please prove it. If only so I can help those folks get closure.

Oh and BTW as you got my 89 Ninja wheel I was the best in Batman props you knowed and now I´m the biggest ******* on earth right for an item I never made myself and sold it exactly as I got it.

If I read that right, you're saying that I am happy with the ninja wheel I purchased off you, and I'm not happy with the speargun? If that's the correct interpretation, then yes, you are EXACTLY right. And I don't see how those facts are contradictory. My first transaction with you was a good one. The item was exactly as described, and very well made. The second transaction was not the same. So yes, you did indeed go from being an excellent seller to a rip-off seller... in my book. Not sure why that is worthy of note.

And guido, I think you are REALLY missing the point here. My claim is not that you sold me something different from how you originally recieved it. that's what your last sentance seems to say. that is NOT what I am claiming. The piece looks like it just came out of SD's workshop. But that's not the point. You claimed that it was all metal, and confirmed that for me in email numerous times. When it arrived, our dialog continued, with you claiming again and again that it was indeed all metal.

The reason I purchased this piece of you was because of your claim that it was all metal.

That´s all I have to say about all this here because it´s so absolutly typical here whta´s going on.

You mean to say it's typical that an RPF member starts a thread to "out" a seller who ripped him off, and then the community rallies around them in a show of support??? THAT'S what's typical?? If so, then I've got to start hanging around here more often! I have confessed previously that I was disappointed with the way the other forum decided to handle my complaint, which was to delete the thread. But hey, it was in their CoC, and they have different motivations than the administration team over here. And by that, I mean they are passionately vigilant about not bringing down the wrath of WB, who has consistently proven to be overzealous in their protection of the Batman franchise. So while it sucks, it is the CoC, and they are free to enforce it as they see fit.

The only thing I´m thinking about maybe I also should start treads about aall these persons here on the boards were i have had bad deals with maybe that is the way to go.

I agree completely. If you have a bad transaction, and you feel that an opportunity to get closure may come from opening a thread like this, I wholeheartedly encourage you to do so. Many board members have found closure to age-old transactions gone bad, often for big sums of money, via threads like this.

Though I will be quick to point out the contradictory nature of your last two statements. The first one is a complaint about the state of the board, the second is a suggestion that you will participate in that which you despise. Oh well.

So and now I gave you all another story as it´s very easy because the reason why Matt is makeing this trouble now is very easy. He knows that I´m working on an own full metall functionell 89 Speargun replica with real moveing parts and that´s what he´s after now. But after all that trouble and things he wrote to me (and BTW Matt I also still have all your emails with your friendly words in there) I told him totaaly clear thaat I would not change the SDS for one of my own full functionell replicas and than he told me he would start that war against me and I never wwould sell anything again here on that board or any other board he knows. Yes that is realy grwon up from him right??? But fine anyone should have hiss own thoughts and I put not a gun on anyones cheest to buy something from me so if anyone feels not fine he does not have to take anything from my items very easy.

Not really sure how this is relevant to the fact that you misrepresented yourself, but it does remind me of a few details of the transaction that are worth mentioning. Sadly, they do not work in your favor.

When Guido first offered the gun, I emailed him and EXPLICITLY asked if he was going to do a run of metal spear guns. I had recently purchased one of his 89 ninja wheels, and was very happy with it. I figured he had the "chops" to produce a good metal speargun, so I asked.

He told me he was NOT planning to do a run of spear guns.

This turned out to be another one of the reasons I jumped on the gun. (no pun intended). Not only did I always want a metal one, but I didn't want to miss out on the chance to own a one-off.

Shortly after making payment for the gun, Guido announced on the BOTB that he was doing a run of all metal spear guns, and showed off a number of his CAD drawings for the project.

Here's how I interpret these actions: Guido wanted to unload the resin SDStudios gun that he used to pattern his all metal gun off, as he no longer needed it. He told me he was not going to do a run, as he figured I would wait for a kit.

So there's another angle of duplicity to this transaction! Thanks for the reminder, Guido.

And Guido, I encourage you to post any and all of the emails I sent you. My only request is that if you post one, you post them all. Or if you post just one, post it in its entirety. Because what those emails will show are my desperate attemtps to talk some sense about the gun, and how you misrepresented it.

And yes, I did indeed mention that I would do everything in my power to ensure that either the transaction was set straight, or as many people as possible knew about how you wronged me. I make no apologies for that. And look... her I am, following through on my promises. The fact that you seem to have no concept of customer service, or any notion of public relations is unfortunate for you, and I feel that the rest of the forum sees that now.

I wont beat a dead horse, but Guido sends the refund and Matt sends back the gun.

Pretty easy.

Guido then relists it as a resin SDS batman blaster.:thumbsup

resells.:thumbsup

No need for popcorn... At least in fantasy land.:wacko

Matt, I hope you get closure. Sucks to not get what you paid for.
Guido... Customer service man. Just refund the money and get your blaster back.

O.K. Matt it was not easy for me to read all that here at my holiday place but I did.

What I would explain now is exactly what is fact and I would not stay one milimeter besides these facts.

I bought this original SDS 89 speargun over 3 years ago exactly from this board here for over $1000,- as I already wrote in one of my answears before.
At this time I bought this gun exactly as a full metall 89 speargun nothing more or less. The item arrived and I have put it behind glass to my other Batman collection items.
About one year ago I was able to get another SDS 89 speargun in lots of single items not finished complete made of resin. That resin one was the one that I used as main templates for my new functionell 89 speargun but the one I started on my own would have nothing to do anymore with the SDS one as I have had to change allmoost over 80% of the measurements to get were I need to be to have it correct made to the working original prop that was used in the movie.
But what I try to explain is that the complete finished SDS speargun that I sold you weights 4 time as much as the complete resin set I have had. So for me it was clearly a full metal one and I belived the seller who sold it to me 3 years ago.
Also I told you that I never played with it or unscrewed it so in my eyes it was absolutly clear a metal one not resin.

Oh and for all other that are now trying to put me in the corner that I should give Matt a refund if you would buy something from anyone and after you got it you would unscrew it do you realy think that the seller or any other person whould take it back or would give e refund??? No they would not to say it loud and clear.

That hole tread here goes exactly how I thought it would go poeple that did not know me calling me a bad apple because they think I would be another german who is very well known here (Guidon Messika) for his bad reputation.

So it´s easy to start posts like they were made here about a bad deal with a friend of him about VADER items his friend waited over a year for and it was not me but now it´s written here black on white and so other written here yeah sounds like a big ...hole that guy and he would come on my blacklist. Great for people that I never talked or have done bussines with before that they exactly know who I´m.

Oh and about your infos Matt that I maybe also should start treads like this about deals that dod not work and were I loost lots of money I only have to say no I´m sorry it´s not nesseray for me to do this as I´m a 40 years old man that could very good handle hos problems on his own without going to any baords and starting treads like that to get attention from all others.

Guido

Last edited:
Oh one more thing before I would forget it yes I showed a lot of CAD drawings on the BOTB and also the first prototype pieces but also till now I never wrote clear that this functionell 89 speargun would 100% have a go or I would ever made a run as the tread I started was an info tread were I also asked my freinds at the BOTB for help and infos and that´s all.

Greetings Guido

O

Oh and for all other that are now trying to put me in the corner that I should give Matt a refund if you would buy a MR or other prop piece and after you got it you would unscrew it do you realy think MR or any other person whould take it back or would give e refund??? No they would not to say it loud and clear.

Guido

not wanting to get involved... but....

master replica's or other reputable dealers wouldnt false advertise

ty very much razorsharp192 for your info and I already changed what I wrote about MR on my post. But to tell you the truth I was already waiting on a comment like this from anyone.

Greetings Guido

I try to not involve myself in such situations, but here's how I see it:

The buyer was sold a misrepresented item.

That's it. There's nothing else to it. It doesn't matter if the seller thought it was metal, it doesn't matter if the seller himself purchased it under false pretenses.

Don't burden someone else with your error, TK-4140. A big part of selling is being accountable for the items you send out. By being unwilling to take back the item for a refund, it makes you look like you knew the item was not as advertised.

If I were to unknowingly sell a Horizon RoboCop kit as a Max Factory kit, I'd take it back without a second thought if the buyer told me so.

YES I sold it to Matt as a metal speargun with exactly the same infos I got when I bought the item. Than we have the fact that this speargun weights 4 times as much as the complete resin kit I have had (with all screws and everything on the table).
He self told me that allmoost all parts are metal only the main body were the handle is screwed on should be resin. So the complete top piece (as you could push it into 2 pieces) is metal, the spear is metal the handle is metal and only one pice is resin and this I should have known. Wow so I must have been a magician to know that.

Oh and once again ty very much Neon Sentry to let it look like I sold that item with full known that it is not a full metall item WHAT I DID NOT KNOW BEFORE!!!

Guido

Last edited:
And using the excuse of Matt removing the screws as an indictment of "destroying the item" is a HUGE cop-out.

Oh and once again ty very much Neon Sentry to let it look like I sold that item with full known that it is not a full metall item WHAT I DID NOT KNOW BEFORE!!!

That's not what I said at all. I believe you when you say that you didn't know it had resin parts. What I did say, however, was that your refusal to make good on your error gives the impression that you were not being honest from the start.

Mistakes happen all the time, and they are unfortunate, but you're making another mistake by not taking the item back and issuing a refund.

I honestly find it hard to believe you had no idea it wasen't metal, and are using weight as the sole contributing factor. So now your story is that you are just as much of a victim as Matt is, because you bought this gun thinking it was metal, put it behind glass and never touched it untill now so you sold it with the same specs as when you bought it.

Well, the bottom line is that you should have made sure of what you we're selling before you sold it, because now you're liable for it. If you didn't know at the time, regardless of how hard I find that to believe, then you still had plenty of time to make this right by giving him a refund once you found out.

I try to not involve myself in such situations, but here's how I see it:

The buyer was sold a misrepresented item.

That's it. There's nothing else to it. It doesn't matter if the seller thought it was metal, it doesn't matter if the seller himself purchased it under false pretenses.

Don't burden someone else with your error, TK-4140. A big part of selling is being accountable for the items you send out. By being unwilling to take back the item for a refund, it makes you look like you knew the item was not as advertised.

If I were to unknowingly sell a Horizon RoboCop kit as a Max Factory kit, I'd take it back without a second thought if the buyer told me so.

Spot on, and the excuse about not taking it back because he unscrewed a plate is bogus too, why did he unscrew it ? to prove to you it was all resin because you refused to believe him and give the refund.

If Matt has a SD studios speargun that is resin + the one he got from Guido couldn't he just post a picture of them on a scale and see if one weighs 4x as much as the other?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back