Tremors Kevin Bacon Valentine McKee Heart-Shaped Belt Buckle

Lt Washburn

Sr Member
I was watching this movie and got a little curious about the belt buckle Kevin Bacon was wearing as the character Valentine McKee. It was heart-shaped and looked to be silver.

Tremors Kevin Bacon Barrel Racing Heart Buckle German Silver 2.jpg

Tremors Kevin Bacon Barrel Racing Heart Buckle German Silver 3.jpg

A little poking around and I was able to partially match it to an example I found for sale on eBay.

Tremors Kevin Bacon Barrel Racing Heart Buckle German Silver eBay 1 C.jpg

Tremors Kevin Bacon Barrel Racing Heart Buckle German Silver eBay 1 I.jpg

Turns out it's a barrel racing rodeo buckle. The one I found almost matched the screencaps, except for missing the banner element at the bottom, and it was unmarked except for the "GERMAN SILVER" on the back. However, I did find that the horse rider and barrel elements were common to a bunch of other buckles of different designs, such as ovals or rectangles, and often included the banner. I don't know if this means all the buckles originate from the same source, or if these decorative elements were common amongst different buckle makers.

Most of the other buckles just say, "GERMAN SILVER", but others have marks like "Rockmount Denver, Colo. Nickel Silver" and "German Silver by Tony Sanra" (or "Tony Lama" according to one description).

Tremors Kevin Bacon Barrel Racing Heart Buckle German Silver eBay Similar 1 A.jpg

Tremors Kevin Bacon Barrel Racing Heart Buckle German Silver eBay Similar 3 A.jpg

Tremors Kevin Bacon Barrel Racing Heart Buckle German Silver Tony Lama or Sanra eBay Similar 1 C.jpg

Tremors Kevin Bacon Barrel Racing Heart Buckle Nickel Silver Rockmount Denver eBay Similar 1 A.jpg

Tremors Kevin Bacon Barrel Racing Heart Buckle Nickel Silver Rockmount Denver eBay Similar 1 D.jpg

Tremors Kevin Bacon Barrel Racing Heart Buckle Nickel Silver Rockmount Denver eBay Similar 2 A.jpg

Anyway, I thought I'd post this in case anyone was a big fan of the movie and might be interested in finding one.

I missed this detail. There has to be lost backstory to the item since this is not likely a man's belt buckle and unlikely for a man to wear.

Just guessing: it probably is one of the only items he inherited from his mother.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back