Uncharted 2: Among Theives

d_jedi1

Sr Member
I'm thinking about putting together a copy of the journal Nathan Drake kept in Uncharted 2: Among Theives. I tried to take photos of the journal but a combination of my crappy tv and crappy camera did not yield good results. Therefore, I did a google search and turned up with these screen caps.
They seem to be a bit narrow, like someone took a wide-screen image and made it the same ratio as standard def.
picture01.jpg

picture02.jpg

picture03.jpg

picture04.jpg

picture05.jpg

picture06.jpg

picture07.jpg

picture08.jpg

picture09.jpg

picture10.jpg

picture11.jpg

picture12.jpg

picture13.jpg

picture14.jpg

picture15.jpg

picture16.jpg

picture17.jpg

picture18.jpg

picture19.jpg

picture20.jpg

picture21.jpg

picture22.jpg

picture23.jpg

picture24.jpg

picture25.jpg

picture26.jpg

picture27.jpg

picture28.jpg

if I have to guess, I would think it's one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Moleskine-Sketchbook-Pocket/dp/8883701054
in a dark (navy?) blue. I'll have to check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Uncharted 2 Drake's Journal

Interesting project.

IIRC the Moleskine books only come in black and you will have to cover it.
You can find them at Barnes ans Noble Book stores in the stationary section.

There should be some ideas on weathering the pages on this site.

D6

Last edited:

Great idea, from the best game I've played on the PS3. I absolutley love this game!
I've completed the game on 'Normal,' and now on level 23 on 'Hard.'

Looking forward to see how this project develops...

I'm halfway considering trying to scrounge up reference from his journal in the first game although it might be easier to just assume that they were different journals and treat them as such.
I'm a bogus gamer.. I always do a "trial run" on the easiest setting and then do a proper run on the harder ones. I'm right at the end on Normal right now and honestly, it was harder on easy.
I agree about it being the best game out on PS3 at the moment. My first PS3 game was Drake's Fortune, and I need to break that one out sometime soon to earn some more trophies :p

edit: I'm also considering trying to make the map from this game that only showed in certain (UV?) light. Maybe pick up a Purbah Dagger to go with them.

got some of the pics from the journal
UnchartedPic.jpg

This APPEARS to be similar to the Elena pic in the journal.. perhaps not the same, but close.
img003-1025.jpg

I couldn't find a "good" version of the Sully pic from here
3994407833_cb8348bc87_o.jpg

so I'm considering using a cropped version of this
3337986apestado.jpg

I don't think this next one IS in the game but might make a nice addition to his journal, all things considered.
istanbul-dolmabahce-sarayi-east-gro.jpg

The bits intended to be from a hindu (or whatever) book, I think I'm going to make look like they were cut from a scroll.
P1070301.jpg

P1070302.jpg

It may not be 100% accurate but it makes more sense to me than taping the pages in showing only one side, hiding whatever is on the back that may be of relevance.

Last edited:
Right, so I did some work in, well microsoft paint to be honest. :lol Anyway, I came up with this.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/d_jedi1/Uncharted/sullyelena-a.jpg
Printed it up at Wal-Mart and it came out like this
P1070316.jpg

As you can see, I need to work on the pic of Nate and Sully.
While I need to add the hindu/tibetan (not sure which or if theres much of a difference) images to the "scroll" here is how the paper for it turned out.
P1070315.jpg

and here is what I have done (so far)
P1070317.jpg

P1070318.jpg

I know the Elena pic is a bit big, but it doesn't bother me, I like that it's easily visible.
Anyone wanting to make one of these, feel free to use the pics here.
If you have your own/better ones, feel free to add them :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am playing Uncharted 1 right now and had the idea to do the diary right from the beginning. unfortunately I am not able to make high res screenshots.
anyone who can make good pictures of all szenes with that diary from Uncharted 1 or 2 could please help out ?

Yeah, after seeing this thread I was looking to pick up the games till I found out they are exclusive to the PS3.:angry:thumbsdown
Games exclusives to only one system are total BS.

D6

Yeah, after seeing this thread I was looking to pick up the games till I found out they are exclusive to the PS3.:angry:thumbsdown
Games exclusives to only one system are total BS.

D6

Yeah, i was the same, Thought the game was released on PC but :angry

The pages that are taped in from a holy book appear to be from a codex. This was actually a scroll that was folded; "covers" (two separate pieces) were actually glued to the front and back page, and the whole thing bound with twine or silk strips. So, I think your idea of a "scroll" is spot on. As such, it's quite likely that there isn't anything on the "back sides" of the pages.

As a huge fan of the Indy Grail diary, I'm paying careful attention here!

Last edited:
I just came across your progress over on COW.
Looking good.

What kind of coffee did you use to weather your pages?
They have a nice color to them.
Also did you bake them?

D6

I just used cheap store brand powdered coffee that my wife has in the cabinet. Didn't bake them, just let them air-dry.
I did a dark coat out toward the edges/moving inward.. front and back. then I did a second coat (once the first was mostly dry) closer to the edges. once it was all close to dry I added a small amount of water and did everything.
It's all brush applied although on the first coat, I used a tooth-brush to add to the effect. Some of that was for a fine misting and some was for larger drops.

Can someone post HI REZ pictures from the diary ???

With a keyboard connected to the PS3, press printscreen and the picture is on your HD.

Please, Please ...:cry

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back