[update 06/11: Mjolnir done!] Avengers movie props Mjolnir/shield- WIP (pics heavy)

Re: [update 06/11: Mjolnir done!] Avengers movie props Mjolnir/shield- WIP (pics heav

wow, i love both of those, but the mjolnir handle is extremely nice! wonderful work there!

Re: [update 06/11: Mjolnir done!] Avengers movie props Mjolnir/shield- WIP (pics heav

Great job!! That Mjolnir looks great, the strap and stitching look fantastic!!!

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with the shield.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm also very excited to see how the shield will look like when I'll be done with it ! Hopefully I'll get something as beautiful as Valor's one.

That really turned out awesome!!! I think I may steal that base idea for mine. For some reason my Great Stuff mud tower just looks like a pile of crap. LOL

I have to admit it : it was supposed to be a nice smooth black base like in my first post picture, but I could not get flat sides with what I used, which is 3 layers of yellow polystyrene foam with some steel weight and bondo around the edges, but no matter how hard I sanded it, it just wasn't flat so I thought what the heck, it kinda looks like rock to me, let's paint it like a rock then !
It would be easier in wood, but I don't have any power saw bigger than a dremmel right now and didn't want to buy one, so I just leave it like this, it doesn't look too bad.
I also made an estimation to 3D print the base in plastic, as I'm familiar with 3D modeling, but 300 $ for the base is a bit much for a 60$ hammer :lol
Good luck with yours ;)

Where are form? I just wonder if i buy that shield on ebay,can they send it here in hong kong?

I think that is probably a question that you should ask the eBay seller...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back