Announcement Updated Header

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Over the past few weeks we have been making a number of minor changes to the look and feel of the site in an effort to make it more user friendly. Today we are taking a slightly larger step than usual with a redesigned header that tightens up the top of the page and places the SEARCH bar conspicuously at the top of the page. This layout was developed by myself and GINO and was coded by dr_slurpee.

Additionally, Gino has created over 50 all new banners for the header (with more to come).

We hope you like this update and hope that it continues to improve your ability to find the things that are important to you here on the site.

Last edited:
Yeah, I love it... but it still has issues... Sometimes it looks normal, and sometimes like this:

Banner Problem.png

It flips back and forth between the two.

The header has messed up a few times for me on my phone, but closing safari and reopening the RPF seems to fix it.

The only issue I've had with the new header is the drop-down menu buttons seem to be a little closer to the top banner and usually I can hit the required buttons on my phone without zooming but they are so close to the banner now I've clicked the banner by mistake more than I usually do.

The header has messed up a few times for me on my phone, but closing safari and reopening the RPF seems to fix it.

The only issue I've had with the new header is the drop-down menu buttons seem to be a little closer to the top banner and usually I can hit the required buttons on my phone without zooming but they are so close to the banner now I've clicked the banner by mistake more than I usually do.

Not sure what to tell you on that. They actually are exactly the same distance as before; 20px... We have determined 20px is about the minimum distance that you can click on something accurately.

It might just be my fingers. I noticed it today as I kept hitting the top banner a few times in a row trying to access the drop down menu and upon inspection noticed the change.

I'm convinced you make these changes just to throw us off. :lol

Search bar above the banner is a bit weird but otherwise I'm indifferent to the change. Doesn't bother me.

You sir, use a very famous social media page that has this same "search at the top" approach... ;) Should be second-nature.

Since everyone is liking it, i feel it's my duty to complain! :lol

It sucks, blablabla, my eyes hurt, blablabla, Arttouchesmeatnightomghelpme, blablabla, this is SO confusing, blablabla, wheresmymultilayoutoptionseriouslysickofaskingomg, blablabla, check out my iron man costume new thread epic build.

But on a serious note, thank you and keep up the great work everyone! GO The RPF! :)

Actually I love it! The menu bar doesn't looks squished together - before the redesign "Store" was lying under the thread seach box, I haven't tried out the big search bar, maybe I'll do it later. Inbox, User CP, Settings and Logoff are very well designed! Thank you both!

UX Designer? You have my attention!

Yep. Started off as a graphic designer, moved to web design. Did that at University of Michigan for years, then got into UX. Now I'm doing instructional design. I'm just a design maniac. :)

I haven't yet looked from my tablets, I've been using taptalk for that, but will check it out on there as well once I get a chance to delve into it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back