USS SULACO by mirektuner / Jan Rükr / 1:320 Tuning

mirektuner

USS SULACO by mirektuner / Jan Rükr / 1:320 Tuning

20101225220142-99047-v.jpg

The movie prop was constructed for James Cameron´s ALIENS (1986) movie. Syd Mead is responsible for the design and Skotak Brothers for the construction. Interesting Thing is, that the rail-guns positions were changed and the whole model is detailed from the right side only.

In the story is the ship assigned as a transport for colonial Marines (USCM-United States Colonial Marines), which must investigate, what happened with the colony on the LV426. That´s all to the movie line. In the bigger perspective there is no proper (correct) information. Most fans disagree on the major details of the back story. Personally, the only things that I can state are facts that were mentioned in the movie. So, the U.S.S. Sulaco is a little bit over 731 meters in length, carry two of the UD-4L Drop-ships (I can tolerate 4). The hangar for the drop-ships is over 80 meters in length. By the number of EEV vehicles we can calculate hypothetical capacity to 100 people. There are 30 crew members confirmed (two drops with 15 people). In the front hull there are 5 hangars for incoming ships. Two Portal ramps operated in front of the hangar doors on each side of the ship. Other functions are unknown. How is artificial gravity works, What kind of engines the ship have?..And so on. From the outer signs we can guess something about the weapons (cannons, rail-guns, partial beams), or engine character (rounded reactor with the " cooling tower")

20101225221905-99059-v.jpg
20101225221835-99058-v.jpg

U.S.S. Sulaco the is first ship of three (Sulaco, Sulaco3, Patna) paper-models, which will be downloadable here piece by piece trough time. Model has dirty navy blue camouflage. There is an Add-on in the shape of two drop-ships known as Bug Stopper 01 & Smart Ass 02 and an emergency escape vehicle - The BD-409 EEV in new and destroyed. All kits are designed to be printed on A4 format paper. The completed ship will be 175cm in this scale and printing settings. If you want to know more about printing or you have another question, first visit F.A.Q. section. You can find all of the models in the " Download" section

http://www.sulaco.cz/uss_sulaco.html#
Side plates with ship logo
Group 02 is not too hard to build. Level of difficulty is 2/5. That one point is for small parts. The whole group has 18 parts on 3 sheets

20101225212828-99044-v.jpg
20101225212805-99043-v.jpg

20101225212742-99042-v.jpg
20101225232657-99067-v.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Moreover, tuning plates glued marked by arrows. Dry stacked logo with parts of the ship.

Rozněry plates length of 47.9 cm
height 8.8 cm
1 cm width

Hey Mirektuner,

welcome to the RPF. I have never seen a card model this large. I had to reread the introduction a few times to make sure I saw it correctly: 175cm. Man, that is one huge paper model!

Concerning the subject matter, I've always liked the USS SULACO, even though it looks like an architectural exercise in parallel linear elements. The design does look like a real ship.

I may just have to print this one out and attempt it too.

Barry.

Hey Mirektuner,

welcome to the RPF. I have never seen a card model this large. I had to reread the introduction a few times to make sure I saw it correctly: 175cm. Man, that is one huge paper model!

Concerning the subject matter, I've always liked the USS SULACO, even though it looks like an architectural exercise in parallel linear elements. The design does look like a real ship.

I may just have to print this one out and attempt it too.

Barry.

I'll SULACA to model A3 and G250 and with 1:320 měřídku That Will Be the model and two meters long and 20 cm model Will Completely vystužovat SULACO cardboard model of a boat so I Tunit vydět the structure of the ship.

Very interesting. I noticed the numbers in the dl section jump from 19 to 27 I downloaded all the files I am planning on doing the Sulaco3. I didn't rummage through all of them but is it a complete model at this point or are there sections that still need to be made?

Thanks for offering this.

Very interesting. I noticed the numbers in the dl section jump from 19 to 27 I downloaded all the files I am planning on doing the Sulaco3. I didn't rummage through all of them but is it a complete model at this point or are there sections that still need to be made?

Thanks for offering this.

This year is the year of u.s.s.Sulaco completition

Great! I think once all the files are available and I can get this assembled I will scratch some sintra parts and paint to match to give it some pop and detail..maybe scratch the gun etc..This will be the closest I get to having one so thank you again...

I'm looking at halving the size of the blue prints then, making it using styrene.

Am I being too ambitious ?

cheers.

The first fourteen days are over, and the new unusual Group 05 is ready for you. Why Group no.05? The answer is simple again. :eek:) This is the group that concurs to side plates (02) released last time.

hi there this looks great. can you ask your partner Jan Rükr if he is ever going to finish his Handleys Hope colony model as i would love to have a full model. please its one of the coolest paper models ive ever seen.

hi there this looks great. can you ask your partner Jan Rükr if he is ever going to finish his Handleys Hope colony model as i would love to have a full model. please its one of the coolest paper models ive ever seen.

jj ask but I will finish when the colony must now finish sulaco

Evidence that all the cubes vystužuji ship sulaco A note with cardboard cardboard stick tape style obostraná it saves a lot of time not to wait until the glue dries

Dimensions 1 cubes
length of 14.5 cm
width of 15.5 cm
výška10, 5 cm

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back