warlickjacoby's IRON MAN MARK IV. (ALMOST DONE.)

Re: warlickjacoby's IRON MAN MARK IV. (updated 1-23-11)

Okay , so i rushed and finished it last night. it wasnt pretty and im goint to redo some areas. but i was a big hit at school
ill post pics in the coming hours!

Re: warlickjacoby's IRON MAN MARK IV. (updated 1-23-11)

Here are some pics from school, everyone was impressed.
we slapped together a quick and dirty warmachine for my buddy too.
ironmaninthehall.jpg

ironmanandwarmachine.jpg

i need to strap the thighs because they kept falling down.
i also had to improvise for a neck seal/:
and im going to redo the abs.

oh! and any thoughs on how i should seal it. because the paint would rub off with friction of the pieces??

Thanks! -Jacoby

WOW! Great improvement!!!!

So what was your estimated timeframe from start to finish?
What kinda glue did you use on the foam?

Thanks!
Umm it took me around two weeks of work here and there for about five hours at a time...
I already had the helmet completed for the most part.
I used normal ole hot glue. If you hold the two pieces together for a while it kinda melts the pieces together which is pretty cool,
Although my abs did end up ripping because i had to take them off and put them back on for each of my classes so i could fit in the desk :lol

And, yeah i considered plastidip, but i would think that it would peal off of the foam easily:unsure

but i think my next IM will be pep (even though i have been avoiding it haha)

This looks pretty cool for the timescale you did it in.
I look forward to seeing you make more abs and a neckseal.
Big Thumbs Up!

@TkRalph
I used a crappy one dollar three LED tap light and then a clear plastic fruit cup (that i spray painted white) and then on top of that just a thin piece of random plastic(that was also spray painted white), it dispersed the light pretty well, i might go back and actually make an arc reactor, who knows.

@MykiiAmore
Thanks man, yeah im really craving to pep something. so i might pep the neckseal then have a friend make a latex mold for it then get a few latex neck seals, and im going to have to rethink the abs all together because mobility was pretty limited/:
Im glad you started a thread on your progress! ill be checking it often!

@MykiiAmore
Thanks man, yeah im really craving to pep something. so i might pep the neckseal then have a friend make a latex mold for it then get a few latex neck seals, and im going to have to rethink the abs all together because mobility was pretty limited/:
Im glad you started a thread on your progress! ill be checking it often!

Cheers Warlick.
It could be a while before it is anywhere near finished but looking forward to getting it done. But hopefully will see progress from you soon as like the idea of the Latex Neckseal as I've not thought about my neckseal yet as Not been able to build it due to lack of cardstock (ARGH!)
Keep up the great work.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back