Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS!

Re: Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS

Well I'm just like a kid who can't wait till Christmas...

And after Playskool2000's photos I think the game is over ;O)

Here is my entry:

the 'BEEFMAKER III' - a laboratory modification by Sir Tennyson Bonaparte Loin.

rightprofilesmall.jpg

leftprofilesmall.jpg

frontright34small.jpg

frontleft34small.jpg

detail1small.jpg

detail2small.jpg

rearleft34small.jpg

detail3small.jpg

Re: Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS

Don't cut your self short minifig that thing is awesome!!

You guys are funny. You do realise you have not seen 75% of the entries!!!

Thats what makes it worse!

Yeah, I think you guys are selling yourselves short because I posted towards the end. Minifig, the Beefmaker is amazing. I'm having one of those "I wish I thought of that" moments.

We've seen about 44 entries. I just counted.

I guess we have seen 44!! They were so stretched out i forgot about some and it didn't seem like that many.

The beefmaker is gorgeous....I'd love to see it with the wood stained a deep reddish/brown. Really nice.

Weathering the wood was one of the things i had to sacrifice due to my bad time management! Its still the photography that im actually most disappointed in myself with. I'm definately going to be spending some more time on the beefmaker painting once ive settled down a bit!

Last edited:

Weathering the wood was one of the things i had to sacrifice due to my bad time management! Its still the photraphy that im actually most disappointed in myself with. I'm definately going to be spending some more time on the beefmaker painting once ive settled down a bit!
Taking a good photo is harder than I thought it would be, but to me your pics look great, I can see lots of detail, and the gun is awesome! Please post when you finish the paint.

These were my final submission pics. You guys have me fairly beaten but it was a whole lot of fun to make! :D

These were my final submission pics. You guys have me fairly beaten but it was a whole lot of fun to make! :D
Don't discount the simple brutality of this. It's like a grizzled soldier looked at the Bison and said "That's some good science, but what if I need to beat something to death for food?" I love it.

Ok folks, this is probably my third post on the RPF, though I've been lurking around for almost a year now. Let's see if I can load in some pictures properly:

7441-created-dr-grordbort-contest.jpg

7442-created-dr-grordbort-contest.jpg

7443-created-dr-grordbort-contest.jpg

7444-created-dr-grordbort-contest.jpg

Did it work?

Just checked out your website and album. I've added you to my contacts. Love the headgear and creatures. Hope to place an order or two for some of your works.

thud.gif

These beasties are B E A U T I F U L
rock.gif

Last edited:

Some of these guns just blow my mind. People on here have done such a good job that if by some fluke I won, I would actually be mad, and write a letter to the judges. How ridiculous. Nice job gents.

Last edited:

Do you think Weta would be interested in offering the naked Bison for modding as a regular item perhaps unassembled and just in a plain box? This contest makes me want to do some more, even a painted one for an art/charity event like the Vader helmets.

Or maybe not, I've been doing this without the Bison. And I think it was harder for me to alter the existing than start from scratch. :wacko

@Tack, that is intimidating, finish it off!

MAn - this thread just gets better and better with each new finished gun picture set.

I do tend to agree with the popular acclaim on who has 'nailed' the specific look, but then so many new looks have also been created.

I will say it again - we need a book of these finished guns, even if we all just use the photos we submitted or choose to get better ones - a record of this excellent work is warranted.

Given Weta's geographic location - perhaps the book could be titled

'Once Were Bisons'.

:lol
yup...has to happen. All the ideas have merit :)

Love the pun btw
thumbsup.gif

MAn - this thread just gets better and better with each new finished gun picture set.

I do tend to agree with the popular acclaim on who has 'nailed' the specific look, but then so many new looks have also been created.

I will say it again - we need a book of these finished guns, even if we all just use the photos we submitted or choose to get better ones - a record of this excellent work is warranted.

Given Weta's geographic location - perhaps the book could be titled

'Once Were Bisons'.

Not just geographic location... Weta actually did some special make-up effects - mainly on Rena Owen's face after she disagreed with Jake... Great name for a book.

Hey - I'm looking to send out a Dr Grordbort's newsletter (Postal P.I.G.E.O.N.) shortly - is there a separate thread with just a showcase?

I have to be honest and say I am absolutely flabberghasted at the quality of the submissions. So much contrapulatronic scrumptiousness! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Cheers
Magnus
Weta Bloke

Awesome stuff ! It's great to see all the different designs and styles that are out there.

Let's do it again !!!

As others have said: Thanks to Weta for doing this and the RPF for hosting.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back