What’s your FAVORITE movie/tv weapon?

I was 4 or 5 years old when the He-Man toys came out and I had that toy sword where half was silver and the other was yellow or purple. Because I had gotten this for my birthday, my friend's mom got him the same set so we could play He-Man. We promptly started wailing on each other and someone ended up getting whacked in the head and I had to go home. :lol:

Yep, it's not a decent toy weapon if you can't whack somebody over the head with it!

The little sword half that came with the Skeletor toy figure was purple, like the rest of his weapons. But the Skeletor half was glow-in-the-dark yellow in the big weapon playset. That's why your memory is conflicting on the color.

LHuvm6f7EPyswrjbo3yEoo70CvnmHObNaDZGRHCCY&usqp=CAU.jpg
-9tI-SYlhitaNDSOw4OzrXr0PPI57mcICuEZWKJC4&usqp=CAU.jpg

Yep, it's not a decent toy weapon if you can't whack somebody over the head with it!

The little sword half that came with the Skeletor toy figure was purple, like the rest of his weapons. But the Skeletor half was glow-in-the-dark yellow in the big weapon playset. That's why your memory is conflicting on the color.

View attachment 1755435 View attachment 1755436

Yeah that was it! I forgot t has the shield, bracelets, and belt though! I remember the shield, but not the bracelets.

Hola my friends,

My kids and I were talking and I realized how much fun this would be for us here on THE RPF! So, let’s hear it and post up a photo, let’s see your replica, tell us all the details!

What’s your ALL TIME FAVEORITE movie or tv weapon?

I’ll go first: Luke’s lightsaber. The green one especially. As a kid we had NO money so I made them out of sticks, painted the hilt bright green with spray paint, painted the hilt SILVER, and played outside pretending to be Luke for YEARS!!!!

Luke’s Lightsaber is such a GIANT part of my childhood! I don’t know why I don’t own a replica!!!! Hahahaha!

Can’t wait to see and hear your answers!

Blessings,

~Pastor Chuck

I can't possibly pick just one! It's the one in whichever of my favourite films/TV shows I'm watching. :D

Having said that... the top 5 (currently) would probably be:

Blade Runner: Deckard's PKD blaster
Return of the Jedi: Luke's light saber
The Princess Bride: Inigo Montoya's sword
Dred (2012): Judges' Lawgiver
Alita: Battle Angel (live action movie): Alita's 'damascus' blade (or (arguably) Alita herself, in her berserker body!

But then there's the pulse rifle... And Conan's Atlantean sword... And Han's DL44... And the Holy Hand Genade of Antioch... And Major's thermoptic pistol... And Robocop's Auto 9... And the TOS phasers....

Don't make me choose! :eek:

I also should mention how much I love the Plasma Rifle from Aliens. It's just such a fun BEAST of a weapon!

The Classic Star Trek Phaser II

A timeless prop that, almost 60 years on, represents the gold standard for science fiction weapon design.

View attachment 1752492

The Space 1999 Stun gun...pocket sized. Better yet, Iron Man's repulsors.

Pistol-Deckard's Blade Runner Blaster

Combat weapon-5th Element ZF-1

Collapsing or telescoping weapon-Obi Wan's ANH Lightsaber AFB

Sword-Highlander 1 Katana

Knife-Rambo 2

tumblr_px865rDpYE1x5540co5_540.gif

The awesome, colossal “Super-Cellophane”!!

I'm surprised that didn't get parodied more in pop-culture. Kids today probably won't recognize it but it was pretty widely remembered in the 1980s-90s.

Another one was Han Solo in the carbonite block. Considering the way everything else in the OT has been parodied to death I feel like that one hasn't been touched on as much.

I for the life of me can’t find it.. or reference photos

But I have always loved the “1st place dagger” in 1998’s lost in space …

Will built it out of two, first place medals that his father never got to witness him win. He cobbles them together to make this “switch blade” tri blade dagger.. which his father uses to best mutant Dr smith.. always loved this damn prop.. would love to see more reference of it
This is all I got
IMG_5245.jpeg
IMG_5244.jpeg
IMG_5246.jpeg
IMG_5247.jpeg

There's a ton of great weapons here. Han's DL-44 blaster, the Glaive, Aliens pulse rifle, and Luke's ROTJ lightsaber are all high on the list. One I haven't seen mentioned is Hellboy's Samaritan pistol. That's definitely a badass movie gun.

1715355768426.png

S&W M29 has to be up there.

That's why I own two of them. (7.5" and 8 3/8" barrels.)

ezgif-2-af585d26d9.gif

dirtyharry-clinteastwood.gif

tumblr_d55776a997b796c77a9a76bc4456ca44_4768e1fc_400.gif
tumblr_3dc2df828758d23548ee7be2870bf01c_bd6c64b9_400.gif

tumblr_74a7b5fa11098c40764828079492f20f_f3a9006c_540.gif

tumblr_0a61826c65f4dbc8bee78a1554f2c72e_b66b14c5_540.gif

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back