Question Who runs the RPF Facebook page?!? (

FuzzyDrawings

I (and I'm sure many others) have tried long and hard to avoid spoilers for Logan, but thanks to whomever runs the RPF Facebook page, they ruined a big surprise by posting an article about it, with the spoiler right smack at the top of the post. The movie hasn't even been out a day! The Facebook page should be about PROPS - if I want movie news, we can look at movie news pages. At the very least RPF's social media people need to respect its followers and that the majority of people don't want to be spoiled the same day a movie comes out.

I (and I'm sure many others) have tried long and hard to avoid spoilers for Logan, but thanks to whomever runs the RPF Facebook page, they ruined a big surprise by posting an article about it, with the spoiler right smack at the top of the post. The movie hasn't even been out a day! The Facebook page should be about PROPS - if I want movie news, we can look at movie news pages. At the very least RPF's social media people need to respect its followers and that the majority of people don't want to be spoiled the same day a movie comes out.

I am sorry you feel our social media team sharing the public news that a particular trailer (that has nothing to do with the feature film) is showing with a film is a "spoiler." We do not consider it as such. Movies are what often fuel our passion for props and costumes and a lot of movie news IS relevant to our hobby. Again, I am sorry you see this as a spoiler, but this was all over social media today and was a relevant and appropriate thing for us to share.

Holy crap Art is alive. Personally I'd just avoid the facebook page when a movie that is big hits or avoid social media at all as you know someone'll spoil things.

I am sorry you feel our social media team sharing the public news that a particular trailer (that has nothing to do with the feature film) is showing with a film is a "spoiler." We do not consider it as such. Movies are what often fuel our passion for props and costumes and a lot of movie news IS relevant to our hobby. Again, I am sorry you see this as a spoiler, but this was all over social media today and was a relevant and appropriate thing for us to share.

It was a leak, illegally recorded and released and was obviously something that the filmmakers wanted to be a surprise (as interviews with the director about the lack of a post credits scene show and the fact that it is not offically released anywhere). "Everyone else is doing it!" isn't a good enough excuse. You guys can at the very least be more mindful in how you present the information; giving users the opportunity to click or move along, instead of being blindsided with spoilers on their timeline without warning. But if that is going to be your stance on the matter, so be it.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back