Who took home Vera?

Noeland

Master Member
I have to know, did one of our esteemed members win this?

ebay# 230396915148 (the auction ended days ago)

I was snipered out of this auction by $5 :cry

Thems the breaks. STILL, I would love to hear about the casting, see better pictures, etc. and I do hope someone from the RPF won it and will share with us.

:thumbsup

That would be me :angel

I wondered who 'the other guy' was. Amazed that no-one else spotted this. Wasn't gonna mention it till she's safeley in my hands, due to the Russian roulette of UK customs, but since you sked...

That would be me :angel

I wondered who 'the other guy' was. Amazed that no-one else spotted this. Wasn't gonna mention it till she's safeley in my hands, due to the Russian roulette of UK customs, but since you sked...

Customs confiscated a prop gun of mine 6 months ago, hope you have better luck than I did mate.

Congrats Birdie!! I'm glad you got it, someone else who appreciates it. I hope she makes it to you safe and sound.

Yep, great price.

Yow...

That likely could have gone twice the winning bid if it were listed as the Callahan full bore autolock from Firefly/Serenity, as opposed to a bit in a cop comedy movie...

That likely could have gone twice the winning bid if it were listed as the Callahan full bore autolock from Firefly/Serenity, as opposed to a bit in a cop comedy movie...

Well it was used in and made for 'Showtime' - same as the one that ended up being recycled into Firefly. So listing it as that would have been a little misleading.

Great score Birdie :thumbsup

Customs confiscated a prop gun of mine 6 months ago, hope you have better luck than I did mate.

What gun was it, and what was it labelled as on the customs document? Did they give you a hard time about it?

I had to think pretty hard about spending that much money on something that might not get through, but it was the only chance I'll ever have of owning this prop. It's in transit at this point, so we'll know fairly soon....

I've had a similar experience to CelticWarrior. I had a screen used prop shotgun from Pitch Black shipped to me from the US that customs didn't like. They 'confiscated and disposed' of it. I kicked and screamed about it, but it did no good. Apparently the customs form was labeled as 'Solid Rubber Movie Prop' which they took to mean I was trying to conceal the fact it was a shotgun by not having 'Shotgun' written on the label :unsure Though I doubt that would have helped my chances either.

Though I must say thats the only one time I've had trouble, so the odds are pretty good at it getting through :lol
Let us know when it gets through safely

I think it's a lottery, really. I don't know if what they open up is through x-rays, what it's labelled as or a 1 in 10 basis. Whether they're busy or bored? A mix of the above. Who knows?

The package is labelled as movie prop, with a disclaimer in the box saying it's a sci-fi weapon with no real world equivalent. It's at least painted some funky colours :lol

I could really do with some of the Red Dwarf luck virus. Anyhoo, as soon as I know, so will you guys. Watch this space.

Edit: Before someone points it out, I know the Saiga is a real-world gun, but they don't have to :lol. Insane thing is, if it was a hero deac, I'd be on safe ground.

What gun was it, and what was it labelled as on the customs document? Did they give you a hard time about it?

I had to think pretty hard about spending that much money on something that might not get through, but it was the only chance I'll ever have of owning this prop. It's in transit at this point, so we'll know fairly soon....

I lost a Rosebox Shotgun by Sideshow [probably hanging on customs wall]. I had a heated row with customs about it on the phone, I emailed the pics and Sideshow info but it came to nothing. I had the Confiscated and Disposed of Notice along with other bits telling me what was legal and how much I could spend etc etc.
However it wasn't in the original Sideshow box which didn't help but it did have the stand with T2 etc on it so I asked Customs for the stand as it wasn't illegal and they refused saying the entire shipment was confiscated.
I honestly didn't sleep for a week through sheer anger and frustration.

I'm really wary of that seller ... the "screen-used" dilithium crystals, who's kidding who. Other things with with "COA from the Doohan family...." Anyone got info?

I lost a Rosebox Shotgun by Sideshow [probably hanging on customs wall]. I had a heated row with customs about it on the phone, I emailed the pics and Sideshow info but it came to nothing. I had the Confiscated and Disposed of Notice along with other bits telling me what was legal and how much I could spend etc etc.
However it wasn't in the original Sideshow box which didn't help but it did have the stand with T2 etc on it so I asked Customs for the stand as it wasn't illegal and they refused saying the entire shipment was confiscated.
I honestly didn't sleep for a week through sheer anger and frustration.

That's crappy, man :(

If Vera does get nuked by the thought police, I know I'm just gonna have to let it go, trying to argue with customs is pointless.

As for the seller, he was extremeley nice and accomodating to me, and very good with communications, before and after the sale. I got the feeling that he is not all that knowlegeable about his pieces though. He didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I mentioned the Saiga to him, but then I guess it's a pretty obscure weapon.

This is just a heads up for the UK guys,

If anyone has any problems or wants to know anything about the importing of prop weapons, let me know and ill help if i can.

Ive been perusing the law regarding these laws and the defences, so hopefully i could help out with some info.

Aye, I can be of assistance as well, being as I own an Airsoft site :)

Pesky bloody UKARA nonsense...

Sorry to rain on the parade but thats not Vera. There is only, always was only, one Vera made and it was never molded nor copies made from the original. Its a great base to start with but keep in mind rubber can shrink as much as 15%.

The real Vera went through hell and high water to meet UK customs acceptance and even at that there was some insider help to make sure things were not much a gamble. No doubt due to the size of the package, this rubber casting of the Showtime gun will get red flagged by customs. Whether they open it or x-ray it, it just cant hide. What you have working for you Birdie is the holiday season.

What strikes me as off with the rubber casting is it does not to appear to have seen much use. That ebay seller has listed items that clearly have belonged to prop masters. I also wonder if they buy up storage units.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back