WIP 1/1 Superman C.Reeve bust

admiral mick

hello there,

Well... This is not the first bust of C.Reeve ever made :lol
but this is my first attempt to sculpt and finish a 1/1 bust.

I started to sculpt some 1/4 and 1/3 few years ago ..
About 4 years learning and trying to sculpt this Character ...
I choose to make him serious (so no smile there)
opinions ?

4060400333_3d60c229d2_o.jpg

4060400001_acd1f1df5c_o.jpg

4060400119_b0fa02972e_o.jpg

4061142928_6c0bc4d996_o.jpg

Thanks you guys for the kind words ;)

heat vision option ? that's a good idea :thumbsup but red laser is invisible without smoke or powder ... :confused

I use a mix of oil clay called Plastiline. (the "Hard grade" is not hard enough , the "very hard grade" is too hard ... so I made a 50/50 mix and that's perfect for me )

I was thinking just having his eyes glow red from the inside right at the retina...

Of course beams through the room would be cool..but hard to pull off!

Nice job so far. It's going to look great with that no BS stare supes had when he was pissed. I enjoy that look more than any other version of Superman. I altered my Howard S bust to reflect that stare recently and I was happy with the results, so I'm looking forward to your version.

Wow, that looks great! Just keep at it, you'll get it done when you get it done... take your time and do the likeness justice. ;)

May I suggest standardizing your photography at 6 feet away and zooming in? Anything closer, most camera lenses suffer from lens distortion, and it throws off the proportions of your sculpt to viewers.

Most actors, are rarely photographed or filmed with the camera so close.

Finally someone attempting a sculpt of this character without that ridiculous looking smirk on his face. I've pleaded with others in the past to take this direction but it fell on deaf ears.

I don't think the world could handle another Reeve or Ford sculpture with a smile/smirk.

Good for you. :thumbsup

Finally someone attempting a sculpt of this character without that ridiculous looking smirk on his face. I've pleaded with others in the past to take this direction but it fell on deaf ears.

I don't think the world could handle another Reeve or Ford sculpture with a smile/smirk.

Good for you. :thumbsup.

Amen to this!!

Wonderful work here mate and made more so because you are seeing (in my opinion) the man as he was instead of the sentimental depiction of the man as he seems to have become.

I wish you well and look forward to seeing where you go from here!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back