[WIP] the Amazing Spiderman

Just saw the movie yesterday and noticed a lot of details on the suit :D
And, in a scene on the top of the building, it is really the asics we all bought as we can see Peter wearing them before he use them in the suit ^^

I began to work with my girlfriend on the boots.
As you know, I want to be able to remove them so I do not print them on the suit but make them on the asics :
IMG_6108.jpg

IMG_6107.jpg

IMG_6111.jpg

The color scheme allows us to know where to cut, sew and how much the sock's canva must be outstretched when we draw the pattern on the final material.

And, here's a pic of the web shooters I ordered from carl9149 :
IMG_6129.JPG

I cut the first shoe's templates yesterday and will sew them together by the week end.
I also assemble the web shooters.

And !! I have to say that my girlfriend has wonderful ideas : as you can see on the shooters' pic, they are the display ones. So 2 threads go out the cartridge and I had to remove them to assemble the shooters. She said : "keep the threads, and, when the shooters will be finished and fully painted, put the threads on the front to simulate that your shooting some web and make your costume more alive"
This is gonna be really great, don't you think ? :)

Well if you don't know what she meant, I'll take a picture to illustrate it ;)

Week end update : Webshooters paint by my girlfriend ^^

IMG_6216.JPG

IMG_6217.JPG

Just have to put a red led inside with the system to light it up when I do the "spidey handsign" :D

Awesome! Just one small suggestion. Maybe coat that paintjob with a transparent glossy finish so it looks more metallic. Other than that it's really good! :) Looking forward to see what you come up with for the lighting system and the rest of the build.

Thanks !
Yep, I'll do it ;)

Well, I have to say that I'm a little affraid by this costume. It is hard to do it as I want to and I want it done by the end of october for Halloween and the BR/DVD release in November ^^"

Hi guys !
I didn't post here for a while but here I am ! :)
I'm following with great interest the TASM threads but I want to make the suit in an other way and all by myself.
As I don't have the skills needed in sewing, and drawing the honeycomb with puff paint, I decided to make the movie suit but "comic style" :
here's a little 'toshop work by my gf to get a quick idea about the render it will have :

comparison.jpg

What do you think guys ?
Just remind that the body shadows will be present. It will be the suit we know but only w/o the honeycombs. So the shadows on the red parts will be red and not blue unlike the movie.

I also redo one of the lenses to test worbla :
IMG_7345.JPG

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back